Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    My favorite Batman story is still To Kill a Legend from Detective Comics #500, Shaggy. Probably will always be, too.
    Totally off topic, but mine is 'The Coming of...Clayface III!" from Detective Comics #478.

SHOW ME YOUR THUMBS!! BohemiaDrinker's Avatar

Hard to say; over the years, my likes and dislikes concerning COIE have changed quite a few times; and I was never really attached to i, even if it was the "current" universe for most of my life. Overall, I`d say that COIE`s consequences and story choices were 50/50 in my book, as the New 52 is now.

From back then, I liked that they managed to keep the Golden Age super-heroes existing in their somewhat classic forms. I liked all the "new generation" energy Coie brought, also, with Wally as Flash, new faces in the JL. I loved the legacy aspect that was mas made official by COIE, and became a trend for a while.

But I disliked strongly that we had to wait more than ten ears for a "Big 7" Justice League, and that WW was no longer a founding member. I hated Byrne Superman and how long it`s influence lasted. I missed the multiverse, a lot. And, from Didio`s tenure on, I kind of hated the push on the more "classical" interpretations of everything; Loeb`s Supergirl, Geoff Johns´ Teen Titans, killing Lian Harper, benching Cass Cain and specially Flash Rebirth.... I felt that the "classical" trend and it`s implementation were systematically screwing up most of the unique, most interesting aspects of the post-Coie continuity; to the point were it indeed became broken, and a reboot was really needed.

I don`t agree with everything in the Nu52 (by far), and I don`t think that practicing pretty much the same editorial embargoes and edicts that the immediate post-COIE universe had in effect is a good idea. but an initiative along the lines of the one we got was necessary at this point.

I shed no tears for the post-COIE universe, basically, because it was over a while ago, really.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    I suppose it comes down to the perspective you speak from. Batman new 52 version was not in COIE so it is meaningless in terms of that characters history.

That being said. 10 Nights of the Beast was my fav batman story and it will always hold meaning to me. I read it again recently and still loved it... even if Regan as president dates it badly. From the view of the reader, all stories have the potential to have profound meaning. I think thats where the conflict comes from... the definition of perspective for the conversation.
    I just reread 10 Nights of the Beast a couple of months ago for the first time since the issues came out, and it was solid. I always liked "Chaos--Coming and going" for some reason--Captain Boomerang invades gotham. Good stuff

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

But I disliked strongly that we had to wait more than ten years for a "Big 7" Justice League,
    Given that we hadn't actually had a "Big 7" Justice League for well over a decade prior to COIE (J'onn was gone by 1970, and several additional characters had joined before he left) I don't really understand that complaint.

SHOW ME YOUR THUMBS!! BohemiaDrinker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    Given that we hadn't actually had a "Big 7" Justice League for well over a decade prior to COIE (J'onn was gone by 1970, and several additional characters had joined before he left) I don't really understand that complaint.
    COIE was, technically, a new universe, and I believe that the "Big 7" JL should be one of the first "entities" in any iteration of the DCU. Certainly, the first team of it`s era. Post COIE, we didn`t have that; Wonder Woman status meant that the very first the Big 7 were officially a team, it was Morrison`s JLA. (and I think that it also meant Diana never knew Barry Allen, which is just absurd).