Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I personally enjoyed COIE, but didn't COIE pretty much take itself out continuity. Obviously, there were effects of COIE that stayed, such as the death of Barry Allen, but I was always under the impression that it essentially retconned itself until it was acknowledged in Infinite Crisis.

Arrow

Crisis on Infinite Earths was referenced in Hawk & Dove # 1, unless that issue has itself been retconned since, which would be cool with me because it was awful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyOlsenMustDie View Post
    Crisis on Infinite Earths was referenced in Hawk & Dove # 1, unless that issue has itself been retconned since, which would be cool with me because it was awful.
    Wasn't that about the way Don Hall died? If so, yes, it has been retconned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
    Wasn't that about the way Don Hall died? If so, yes, it has been retconned.
    Yeah, Hank says that Don died a few years ago "in the greatest crisis the world has ever seen." How are we explaining retcons that have occurred since Flashpoint, like the TPB editing and stuff? I guess there just isn't any in-world reason for them.

Is it said anywhere later in the series that this has been retconned? I don't know because I quit after one issue.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by henrymalredo View Post
    I personally enjoyed COIE, but didn't COIE pretty much take itself out continuity.
    It took out its actual, full Multiverse self, but in the Post-COIE continuity, some single-universe equivalent to the Crisis On Infinite Earths did happen...but in only one universe.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

Get it right, people.

BANNED

Is it said anywhere later in the series that this has been retconned? I don't know because I quit after one issue.
    In DCU Presents #0 he's killed in a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
    In DCU Presents #0 he's killed in a fire.
    I read that, but I didn't take it as a retcon. I thought that whole episode happened during the Crisis, because it didn't specifically say otherwise.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I read that, but I didn't take it as a retcon. I thought that whole episode happened during the Crisis, because it didn't specifically say otherwise.
    If the new take is that Don died in a fire, then there has been a retcon because in the original COIE, Don was killed by the antimatter touch of the Shadow Demons, not by fire.

faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

Get it right, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    If the new take is that Don died in a fire, then there has been a retcon because in the original COIE, Don was killed by the antimatter touch of the Shadow Demons, not by fire.

Yes, I remember. I was just thinking he died a different way during the Crisis instead of the original way he died, not that Crisis didn't happen at all. It's funny, eye of the beholder and all.

wow really?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    I love Final Crisis. What do you not like about IC? I'm planning on getting the omnibus.
    It would take all night to get into all the things I don't like about Infinite Crisis, but we may have different tastes, so you never know. Still, my recommendation would be to find some other way of reading IC before you commit to shelling out for an Absolute. Just to try it out. You said in the other thread you thought Blackest Night was mediocre. Well... I wouldn't say IC is better. Absolute IC will be an expensive book if you end up not liking it.

COIE didn't happen for THESE CHARACTERS we are reading now, but it STILL HAPPENED.

It's still in the wider/complete continuity of DC.

This is what pisses me off when people cry about how older events like COIE has been "erased" and "doesn't matter" now. They still matter a ton. Just not directly relevant for the new 52 characters.

Didn't CoIE remove itself from happening? It's not so much that the heroes remembered the past differently as the reality including that past changed, post-Crisis, right? Anyone remembering pre-Crisis reality was remembering something that no longer existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    COIE didn't happen for THESE CHARACTERS we are reading now, but it STILL HAPPENED.

This is what pisses me off when people cry about how older events like COIE has been "erased" and "doesn't matter" now. They still matter a ton. Just not directly relevant for the new 52 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post

No, it never happened to ANY characters. It got erased from all continuities. All the tie-in issues like where Hal looks up and notices the sky turned red: Throw them out. They never happened. Superman crying about Supergirl dying: Take it to recycling. Erase, erase, erase. All erased. And THEY DON'T MATTER. It was a terrible series whose sole purpose was to piss away the incredible scope and variety DC used to have, but now we can all rejoice. Because now, IT NEVER HAPPENED.