View Poll Results: Who will die?

Voters
160. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Batman

9 5.63%
  • Damian

26 16.25%
  • Drake

15 9.38%
  • Todd

7 4.38%
  • Alfred

63 39.38%
  • Batgirl

14 8.75%
  • Gordon

16 10.00%
  • The Japanese batman

19 11.88%
  • Joker

27 16.88%
  • Harley

18 11.25%
  • Catwoman

7 4.38%
  • Other

36 22.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by geoff2005 View Post
    Death of "THE" family I think more likely the bat family split up cause of Jokers actions. They can also kill someone off to make the family split because Bruce doesnt want to get anyone involved kind of like that whole phase he went through with Jason Todd. anything can happen but i think more likely the family splits
    I tend to agree with the Batman shuns all others at stories end as well. But at the same time that seems to work agaisnt the entire Batman Inc thing. Unless maybe he just starts considering the various Robins and Bat-ladies Inc employees.

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrFever View Post
    I tend to agree with the Batman shuns all others at stories end as well. But at the same time that seems to work agaisnt the entire Batman Inc thing. Unless maybe he just starts considering the various Robins and Bat-ladies Inc employees.
    There have been points where Bats seemed to look at his 'family' as nothing more than foot soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Hasn't it been posted numerous times that no one dies?
    Yes. Numerous times.
    Be all you can be.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Tried searching everywhere for when Snyder said that he was only giving permission to maim, not kill a character. I searched tweets forever and didn't see it, but I know it was said.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    Tried searching everywhere for when Snyder said that he was only giving permission to maim, not kill a character. I searched tweets forever and didn't see it, but I know it was said.
    Wasn't it the subject of a couple of threads here?
    Be all you can be.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Honestly, I don't remember. I just remember reading it. And I know it was from the horses mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    Exactly. Me, too.

This is why I'm starting to think I should save these 'revealing' interviews and tweets when I see them because it's so easy for them to changed - the 'advantage' of no longer having hardcopies to refer to...

(Cue conspiracy )

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    No, nothing has been confirmed either way. It has been speculated that Snyder wouldn't have the power/guts to kill someone off. Now with his tweet about killing characters and Capullo's of Batman crying... I dunno.
    It was quoted by Snyder that his second arc, the one with the Joker, will be a major turning point and a status quo changer.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFever View Post
    I really hope that isn't the case.

It seems like a lot of Grant's run was about forcing bruce wayne to admit that there is a person beyond bruce wayne (facade) and batman, and that he's an actual human being.

I guess I just don't like the idea of Bruce forgetting the "first truth of batman" so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RichSummers View Post
    I really can't see anyone in the bat family dying. Damian, Dick , and Babs are completely off limits. Jason would be redundant and I'm not even sure killing Tim would have any effect on anyone other than the most hardcore bat-family readers at this point. Perhaps alfred gets badly injured or maybe Joker fakes his death and Bruce blames himself. I have no clue at this point.
    If Tim dies... I would be super disappointed I'm already stuck reading TT just to get my red robin fix. In infinite crisis when Tim is begging bruce to save his dad, thats the most heart wrenching moment in comics to me. Babs would be the one id like to see most bite the bullet. Im all for deaths with meaning.
    Pull List: Aquaman, Death of the Family, Ultimate Comics Spider Man, Uncanny Avengers, Secret Service, Locke and Key & I, Vampire

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Fan2232 View Post
    If Tim dies... I would be super disappointed I'm already stuck reading TT just to get my red robin fix. In infinite crisis when Tim is begging bruce to save his dad, thats the most heart wrenching moment in comics to me. Babs would be the one id like to see most bite the bullet. Im all for deaths with meaning.
    Tim needs more time before his death could have the proper impact. The 'best' time for killing him would have been after his father made him quit, but now that he has virtually no dynamics with the rest of the bat-family, that his parents aren't in the picture, and that he has no girlfriend there's no one to care if he bites it. It's still too early in Teen Titans as well for them to be as meaningful as it should be. Babs' impact would pretty much be on her father, which of course throws the dynamics of Gotham out of whack. On a personal level I think that her death in the universe wouldn't even have that much of an impact on Dick.

If there was one person whose death would realistically have the approproate impact it's Alfred. Even if they haven't had any interaction with him it's easy to see how the Robins would take his death hard. For Bruce in particular it would be like being orphaned again.

Of course, the Joker could never beat Alfred. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU8mj9lid0s

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Tim needs more time before his death could have the proper impact. The 'best' time for killing him would have been after his father made him quit, but now that he has virtually no dynamics with the rest of the bat-family, that his parents aren't in the picture, and that he has no girlfriend there's no one to care if he bites it. It's still too early in Teen Titans as well for them to be as meaningful as it should be. Babs' impact would pretty much be on her father, which of course throws the dynamics of Gotham out of whack. On a personal level I think that her death in the universe wouldn't even have that much of an impact on Dick.

If there was one person whose death would realistically have the approproate impact it's Alfred. Even if they haven't had any interaction with him it's easy to see how the Robins would take his death hard. For Bruce in particular it would be like being orphaned again.

Of course, the Joker could never beat Alfred. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU8mj9lid0s
    Killing Alfred would be an absolutely awful move. He has been there since the beginning. He is just as important to the Batbooks as Batman is. The dynamic between the two is what's so endearing. Long story short, I will be pretty pissed off if he's killed.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Harper Row
    Cullen Row
    Thomas Wayne Jr
    Lesley Thompkins even

It won't be anyone major
    Harper Row has been said by Snyder to appear in an "aftermath" issue after this arc.

In case anybody doesn't know, Snyder said there are 3 aftermath issues (18-20), and that the Riddler arc is 9 (21-29).

Brutus (Damien's dog) - think that's his name, doubt it's anyone starring in a bat book
    Books im reading: Black Widow, Loki Agent of Asgard, Catwoman, Green Arrow, Red Hood, JLD, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Batman, Worlds Finest...

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    In case anybody doesn't know, Snyder said there are 3 aftermath issues (18-20), and that the Riddler arc is 9 (21-29).
    Holy (Bat) Cow!!!