View Poll Results: Who will die?

Voters
160. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Batman

9 5.63%
  • Damian

26 16.25%
  • Drake

15 9.38%
  • Todd

7 4.38%
  • Alfred

63 39.38%
  • Batgirl

14 8.75%
  • Gordon

16 10.00%
  • The Japanese batman

19 11.88%
  • Joker

27 16.88%
  • Harley

18 11.25%
  • Catwoman

7 4.38%
  • Other

36 22.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    What do you think?
    Maybe somebody littered.

I really don't think Snyder is going to kill any of the Batfamily. Given his interviews, he's seems aware of the needlessness of such a thing. The fact that Capullo is tweeting a very emotionally revealing scene signifies to me that there is larger, perhaps unexpected, context to what is happening. It can't be what we're suspecting.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    It could mean that. Which is why I have my finger hovering over the "drop the book" button. I have zero interest in a return to the paranoid loner Batman of 10-15 years ago. The instant I see that happen -- whether it happens with this story or even at any point down the line -- I will drop the Bat-books with a quickness that will make my LCS owner's head spin.
    I can just see it now:

BATMAN: "Sniff - I'm unfriending all of you from my Facebook, and taking your names off of my cell & e-mail lists. And (sniff) if I see you pummeling a crook in an alley or street corner, I'm just going to turn my bat-mobile in the opposite direction. But only BECAUSE I LOVE YOUUUU, and can't have the Joker seeing me interact with uz guyz!"

Yeah, that would be really lame. Good thing I primarily only read Batgirl for my monthly bat fix
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by RichSummers View Post
    I'm with you on this one. After Fugitive and Murderer I never wanted to see the loner, paranoid, brooding Bruce again.
    That issue towards the beginning of Murderer, where Nightwing fistfights Batman in the Batcave, Batman inexplicably refuses to share with the Bat-family the fact he does plan to follow up the murder investigation, and happily gives up the Bruce Wayne identity, telling them all Bruce was only a "mask"... was where I dropped all the Bat-books cold, much like I'm afraid is about to happen again. That issue read so stupid, shallow and artificial, trying to maneuver the character into a position they couldn't achieve with any semblance of believability, and disgusted me so badly that I just dropped it all, and didn't even look at the Bat-books again until well after Rucka and Brubaker were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    If they did that wouldn't they have to drop INC from continuity altogether?
    I think Inc never should have been part of the new continuity anyway. They should have just let Morrison take all the time he needed to finish his story, keeping it as the last book of the old DCU for as long as it lasted. It wouldn't have hurt sales at all, imo, and it would have helped the series' coherence a lot.

Hell, remaining set in the old DCU would have been an actual strong selling point to a lot of fans.

Snyder already had Batman say "Bruce Wayne is just a mask" once, but he seemed to back away from the statement right away. Which is a good thing, because I nearly dropped the series then and there.

Snyder already had Batman say "Bruce Wayne is just a mask" once, but he seemed to back away from the statement right away. Which is a good thing, because I nearly dropped the series then and there.
    I think that Snyder realizes that nobody wants a brooding, loner Batman. He's a big comic reader himself, and I wouldn't be surprised if he looks at some fan response to the arc on the internet. Heck, maybe he looks at feedback on CBR. Maybe he's one of us. Maybe I am Scott Snyder.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

I think Inc never should have been part of the new continuity anyway. They should have just let Morrison take all the time he needed to finish his story, keeping it as the last book of the old DCU for as long as it lasted. It wouldn't have hurt sales at all, imo, and it would have helped the series' coherence a lot.

Hell, remaining set in the old DCU would have been an actual strong selling point to a lot of fans.
    Yep, would have made me happier for one.

I think Batman has just been reading the New52 comics, realised the continuity is up the shit and he's weeping for a return to better times
    ಠ_ಠ

Well I like Loner Batman but I get the sense that most people kinda have this Batman: Noel take on him as a Loner.
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

Maybe Joker tears up the Bat family and by the end of the story, the family comes back together. You know, a few issues of brooding loner Batman and then he bounces back.

I think the exact opposite. I think after the success he has had so far with the Owls and whatnot, he feels tremendous pressure to match or exceed that level of fan attention. He's at a very dangerous crossroads of his career, imo. If he gives in to the temptation of trying to make EVERYTHING he does a major shake-up of the Batman mythos, by ramping up the stakes to unmaintainable levels, killing off of characters, etc., he's going to burn a lot of readers out, including me. He's riding high now, but he could trigger a huge backlash that could hurt his career long term.

Already, I have not been looking forward to Death of the Family at all. I'm not anxious to see what happens. Mostly, I wish we were through it already so we could get back to all of the books just concentrating on trying to tell solid stories. I'm kind of a recent Snyder convert, because I enjoyed most of Owls. But he could lose me again very easily.
    You could do what I've been doing - ignore the hype and just look at this story as Snyder trying to concentrate on trying to tell a solid story. I think fans hyping up any Joker story is what drives people to start to question the story. Let's face it, a lot of us are cynical. We see a bunch of people saying a bunch of good things and we just need to say "yeah right," even if it's subconsciously hah

But I'd also have to disagree with your initial statement - that Snyder is feeling pressure. I'm sure there's that tinge of pressure that any writer feels when their new material is being released - but I highly doubt Snyder is stressing in the least. He got a very warm reception overall to Court of the Owls and has gotten to work with all his buddies on this arc. He seems to be very laid back in any interviews I've watched/read with him - he genuinely seems to be having fun with this; the story first and foremost, the hype, the social media, etc. But who knows - just coming off publicly, he seems pretty okay with his life haha.

Anyways, didn't mean to spend the entire post defending Snyder - I'm not really a fan boy of his but I do enjoy his work over most others. That said - this picture of Batman crying is really getting me excited. I hold sentimental value to Batman as an entirety, an overall story - so if someone was to be killed off in the comics I more than likely wouldn't mind it. Especially if it's pulled off nicely. If it can make Batman cry maybe it can even make a cold blooded comic fan do the same? haha
    Last edited by theDarkJAww13; 11-03-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WizP View Post
    Maybe Joker tears up the Bat family and by the end of the story, the family comes back together. You know, a few issues of brooding loner Batman and then he bounces back.
    This is more or less what I expect to happen.

Anyone suspect that if there was a death it would be Alfred? I personally would be super pissed off if this were the case, but if someone's death were the cause of Bruce's tears, it seems fitting it'd be the guy he's known his entire life...

I Kick Crime in the Balls The Greatest Hero's Avatar

It's bait. Don't take it. Alfred will not die. The scene would be a lot more dramatic if Alfred was dead. Not one panel of Batman shedding a single tear.

Alfred is probably very wounded though. That's probably all there is.

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

Considering that Morrison just wrote a story where Bruce becomes mentally shattered and then was regaining his strength (R.I.P./Last Rites/ROBW/B&R) if he regresses to being mentally ill/brooding loner I am done with Snyder. Regression in comics is normal, but right after a strong story that rebuilt a character?

And if he goes the "Alfred dies" route that's just really predictable. Bruce has been through a lot and has never cried. So I am definitely interested, if a little hesitant, to what Snyder has Bruce cry about.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

Hopefully its Damian. Kids useless and annoying.