Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Batman Disappearing When Gordon's Back Is Turned" & More Comic Book Patterns

CSBG presents a collection of recurring comic book patterns, including all the times Hawkeye quit the Avengers, how often Jean Grey has "died" and the latest, Batman disappearing when Commissioner Gordon's back is turned.

Full article here.

Gordon should just stare at Batman without ever turning away or even blinking for as long as he can. Make Batman uncomfortable because he wants to leave, but he can't just say, "See ya" and take off like a normal person. If Gordon really holds it up, maybe he can force Batman into wasting one of his ninja Bat-smoke pellets to make his exit from Gordon's office.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    Gordon should just stare at Batman without ever turning away or even blinking for as long as he can. Make Batman uncomfortable because he wants to leave, but he can't just say, "See ya" and take off like a normal person. If Gordon really holds it up, maybe he can force Batman into wasting one of his ninja Bat-smoke pellets to make his exit from Gordon's office.
    Somebody should write that as one of the short Legends of the Dark Knight digital comics.

Special mention should go to Superman in Kingdom Come and Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Rises who both do the same thing to Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRaven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    Somebody should write that as one of the short Legends of the Dark Knight digital comics.
    I'd read that.
    Your name is Kal-El. You are the only survivor of the planet Krypton. Even though you've been raised as a human being, you are not one of them
    JOR-EL

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

lol, me too.

I'm thinking Batman is the type of dude that came up with lenses first and foremost to avoid awkward eye contact. We need to see him actively being made uncomfortable.

I like how Gordon sees Valley behind him and is like "dude something's wrong!"