Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I keep saying that there should be a comic series based on legacy of kain.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

The Mass Effect comics are good. Wildstorm had some neat stuff for Gears of War. Marvel did some Halo minis. IDW was a good choice for Silent Hill comics.

There's actually a lot of videogames that had comics, but I'd assume a lot of them are just adaptations of the game. I like when they provide an extra story or expand on the universe of the franchise. Game companies seem pretty willing to let comics expand on their property so I'm surprised some of these haven't lasted longer. It seems when the game stops selling, so do the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Parch View Post
    The Mass Effect comics are good. Wildstorm had some neat stuff for Gears of War. Marvel did some Halo minis. IDW was a good choice for Silent Hill comics.

There's actually a lot of videogames that had comics, but I'd assume a lot of them are just adaptations of the game. I like when they provide an extra story or expand on the universe of the franchise. Game companies seem pretty willing to let comics expand on their property so I'm surprised some of these haven't lasted longer. It seems when the game stops selling, so do the comics.
    If that's your cup of tea, then Dark horse has you covered. Prototype, Darksiders, Dragon Age, Rage, Valve Presents, all expand on the games, be it prequel or sequel.

The Valve ones are only distributed by Dark Horse. They're effectively "creator owned" in that Valve created and digitally distributed them before they teamed up with Dark Horse to distribute a collection. ;)

You know, someone should make a Metro 2033 comic book adaptation, the game has a really good story.

But then again, it's about Russians so don't know how well it would sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    You know, someone should make a Metro 2033 comic book adaptation, the game has a really good story.

But then again, it's about Russians so don't know how well it would sell.
    A comic adaptation of a game adaptation of a book?

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    right, I totally forgot it was a book,silly me
    Well, it could be a comic adaptation of the book, it would still probably make a good comics, depending on the writer/artist of course.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    The comic'll be a good storyboard for a movie adaptation which will then get a TV treatment...the movie will of course get a new game itself, and after the TV show ends in 4 seasons, there'll be a "season 5" comic book. The circle of life.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

So, Dead Space: Liberation came out as a hardcover title along with the release of Dead Space 3. The Dead Space: Salvage book was rereleased under a new publisher and the original Dead Space hardcover was rereleased as a TPB bundled along with Dead Space: Extraction. Also, Halo: Fall of Reach has the entire series collected in a single book and Bloodline, Uprising, and Helljumper are getting an OHC treatment soon.

Ive read and enjoyed a few of the Mass Effect series from Dark Horse. May pick up the HC collection when it hits. Interested in the ongoing too.

Also have fond memories of Top Cows Tomb Raider series. Wish theyd reprint that compendium but i think theyve lost the license. Who published the recent Origins series?