Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Video Game Comics Discussion

I figured there might be some of you out there like me that actually collects the comic series that go along with video games you play. Just to name a few, Metal Gear Solid, Dead Rising, Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Brothers in Arms, and Dead Space all have comics that further their story. If this thread takes off, I'll compile a list of all the collected editions for video game-related comics. So, is there anything on the horizon that you're looking forward to?

I don't usually but I very much intend to pick up "The Last of Us: American Dreams" by Faith Erin Hicks. Love her work and I can never not support a local comics artist. I don't even have that much interest in the game as it's a PS3 exclusive but I do want to read the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by SevDelta View Post
    Just to name a few, Metal Gear Solid, Dead Rising, Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Brothers in Arms, and Dead Space all have comics that further their story.
    There are Metal Gear Solid Comics!!?? HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS!!!! Who's the writer? Who's the Artist? What Publisher? TELL ME NOW, I NEED TO KNOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    There are Metal Gear Solid Comics!!?? HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS!!!! Who's the writer? Who's the Artist? What Publisher? TELL ME NOW, I NEED TO KNOW!!!
    http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Sol...+solid+omnibus

I'm a sucker for a good tie in. I've got a couple of the Halos and World of Warcrafts with plans to track down the Uncharted one

I found the World of Warcraft one to be not too bad, but I've not read it in years (sold my copies) and have little wish to try again.

I must say, however, the Mirror's Edge comic wasn't all that bad.

Thank you, kind Sir and may God bless your soul.

EDIT: BTW is it an expansion of the story or an adaptation of the video games?
    Last edited by Blastermaster; 11-04-2012 at 01:49 AM.

I still miss the Tomb Raider comics, from Top Cow, and wouldn't mind a new series.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

Dark Horse had some digital exclusive Dragon Age, Darksiders and Prototype 2 comics a while ago. The Dragon Age one was good, but a comic about a video game where the player chooses what happens, is probably not the best choice. In my play-through the main character of the comic wasn't even alive. The prototype one was entertaining enough but nothing spectacular.

Has anyone read the Darksiders one?

Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    Thank you, kind Sir and may God bless your soul.

EDIT: BTW is it an expansion of the story or an adaptation of the video games?
    I have not actually flipped through my copy yet but it is an adaption of the games but contains more detail than the game itself. It gets to focus on more stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SevDelta View Post
    I have not actually flipped through my copy yet but it is an adaption of the games but contains more detail than the game itself. It gets to focus on more stuff.
    Sweet!!

So I've been trying to hunt down the Assassin's Creed: The Fall TPB but, considering one just sold for like $65 on ebay, I opted to get the UbiWorkshop edition of ACIII and get the Subject 4 book that contains both The Fall and The Chain together. Has anyone here read The Chain or The Fall?

I do for the DC super hero games...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    I still miss the Tomb Raider comics, from Top Cow, and wouldn't mind a new series.
    The franchise is getting a major relaunch next year. Maybe a book will come out with it.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Just remembered, Dark horse has the Mass Effect comics. The ones I've read are all good, I think invasion was the best one. I've read all except Homeworlds, any one read that one?

EDIT: DH just released a new digital exclusive, Mass Effect: Blasto: Eternity is Forever, friggin' sweet
    Last edited by Blastermaster; 11-07-2012 at 11:36 AM.