Jared Kincaid
    Mouse

vs

Anita Blake
    Jean-Claude
    Richard Zeeman
    Asher
    Nathaniel Graison

note: I have not yet read Anita Blake except for the Wiki description. Thought it would be interesting to compare these two series. If its' a curbstomp in either direction, I can edit the set up to try and make it more even.

The Dresden Files characters

Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter characters
    Last edited by Tami; 11-03-2012 at 10:05 AM.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

I can't answer much because I too don't know much about Anita Blake, though I do know just Harry and Molly alone possess some serious power.

Though I saw the name "Jean-Claude" on their team and immediately thought of Mouse ripping Jean Claude Van Damme to pieces.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

It is a stomp.

None of the Anita Blake people really use firearms, besides Blake herself (Though Jean Claude might carry one around), Nathaniel is stronger than a human but borderline useless in a fight, and none of them are remotely on the level of being able to blitz Harry.

Composite/Winter Knight Dresden probably solos. Regular Dresden is being backed up by way too many people here, and bullet proof shields combined with fire based attacks would obliterate the opposition.

This is not even getting into the other guys.

So...yeah. Stomp.

...now, the only real factor her is the fact that the vampires have mind control powers, after a fashion. Not this this is very likely to help them against Dresden or Molly, let alone multiple holy knights that eat lesser vampires for breakfast. Or Mouse. Or probably even Kincaid.
    Last edited by Sol M; 11-04-2012 at 03:09 AM.

Or heck would the mind control even work on the Thomas and his sis?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Or heck would the mind control even work on the Thomas and his sis?
    It's possible considering Lara's relationship with her father. But I think a strong, well fed 'Hunger' might help protect against that type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    It is a stomp.

None of the Anita Blake people really use firearms, besides Blake herself (Though Jean Claude might carry one around), Nathaniel is stronger than a human but borderline useless in a fight, and none of them are remotely on the level of being able to blitz Harry.

Composite/Winter Knight Dresden probably solos. Regular Dresden is being backed up by way too many people here, and bullet proof shields combined with fire based attacks would obliterate the opposition.

This is not even getting into the other guys.

So...yeah. Stomp.

...now, the only real factor her is the fact that the vampires have mind control powers, after a fashion. Not this this is very likely to help them against Dresden or Molly, let alone multiple holy knights that eat lesser vampires for breakfast. Or Mouse. Or probably even Kincaid.
    From their descriptions I thought Anita and the others were very powerful. Which Dresden-verse characters would give them a good fight? And which ones stomp them? Could Dresden really Solo Anita Blake and the other three?
    Last edited by Tami; 11-04-2012 at 05:19 AM.

The thing about Anitaverse vampire mind control powers is that while actual mind control takes time, stuff like clouding people's minds to appear to teleport around (when they're actually walking to a location in reality) is actually pretty quick and subtle as far as humans are concerned. Even humans with partial resistance to it (on the level of being unaffected by ordinary vampires) were susceptible to mind tricks by a master vampire like Jean Claude.

I have serious doubts about how well it works on non humans though. Plus, I'm not sure we have hard numbers on how far away it works and how long it holds. Could prove to be a useful advantage, at least, except that there are opponents here it probably won't work on.

Anita and Jean Claude could probably try some kind of mental mojo if they could make sufficient physical contact with their opponents, but again, that's unlikely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    From their descriptions I thought Anita and the others were very powerful.
    I am baffled by how you read Nathaniel's entry and thought of him as being "very powerful". o_O

Which Dresden-verse characters would give them a good fight? And which ones stomp them?
    Well, putting them against powerful Dresdenverse wizards is just pointless, that's for sure.

They don't really use combat magic, you see. ^^

Could Dresden really Solo Anita Blake and the other three?
    Winter Knight Dresden could, sure. WK Harry does stuff like outpace vampires, take hits that would leave a human with broken bones, take out vampire mages in one on one combat, and trivially cast spells that can wreck mobs of vampires.

Regular Dresden isn't quite as fast, or as tough, or as quick at pulling out powerful spells, let alone spamming them, so that one would be trickier to judge, especially with Jean Claude trying to get into his mind.

Sanya And Michael alone could likely win this. Hell vampires catch fire occasionally just from touching Michael casually, an his sword is essentially excalibur with a true nail of the cross worked into it. Think a high level D&D paladin packing a better than most holy avenger. The dude killed a Dresdenverse Dragon.Sanya is similar except he also carries a submachine gun. Kindcad is a demon/human hybrid with very high end military equip as his standard load and a history of one shotting vampires during massive group fights. If you throw in the temple dog mouse you don't even need to add a main character to make this a stomp.
    Last edited by AJ Valliant; 11-04-2012 at 05:54 AM.

The thing about Anitaverse vampire mind control powers is that while actual mind control takes time, stuff like clouding people's minds to appear to teleport around (when they're actually walking to a location in reality) is actually pretty quick and subtle as far as humans are concerned. Even humans with partial resistance to it (on the level of being unaffected by ordinary vampires) were susceptible to mind tricks by a master vampire like Jean Claude.

I have serious doubts about how well it works on non humans though. Plus, I'm not sure we have hard numbers on how far away it works and how long it holds. Could prove to be a useful advantage, at least, except that there are opponents here it probably won't work on.

Anita and Jean Claude could probably try some kind of mental mojo if they could make sufficient physical contact with their opponents, but again, that's unlikely to happen.
    Depends on how strong Anita's and Jean Claude's Mind control powers are. If they need actual physical contact to do it, that could be a problem for them. If that is their best weapon, then it's not going to be enough.

I am baffled by how you read Nathaniel's entry and thought of him as being "very powerful". o_O
    Shows how reading Wiki can't replace actually reading the book series. It did say he could help make Anita more powerful, though how that works I'm not sure.

Well, putting them against powerful Dresdenverse wizards is just pointless, that's for sure.

They don't really use combat magic, you see. ^^
    No combat magic? So they never get into fights with anyone or anything?

Winter Knight Dresden could, sure. WK Harry does stuff like outpace vampires, take hits that would leave a human with broken bones, take out vampire mages in one on one combat, and trivially cast spells that can wreck mobs of vampires.
    True, and we won't know the full extent of his new powers until Cold Days comes out. But Harry still needs backup to take out groups of competent opponents.

Regular Dresden isn't quite as fast, or as tough, or as quick at pulling out powerful spells, let alone spamming them, so that one would be trickier to judge, especially with Jean Claude trying to get into his mind.
    Harry's defenses against Mind Control are getting much better, but I doubt they are perfect. He has gone up against some heavyweights and come out with his own mind intact.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Valliant View Post
    Sanya And Michael alone could likely win this. Hell vampires catch fire occasionally just from touching Michael casually, an his sword is essentially excalibur with a true nail of the cross worked into it. Think a high level D&D paladin packing a better than most holy avenger. The dude killed a Dresdenverse Dragon.Sanya is similar except he also carries a submachine gun. Kindcad is a demon/human hybrid with very high end military equip as his standard load and a history of one shotting vampires during massive group fights. If you throw in the temple dog mouse you don't even need to add a main character to make this a stomp.
    Though not officially a Knight, Murphy also seemed to have gained some similar added benefits when she took up Fidelacchius.

How fast are Blake and company? That could be a factor as well.

Depends on how strong Anita's and Jean Claude's Mind control powers are. If they need actual physical contact to do it, that could be a problem for them. If that is their best weapon, then it's not going to be enough.
    They don't really have mind control powers (well, Jean Claude obviously does, but I've already mentioned the unlikelihood of that working on non-humans). They're succubi, so they have some measure of power if they can touch you.

But yeah, very iffy. Especially since the Arduer isn't always terribly specific in it's effect.

Oh, and the fact that the other side is used to dealing with succubi is a factor too. An important one.

Shows how reading Wiki can't replace actually reading the book series. It did say he could help make Anita more powerful, though how that works I'm not sure.
    Pretty much, yeah. :)

But I was thinking more along the lines of Nathaniel's best feats, even in his wiki entry, being "good housekeeping" than anything that would remotely make him a factor in a fight. ^^

As for how the powerup works, it means metaphysically more powerful, I think.

More like a "can raise more older/more powerful undead" or "have better psychic powers/resistances" type of powerup, not a "capable of putting out more powerful attacks" type of powerup that Dresdenverse magic involves.

Hardly surprising, since she couldn't exactly put out magical attacks like that in the first place, becoming more powerful isn't necessarily going to change that.

There are also the marks that Jean Claude gave Anita to make her his vampire servant, and while that did increase her stats and mental resistances somewhat, it wasn't by much.

No combat magic? So they never get into fights with anyone or anything?
    Who? Magic users? They tend to be more along the lines of ritualists and the like, not combat mages that the wizards in Dresdenverse are. They're not terribly great at combat, no.

...actually, the entire series is filled with characters that aren't particularly suited to violence or combat. Yes, this includes preturnatural creatures like vampires and lycanthropes. See Nathaniel for an example.

True, and we won't know the full extent of his new powers until Cold Days comes out. But Harry still needs backup to take out groups of competent opponents.
    Shouldn't be long now, that. :)

But yeah. regular Harry needs a little time to take out groups of opponents. Due to a starting distance of 100 feet, he might actually get that time, of course.

Harry's defenses against Mind Control are getting much better, but I doubt they are perfect. He has gone up against some heavyweights and come out with his own mind intact.
    I can't really remember any instances of him bouncing someone with real mind control, but there are loads of instances of him displaying sufficient willpower to overthrow minor attempts.
    Last edited by Sol M; 11-04-2012 at 06:57 AM.

Though not officially a Knight, Murphy also seemed to have gained some similar added benefits when she took up Fidelacchius.

How fast are Blake and company? That could be a factor as well.
    Not particularly fast. The nebulous "quicker than normal humans but slower than comic book peak humans" territory. The other side is in that territory as well, and in some cases, come close to actually being at or possibly even exceeding comic book peak human.

As far as raising the dead goes, has Anita done anything that can match Dresden's Zombie T-Rex?

This is quite the stomp. At the bell, Dresden incinerates a good part of the Blake team with Fuego. Dresden and team have fought vampires before that are fiercer than Blake vampires. Also, at the bell, except for Anita, there is quite a lot of gun fire going down range.

The remainders of the Blake team can't stand against the swords.

The Blake folk have little in quick distance attacks. So stomp!

As far as raising the dead goes, has Anita done anything that can match Dresden's Zombie T-Rex?
    Nope.

Anita being able to raise and control vampires is considered a pretty big deal in her universe.