Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hercules (marvel) vs. Thor (marvel) with a twist

no hammer or mace,both are bloodlusted. H2H only,Thor is in warrior madness mode.
    www.kavalsorcery.com Sorcery to help your life.

Ok so I am assuming you took away their weapons to make this more of an even fight, but then you went and put Thor into WM mode..so Thor wins. I mean Thor would of still won without that though(unless you make them equal in speed).

Even with equal speed and without WM I would probably still favor Thor since he seems to have the better high end strength and durability feats.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-03-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Herc is usually on even keel with Thor, unless he got some recent power-ups I'm unaware of.

But Warrior Madness Thor's strength is, what, doubled?

So yeah, Thor beats Herc up.

ok but here is where I am a bit ignorant on the subject. Hasn't Hercules displayed Strength greater than Thor at times? That is why I put the Warrior Madness mode to see if it would be more equalized or has Herc never displayed stronger feats than Thor?
    www.kavalsorcery.com Sorcery to help your life.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by KavalSorcery View Post
    Hasn't Hercules displayed Strength greater than Thor at times?
    Never heard about it.

There's Hercules lifting the sky, but it only seems to exist to remind that he's a myth character and has nothing to do with the fact there's a group of Class 100 beings he can brawl with. Thor being one.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Ok so I am assuming you took away their weapons to make this more of an even fight
    Unless Kaval did speedforce edit, did you only read the title? It's right there in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by HectorP View Post
    Unless Kaval did speedforce edit, did you only read the title? It's right there in the OP.
    No I read the OP. It says no weapons and h2h with bloodlust. Sounds exactly like I said, trying to make it a more even fight by taking away Thor's plot device weapon, but the WM makes it moot.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Veteran Member

So what's the point of saying you're assuming something the OP stipulated anyway? It's redundant.

So what's the point of saying you're assuming something the OP stipulated anyway? It's redundant.
    He never says why he did what he did in his post, which is why I lead my statement with "Ok I"m assuming".

Though it's not as if there is much more of a point in you pointing out it is redundant so I'm not sure what it is you're trying to say.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    He never says why he did what he did in his post, which is why I lead my statement with "Ok I"m assuming".

Though it's not as if there is much more of a point in you pointing out it is redundant so I'm not sure what it is you're trying to say.
    There's no point to you questioning my intent up to now either, is it? Especially when your question was already answered by the OP in his second post here.

And it's that it read funny to me, though now I see what you were getting at, I missed it the first time.

There's no point to you questioning my intent up to now either, is it? Especially when your question was already answered by the OP in his second post here.

And it's that it read funny to me, though now I see what you were getting at, I missed it the first time.
    Basically what I was saying was "if you were attempting to make this more even by taking away weapons, WM makes that twist moot" though I probably didn't word it quite as well as I should of.

Also keep in mind I made my first reply before the 2nd comment from the OP.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-03-2012 at 11:15 AM.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

They are probably about equal in strength, but Thor has much better speed and much higher durability feats. Now, add in the "makes me 10 times as strong" Warrior's Madness. This is a really, really massive stomp.

If you speed equalize and take away WM, it's likely close, but Thor still has a durability edge, and he can fly without the hammer to boot.

Are they really equal? I know they've arm wrestled before, but whenever you hear strength feats for Herc it is like towing Manhattan. Which is of course fine Class 100 stuff, but doesn't exactly compare to lifting the Midgard Serpent.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

OK, by feats, Thor's high-ends are somewhat better than Herc's. So yeah, I guess he probably outclasses Herc there as well.

Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar

Herc and Thor have tied in arm wrestling. I think that overrides the feats deficit, even by board standards. Also, Herc has whooped Thor hand to hand by virtue of superior skill. Obviously this overlooked Thor's speed, but so do most writers, so meh.

(Thor came back and won by calling down lightning. "My arms stretch all the way to the sky. What a bitch.)

So if with no warrior madness, and no speed difference, and no other powers involved, I am actually gonna go with how it went down in the comic.

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KavalSorcery View Post
    no hammer or mace,both are bloodlusted. H2H only,Thor is in warrior madness mode.
    I recently read the first "Warrior Madness" story which I found kind of amusing since, in real life, the Vikings rather revered berserkers, which is basically what WM is.

Anyway, even eliminating lightning by making it hth, Thor is too fast going with high-end feats and the WM on top of it. Normal Thor with speeds equal (which would be the norm in their fights) would be a much closer fight and one Hercules might win.