Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

I really had another terrific Saturday reading Grant Morrison's Superman, and I can't believe the end is near.

Read the first story twice, love the idea weirdness of the whole idea, Vndctvx's hand, wow! I hope we see the 5th dimension.

The back up knocked me out. I wonder how they coordinate the storytelling. Fisch's backups do such a nice job of slowing down the story and making the title feel human.

I know he's wearing the armor, but when I read it, I still see T Shirt Supes, so I am going to miss Morales.

My next new Superman fix is coming out with Lobdell's Supes, so right now, it's great to be a Superman fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    It's the only answer. I mean the whole issue was about the laws of physics and quantum dynamics. The whole space = vacuum = silence thing means he waited for the signal to get here like everyone else.

Yes...and I agree with that.....what I said was that in the comics most of the the normal people probably just think Superman can hear anything anywhere.

Vindictive Ex just makes me laugh.

Thats a frame for the Devil I haven't seen Morrison pull, yet, or DC in general. It's a goodie.

Has good crowleyian gematrial value, too, which Morrison's seemed to use functionally before. Abstruction, Astron, Argon...

Argon and krypton have a bit of history, specifically with use in insulation. Argon is right above krypton on the periodic table's traditional layout (but its number his half that of krypton). Astron Argon was the order Crowley founded and has to do, on a base level, with higher geometrical expressions that manifest as three-dimensional us.

Also, Ankh-f-n-khonsu. The name translates as "he who traverses" or "crosses over." A stele of Ankh-f-n-khonsu has been loosely translated (read: intentionally stretched to say): "he has left the multitudes and rejoined those who are in the light, he has opened the dwelling place of the stars; now then, the deceased, Ankh-af-na-khonsu has gone forth by day in order to do everything that pleased him upon earth, among the living."
    Last edited by T Hedge Coke; 11-14-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Y'all are just calling him "Vindictive"? Am I the only one doing "Vindictive Ex"?

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Y'all are just calling him "Vindictive"? Am I the only one doing "Vindictive Ex"?
    I'm calling him Vin. Nicknames are good for characters with longish names. Like I call Swamp Thing Swampy and Animal Man A-Man. Saves a few seconds and why not, nicknames are fun to make up :P

Superman's ultimate enemy: Vinny.

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Superman's ultimate enemy: Vinny.
    Haha, priceless.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    and Animal Man A-Man.
    That sounds vaguely insulting...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

I keep coming back to this thread with new stuff, only to see some guy in here has said it

what's up T Hedge Coke!

yeah I'm calling him Vinnie, or Vex
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

So, Superman was able to unify gravity and electromagnitism. I really would like to see him write this down and publish in an article, the scientists would go crazy. I would be nice to see him use his genius for this kind of things, too. But I doubt this will happen: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...hardsIsUseless
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. You’re under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

C'mon... Neil deGrasse Tyson... C'mon... How is that not great? C'mon...