Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

I liked everything about the issue. Very quinessential Superman like stuff here. Only thing I dont like is still Rags drawing Superman like he's Superboy half the time.

Other than that everything is nailed to the last detail, good job Grant.

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    Nailed it.
    Thanks, Retro!
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    "Djinn aren't inherently evil. But what if one were?"
    One was (or, rather, became so) - Iblis - and others followed.

Best to leave that to one side, though

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Morrison kicked it off with his JLA, when he revealed the genie in Johnny Thunder's pen was, in fact, a 5D imp. Compare that to your typical genie, stuck in a lamp. The idea is that the 5D imp is bound to our world through liquid - ink in a pen or oil in a lamp.
    Does that make the ring-bound ones atypical?

The next issue is Superman at the end of the world. I daresay the end of the world will be cancelled until further notice.
    Didn't he say something like that when he absorbed the anti-sun in World War III?

I'm loving all this discussion about Morrison's Action run. Really enjoyed the latest issue. This arc with the Multitude really seems to drive home the idea that Superman truly is the ultimate force for good. I really loved Superman's attitude of "we'll just have to do the impossible". It's so matter of fact.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher-Z View Post
    I liked everything about the issue. Very quinessential Superman like stuff here. Only thing I dont like is still Rags drawing Superman like he's Superboy half the time.

I think Rags was probably worse than ever here. That epic shot from the preview is right across from a close up with Clark looking like he just had a stroke. Reminds me of whoever did art for Losin' It back in Superboy. Pretty sure that whole Metalek punch sequence was botched.

And I happened to expect a lot more from Sprouse.

Am I forgetting Superman meeting this imp, because he recognizes him and calls him by name.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    it sounds like he was more Doctor Who than Superman in this issue.
    He wasn't as funny as The Doctor, but he did do a lot more punching of giant space monsters.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Infâme et fier de l'ętre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Am I forgetting Superman meeting this imp, because he recognizes him and calls him by name.

He wasn't as funny as The Doctor, but he did do a lot more punching of giant space monsters.
    No what he says is (more or less) "You're Vindictiv, aren't you?".
    They never met, but Mrs Nxly warned him about the Little Man and told him who he was and what he wanted (mostly).
    Notice how he has a mild case of "ho f......." when he realises who he's talking to.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Scott Lobdell was the only one that wrote her as a kick butt fighter.
    So that canon doesn't count, then? How many writers in how many books have to write a character a certain way for it matter, according to you?

Infâme et fier de l'ętre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    So that canon doesn't count, then? How many writers in how many books have to write a character a certain way for it matter, according to you?
    Does Superman even know she was a kick ass fighter (or, to be more precise, did he know before he traveled back in time to witness her fight, after the "H'el" crossover)?
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Why does everything have to be an arc? It's nice to know that every month I could tell someone to pick up Action and they won't be 4 issues behind in a 9 month arc. (With 8 crossovers in other titles.) And #13 is the best single issue of DC since the "reboot".

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Noticed the new inker, too. Rags' art looked much better in this issue.

Also, Quinnhop, great posts. They shed a whole new light on this issue.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher-Z View Post

Yeah, that bugs me too. It looks fine when he's supposed to be in his early 20s and wearing jeans and a t-shirt but scrawny, teen Superman doesn't look good in the Kryptonian armor.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Does that make the ring-bound ones atypical?

Didn't he say something like that when he absorbed the anti-sun in World War III?
    He sure did! Was hoping someone woud get the reference!
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Why does everything have to be an arc? It's nice to know that every month I could tell someone to pick up Action and they won't be 4 issues behind in a 9 month arc. (With 8 crossovers in other titles.) And #13 is the best single issue of DC since the "reboot".
    Action #13 was really one for the ages, wasn't it? Loved that ish. This one was kind of a disappointment for me, but I think alot of that was because the bar was so high after last issue.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.