Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Well going off a lot of the interview with Grant and the other Superman writers (Andy in particular) they all say that Action Comics jumps to the present right after issue #13 (which was only a year in the past).

Now I could be wrong about all of this and a few writers might need to get their fact right but that's what I heard (watch Andy's comic con interviews and the panel stuff).

I think it makes a lot of sense to not show what happened right after the talk with Mrs. N in issue #12 because the identity of the Little Man (we know his name and some motive (some) but nothing else really) is going to be revealed in issue #15 "with grave consequences". That also looks like it will be a flash back issue so we can handle all of the Mrs. N stuff there.

I just think #12 was just there to let Clark get ready for the coming storm in the years to come. Sort of like how he was basically planing out how to beat Lex in the year that All Star Superman happened.....that big reveal moment where you see that Superman is a step ahead of you. I think this issue is just setting up the battle grounds.

But again I could be wrong (check the comic con videos)

Edit: Sorry I meant to say it jumps to the present right after #13 (which was only a year in the past)
    I never heard that at all. I thought that it hasn't gone into the present, and it won't until Morrison's run ends and Diggle's begins.

I thought superman has been in the present all along, with exception of action?
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    I never heard that at all. I thought that it hasn't gone into the present, and it won't until Morrison's run ends and Diggle's begins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLPTWrwmdjs

This is a link to one of Andy's interviews. At 1:00 to 1:12. He says that the last 3 issues take place in the present and they fill in the 5 year gap. Issue 14 seems like it takes place around the same time as the last 3.

Ah, no, he says the last 3 issues:

But let's wait and see what Wednesday reveals

Yup that's what I said. 14 is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    That's because it's the same villain. It's called Metalek.

Speaking of Metalek, there's something I'm not clear on. Does it always come in the form of mundane Earth construction vehicles or is it possessing them?
    The one disguised as the fireman...was some kind of mini-construction vehicle...

hmm...

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

I would think J'onn J'onzz would be in this issue since it relates to Mars. Would be nice to see him and Sups work together again and share some Oreo's after a hard fought victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I would think J'onn J'onzz would be in this issue since it relates to Mars. Would be nice to see him and Sups work together again and share some Oreo's after a hard fought victory.
    hmm...but is this issue after he (briefly) joined the League? Before he joins Stormwatch (I still prefer the idea that he's Superman and Batman's mole - I haven't read Stormwatch since issue 4, I think, so I'm out of the loop there (will try to catch up at the end of the month))? Some other time?

And if he's already on Mars, why isn't he stopping Metalek? hmm...

And if he's not...can he read human thoughts from that far away? (He's had some kind of telepathy upgrade in the reboot, hasn't he?

looks great, gonna actually miss morrison

The art looks much better to me with this new inker.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    The art looks much better to me with this new inker.
    Yeah, I was trying to figure out why this looks so much better than it usually does. Damn, what a difference.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor
    IDW: Transformers: Robots in Disguise

A really good preview, can't wait for Wednesday!
    - Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
    Winston Churchill

Read the issue. Few key points

-The multitude may look like angels, until you look at their faces up close.
    -The multitude are "defeated" in this issue. By being sent back to the fifth dimension.
    -Identity and true form of the Little Man revealed.

Fifth Dimension? The multitude are imps?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Fifth Dimension? The multitude are imps?
    Not having read the issue, I'm imagining that the multitude is a representation of one Imp. As a being of 5 dimensions entering a 3 dimensional plane might look to be coming from everywhere at once, infinitely faceted.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/