Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

As childish as some of you may think it, I can't help finding the 'Little Man on Mars' bit to be hilarious.

Sorry.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*ahem*

I still don't like the way Rags Morales draws the suit. He draws t-shirt and jeans Superman fine, though.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

I agree with that although the suit okay in the preview.You have to remember though supes new 52 costume is a bit dificult for artists to pull off.Very few suceed.
    Ireally wish theyd uncomplicate the suit and loose the reaking collar.Also rags has to learn to stop drawing the suit so rubbery

Quote Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
    GREAT IDEA.I was wondering how Morrison was gonna compress the remaining 5 years into 3 issues but I can see it now.
    Really enjoying Morrisons run.Hope when the new animated series comes out it looks to Morrisons run for inspiration.

Thank you! I think it would just be amazing if they did an animated show using the Max Fleschier style of animation for the T shirt and jeans Superman. Like an almost complete homage to the old Fleschier style.

Then when you get to the middle of the the "5 year gap" you switch the animation to the old 60's and 70's style of animation with the really simple lines and Hanna Harbera super friends style. This is the new 52 Superman's silver age.

The fast forward to the present and use their (WB entertainment) new animation style developed for this new show.

-Past Max Fleschier style of animation using the T shirt and jeans Superman. Golden age

-middle 5 years Hanna Harbera super friends style animation. Silver age

-present new animation for the show. the now.

All of these would be under the umbrella and loose continuity of the new 52. So even in the Hanna Harbera super friends style Superman would be dressed in his new suit. The whole show could be like a Batman brave and the bold style Super-homage to all that is Superman. They could jump around time so we would see all the animations every few weeks and they could do small arcs with each setting.

Lol but back on topic: If you look at the description for the next issue of Action comics after this it says that Superman's "trial" will be held at the end of time so that could be a very good place to have flash backs.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Default All (googly) eyes on me

Man, that last page is sweet as hell. Interesting that at this point, Mars is already at arm's length for him.

Yep. That's cool. Solid writing, solid artwork. Good stuff. The Superman on the cover looks a bit weird ... but looks very awesome on the title page.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    Interesting that at this point, Mars is already at arm's length for him.

This is actually during the present so I think it lines up pretty well with Superman #13

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Default where is post-coital Jimmy in that apartment scene?

When did Action switch to the "present"? It looks like it picks up from Action #12 which definitely was not.

I don't think it does pick up from #12. At least there's nothing in the preview to me that necessarily suggests it. #13 was in the present so I'm just assuming now the rest of the run takes place in the present as well. That the culmination of the Little Man's designs have been five years in the making.

Well going off a lot of the interview with Grant and the other Superman writers (Andy in particular) they all say that Action Comics jumps to the present right after issue #13 (which was only a year in the past).

Now I could be wrong about all of this and a few writers might need to get their fact right but that's what I heard (watch Andy's comic con interviews and the panel stuff).

I think it makes a lot of sense to not show what happened right after the talk with Mrs. N in issue #12 because the identity of the Little Man (we know his name and some motive (some) but nothing else really) is going to be revealed in issue #15 "with grave consequences". That also looks like it will be a flash back issue so we can handle all of the Mrs. N stuff there.

I just think #12 was just there to let Clark get ready for the coming storm in the years to come. Sort of like how he was basically planing out how to beat Lex in the year that All Star Superman happened.....that big reveal moment where you see that Superman is a step ahead of you. I think this issue is just setting up the battle grounds.

But again I could be wrong (check the comic con videos)

Edit: Sorry I meant to say it jumps to the present right after #13 (which was only a year in the past)
    Last edited by Superlad93; 11-04-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Looks awesome

Looks great. Also noticed that the construction vehicles say "Metalek" like the attacking machine from issue #11.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Looks great. Also noticed that the construction vehicles say "Metalek" like the attacking machine from issue #11.
    That's because it's the same villain. It's called Metalek.

Speaking of Metalek, there's something I'm not clear on. Does it always come in the form of mundane Earth construction vehicles or is it possessing them?
    Last edited by Last Son; 11-04-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

BANNED

This is till my second favorite Superman run next to All-Star, even if it's been hit and miss.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Agreed on the Doctor Who reference. This is looking really awesome. I mean, Superman - on Earth - heard a woman speaking (not screaming) ON FREAKIN' MARS.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.