Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Action Comics 14 Preview / Discussion (Spoilers)

http://www.maxim.com/comics/exclusiv...tion-comics-14

Now THAT'S more like it. Preview looks great, this issue looks like a follow-up from the earlier Brainiac / Collector arc. For as inconsistent and tardy as Rags Morales is, when he's on, his art really does work with Morrison's scripts...he has this classic Americana style that complements what I think Morrison is trying to do. I was losing interest in Action fast, but now I'm very much looking forward to reading this on Wednesday.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

This reminds me a lot of Doctor Who...or at least it has that feel (not really a bad thing), but regardless I'm very much looking forward to this!

........So we as humans have been to and slightly colonized (or it's a research facility) mars in the DCU? Very cool! Also I love how everyone (the adults) but the child has worry in their face when they see Superman.......the kids know what's up.

Great preview.Was a bit skeptical on this issue when I saw the Angels on the cover.I mean Superman vs Angels on Mars?Then again this is Morrison lloks like he got a handle on the craziness.Love how Supes showed up in this issue-something about it screamed Fleschier.
    What I reallly want to see in this issue is some resolution to AC 12 cliffhanger.The one where Clarks landlady was about to reveal info about the little man and the fifth dimension.I hope to God we get it here.
    Im beginning to think Diggle is gonna be great replacement for Morrison.His Doc who experience shld help him here

Also I just realized that in Action comics #13 (a year from present time) Superman doesn't say "Brainiac do this....Brainiac do that" when he's talking to the FOS. It seems like he lost the Brainiac A.I. with the other FOS.

I actually feel like when Superman is "put on trial" by the Anti-Superman Army for his past "transgressions" (his heroic exploits) it will be like a compilation of clips from the missing 5 years using key moments (how he lost the old space FOS)

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Also I just realized that in Action comics #13 (a year from present time) Superman doesn't say "Brainiac do this....Brainiac do that" when he's talking to the FOS. It seems like he lost the Brainiac A.I. with the other FOS.

I actually feel like when Superman is "put on trial" by the Anti-Superman Army for his past "transgressions" (his heroic exploits) it will be like a compilation of clips from the missing 5 years using key moments (how he lost the old space FOS)
    GREAT IDEA.I was wondering how Morrison was gonna compress the remaining 5 years into 3 issues but I can see it now.
    Really enjoying Morrisons run.Hope when the new animated series comes out it looks to Morrisons run for inspiration.

AWESOME. Even Rags' art is good this time 'round.
    Can't wait for this and the H'El on Earth Crossover beginning this month.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Killer contruction machines from mars. Awe-some-sauce.
    Like the sci fi vibe, with colonists on Mars and all. That's what has been lacking in Superman for so long.
    So yeah, we really are now back to full power Superman, the one who can fly to mars in a matter of seconds. The whole "no one could have possibly hear us" right before he appears is classic, but always cool.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Killer contruction machines from mars. Awe-some-sauce.
    Like the sci fi vibe, with colonists on Mars and all. That's what has been lacking in Superman for so long.
    So yeah, we really are now back to full power Superman, the one who can fly to mars in a matter of seconds. The whole "no one could have possibly hear us" right before he appears is classic, but always cool.

I'd say minutes not seconds but that's still crazy fast if you're going to freaking MARS!! Also I really hope the never ever ever ever ever explain how Superman can hear with out any sound......it make him feel so wondrous like the only answer is "he's Superman" and I love that for things like this, and I hate when people try and pick little things like that apart.

I feel like the page with all the scared adults and the happy kid really summed it up for me.

Rags' art looks great on these few pages, it was good to give him two months to pull his art on this. Morrison continues to amaze me with this crazyness , I mean, Superman vs. the Multitude on Mars? And him hearing those people from a long distance? Excellent stuff, can't wait for this.

Also I really hope the never ever ever ever ever explain how Superman can hear with out any sound......it make him feel so wondrous like the only answer is "he's Superman" and I love that for things like this, and I hate when people try and pick little things like that apart.
    But...they did explain it. It's right there

Oh, and the Little Man's on Mars!

Also I really hope the never ever ever ever ever explain how Superman can hear with out any sound......it make him feel so wondrous like the only answer is "he's Superman" and I love that for things like this, and I hate when people try and pick little things like that apart.
    I don't see a problem. He didn't hear them per se, but the astronauts were sending a distress signal and Superman simply picked it up. Depending on how far is Mars from Earth at the moment, it should take 5 to 30 minutes to reach him and probably just as much for him to get there.

@Celestin

Exactly

That amazing... I my doubts but now I'm pumped for this issue Wednesday can't happen fast enough
    All stories are imaginary, so you get to decide what's important and what isn't. Continuity is fluid.

-Jeff Brady

Quoted for truth....

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    I don't see a problem. He didn't hear them per se, but the astronauts were sending a distress signal and Superman simply picked it up. Depending on how far is Mars from Earth at the moment, it should take 5 to 30 minutes to reach him and probably just as much for him to get there.
    You know you're more than likely right about that.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

This gonna be good!