Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Default Anyone miss Demogoblin?

Just asking out of curiousity but anyone miss the demonic goblin known as Demogoblin? I always liked his personality and design even though he was another goblin themed villain or semi-villain. He didn't have the crazy evilness of Osborn or the mercenary attitudes of the Hobgoblins but instead believed he was an agent for justice... except he saw everyone but children as being sinners.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

I remember thinking Demogoblin was pretty cool as a kid, but looking back he's a pretty flat character. Glad they did away with him.

As above, I thought Demogoblin was pretty awesome as a child, but looking back it's a bit hard to read him. I'm actually mildly surprised they didn't bring him back in the recent Carnage mini, considering the rest of the Maximum Carnage family was re-introduced.

As for bringing him back, I think that they've done a good job of building up Jack O' Lantern over in Venom as being a third "Goblin-type" without actually introducing a new goblin. He's unique enough that he doesn't just seem like a Green Goblin ripoff, but is definately recognizable as "Venom's Goblin".
    mod of r/TheDark, for news and discussion of The Dark line and related titles.

No.

10 char
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Not really, as he was sooooo a nineties character, and pretty overexposed, those two years he was his own goblin, five years, and a LOT more overexposure, if counting his half of the Hobgoblin.

Four degrees higher Cheesedique's Avatar

Demogoblin was never much of a character to me, in the same way that the six-armed Doppleganger Spidey had no real personality to me as a character.

I liked demonic Jason Macendale much better. His story in McFarlane's Spider-man book was probably the best story featuring demonic Hobby Macendale.

I thought Demogoblin possessed Hobgoblin was the most awesome thing ever when I was a kid, but Demogoblin himself less so. Nowadays I don't think I'd like him, unless he was in some crazy Max book or something.
    "No law against running around in colorful long johns is there? I mean if there was, they'd have thrown you in jail years ago! See you around, Petey-o!" - Harry Osborn

Elder Member

Ultimate Demogoblin is amazing. Can't say I really care for any other Demogoblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger of Apocalypse View Post
    Just asking out of curiousity but anyone miss the demonic goblin known as Demogoblin? I always liked his personality and design even though he was another goblin themed villain or semi-villain. He didn't have the crazy evilness of Osborn or the mercenary attitudes of the Hobgoblins but instead believed he was an agent for justice... except he saw everyone but children as being sinners.
    I do not know if I 'miss' him or anything, but I always thought he was a decent character. I liked his look more than other goblins, but in terms of personality he was obviously lacking,

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

I read Maximum Carnage decades ago, I thought he was cool. At least when I was a kid. He's like "X-TREME GOBLIN!" Like aren't even his speech bubbles done in, like, fire-style?

Marvel could bring him back and make him a better character.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

I thought he was really cool, but definitely was following the trend of making characters that looked like Venom. The Phil Urich Hobgoblin seems to be somewhat visually channeling the demon-possessed Hobgoblin.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

I'm sure Shriek misses him.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

I mainly remember Demogoblin as a pretty one note character who was little more than a cool visual. So I don't really miss him.

But if somebody can bring him back and do something interesting with him, then why not?

It always bugged me that he wasn't called DEMON-Goblin. Demo-goblin makes me imagine him going around handing out cassettes trying to plug his band or something.
    Life looks better in black and white.

No not really. Only time I ever seen him was in the Amazing spider-man comics and he barely left any impression at all with just another boring Green goblin and hobgoblin off shoot