Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is A+X an ongoing or a mini?

Is A+X an ongoing or a mini?
    Thanks!

It says that it's an ongoing. Issue 1 did not impress me. I love anthologies, just not like this.
    Hawkeye, X-Men Legacy, FF, Animal Man, Wonder Woman, Manhattan Projects, Fatale, East of West, Bedlam, Saga, Bandette, Nowhere Men

with writing like what I've seen, I pray it's a mini.

I wouldn't mind some stories featuring the MU and the X-Men working together that were actually, y'know, good and didn't feel more like they belonged in Marvel Adventures.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

Pretty sure like AvX: Vs. it is meant to be a mini that is supposed to last through the Marvel Now launch.

An ongoing. I haven't been reading it, but some of the team ups seem decent, both characters and creative teams.
    Marvel: Daredevil, Punisher, Uncanny Avengers, Wolverine & the X-Men, Cyclops, Hawkeye, Superior/Amazing Spider-Man (Trading for)
    Image: East of West, Lazarus, Jupiter's Legacy, Starlight

I can confirm its ongoing, and a darn good comic at that!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

It's always been stated as an ongoing. Why are people confused by this?

How are people not liking this? Two fun 'done in one' stories for four bucks? What's not to like about this?

I was initially just going to pick and choose based on who's in it, but I enjoyed reading the Wolverine and Hulk cake story (two characters I'm no huge fan of). If they deliver this calibur of entertainment every issue, I'm on board.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    How are people not liking this? Two fun 'done in one' stories for four bucks? What's not to like about this?

I was initially just going to pick and choose based on who's in it, but I enjoyed reading the Wolverine and Hulk cake story (two characters I'm no huge fan of). If they deliver this calibur of entertainment every issue, I'm on board.
    I'll agree to this. Though I do like Hulk, but Wolvie is not a character I enjoy at all... but that story was fun and intriguing. I also like the Cap/Cable team-up.

The only thing I didn't like was the comment on the recap page for us to not worry about continuity... sorry, continuity is a big part of what I love about the MU, and if they don't care about it, why should I continue to buy thier books? Not that it applies to these stories all that much though.

I'm all for fun comics and all but I'd rather get a cheaper, more substantive, and well crafted comic like Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Daredevil, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    The only thing I didn't like was the comment on the recap page for us to not worry about continuity... sorry, continuity is a big part of what I love about the MU, and if they don't care about it, why should I continue to buy thier books? Not that it applies to these stories all that much though.
    I didn't notice that. I think it's niether here nor there with these stories though. You can toss them into your personal continuity anywhere, as they don't seem intent on contradicting anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
    I'm all for fun comics and all but I can get a cheaper, more substantive, and well crafted comic like Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Daredevil, etc.
    I dunno. I don't find four dollars to be all that much for comics. Here in Canada, we were paying that much and more for years before the dollar gained some ground. I suppose it smarts down south, but it's no skin off my back. Three dollar comics seem like an absolute steal to me, with four dollars seeming about right.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

I dunno. I don't find four dollars to be all that much for comics. Here in Canada, we were paying that much and more for years before the dollar gained some ground. I suppose it smarts down south, but it's no skin off my back. Three dollar comics seem like an absolute steal to me, with four dollars seeming about right.
    Well yeah you guys (sweet Canada!) have been paying more than us for comics although I'm not sure how it compares nowadays.

But I dunno, I just see a lot better options out there compared to a "fluff" book like this especially if you compare it to potentially good and cheaper Marvel Now! books like Young Avengers, FF, Fantastic Four, Dark Avengers, etc., plus I don't think the value is there for 10 pages per story that you may or may not like.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Kamui View Post
    It's always been stated as an ongoing. Why are people confused by this?
    Because it seems limited and tied to a past event. Those things usually mean short life and thus mini. I only discovered it was ongoing today. It was quite surprising. I'd assumed it was a mini of 5 or so issues.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

I didn't notice that. I think it's niether here nor there with these stories though. You can toss them into your personal continuity anywhere, as they don't seem intent on contradicting anything.
    Yeah, I realize that, but it still annoys me that that is their attitude towards. Continuity.

That is how I feel too. As Canadians we paid more for years, but then the price went parity a few years back (my LCS did it or a year or two before the comic companies did), and we got ome pretty good savings. Now the price on many books is back up to what it was before, so I can't complain. Sure, I'd love it cheaper, but I can deal.

Can't agree more. Theres no massive stories, just a 'lil fun read.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”