Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who helped Charles Xavier

through retellings, rectons, and back stories How many people really did help charles Xavier start the X-men, who helped him locate mutants, who helped him build the school, danger room, tech, etc. who gave him the idea to help mutants?

Xavier did most of it himself - the mansion belonged to his family, left to him after his parents early deaths (X-Men #12). He enrolled at Oxford and started his doctorate in genetics, studying under Mister Sinister (by implication - a UK based geneticist whose mind Xavier can't read could hardly be anyone else) and romancing colleague Moira Kinross, but his studies were interrupted by the Korean War.

After leaving the service, he found that Moira had taken back up with ex-lover Joe MacTaggart (Uncanny X-Men #389), so he began traveling the world. In Cairo he dueled Amahl Farouk (aka the Shadow King), which steeled his resolve to protect humans from evil mutants and promote integration (Uncanny X-Men #117). In Haifa, he met Magneto and Gabrielle Haller at a mental hospital where he was an orderly and she was a patient. Magneto and Xavier fought Wolfgang von Strucker, leaving Magneto in possession of the Nazi's cold cache (Uncanny X-Men #161). Xavier left Haller pregnant with his son David (aka Legion) (New Mutants #1), and ended his travels in Tibet where he lost the use of his legs in a battle with the alien Lucifer (X-Men #20).

The MacTaggarts' relationship ended when Joe assaulted Moira. He moved to Edinburgh and became an MP, she moved in to her laboratory on Muir Island with their son Kevin (aka Proteus) (Uncanny X-Men #127).

Magneto took up with a woman named Isabelle and worked for the U.S. Government for a while, hunting Nazi war criminals. A serious difference of opinion led to Isabelle's death at the hands of Magneto's CIA contact, whereupon Magneto finally resolved that he could never coexist with humans. (Classic X-Men 19). He then recruited Pietro and Wanda Maximoff to his cause and built Asteroid M (X-Men #-1).

Xavier designed Cerebro himself while recovering from his injuries in Bombay with his nurse Amelia Voght, then returned to his estate in Westchester to finish his doctorate at Columbia (Uncanny X-Men #309). He became Jean's therapist (Bizarre Adventures #27). Fred Duncan of the FBI assisted Xavier in locating Scott Summers, who has run away from the orphanage in Nebraska (X-Men #38-42). Voght left, anticipating the coming conflict between Xavier and Magneto and wanting to keep a low profile.

The original danger room was of Xavier's own design (X-Men Legacy #208). The high-tech holographic version that debuted in New Mutants vol. 1 #1 and eventually became Danger was built using Shi'ar tech supplied by Xavier's lover, Lilandra Neramani.
    Last edited by ril; 11-03-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ril View Post
    Xavier did most of it himself - the mansion belonged to his family, left to him after his parents early deaths (X-Men #12). He enrolled at Oxford and started his doctorate in genetics, studying under Mister Sinister (by implication - a UK based geneticist whose mind Xavier can't read could hardly be anyone else) and romancing colleague Moira Kinross, but his studies were interrupted by the Korean War.

After leaving the service, he found that Moira had taken back up with ex-lover Joe MacTaggart (Uncanny X-Men #389), so he began traveling the world. In Cairo he dueled Amahl Farouk (aka the Shadow King), which steeled his resolve to protect humans from evil mutants and promote integration (Uncanny X-Men #117). In Haifa, he met Magneto and Gabrielle Haller at a mental hospital where he was an orderly and she was a patient. Magneto and Xavier fought Wolfgang von Strucker, leaving Magneto in possession of the Nazi's cold cache (Uncanny X-Men #161). Xavier left Haller pregnant with his son David (aka Legion) (New Mutants #1), and ended his travels in Tibet where he lost the use of his legs in a battle with the alien Lucifer (X-Men #20).

The MacTaggarts' relationship ended when Joe assaulted Moira. He moved to Edinburgh and became an MP, she moved in to her laboratory on Muir Island with their son Kevin (aka Proteus) (Uncanny X-Men #127).

Magneto took up with a woman named Isabelle and worked for the U.S. Government for a while, hunting Nazi war criminals. A serious difference of opinion led to Isabelle's death at the hands of Magneto's CIA contact, whereupon Magneto finally resolved that he could never coexist with humans. (Classic X-Men 19). He then recruited Pietro and Wanda Maximoff to his cause and built Asteroid M (X-Men #-1).

Xavier designed Cerebro himself while recovering from his injuries in Bombay with his nurse Amelia Voght, then returned to his estate in Westchester to finish his doctorate at Columbia (Uncanny X-Men #309). He became Jean's therapist (Bizarre Adventures #27). Fred Duncan of the FBI assisted Xavier in locating Scott Summers, who has run away from the orphanage in Nebraska (X-Men #38-42). Voght left, anticipating the coming conflict between Xavier and Magneto and wanting to keep a low profile.

The original danger room was of Xavier's own design (X-Men Legacy #208). The high-tech holographic version that debuted in New Mutants vol. 1 #1 and eventually became Danger was built using Shi'ar tech supplied by Xavier's lover, Lilandra Neramani.
    through retcon and stuff like that your all kinds of off

Quote Originally Posted by GambitXRemy View Post
    through retcon and stuff like that your all kinds of off
    Aw 'ya beat me to it.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

BANNED

Amelia and Moira did everything.

The first X-men "stupid Retcon" in it wolverine gives charles the speech that he should help and lead mutants

Cable helps build the mansion and his some what a student to xavier

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/issues...p?fldAuto=3902

Cable runs through a tunnel underneath the school. He remembers the first meeting he and Xavier had together. Nathan looked at the mansion, a place so old and yet so well maintained. Nathan had come from a future where nothing old is allowed to stand, nothing beautiful from the past was allowed to remain. And Nathan was entranced by the beauty of the mansion, with every arch and eaves and gable. “This building,” Nathan said, “it’s beautiful.” “Beautiful, yes,” Xavier replied. “But I want to make it better. I want to make it like nothing the world has seen.” “I can help you, Charles,” Nathan told Xavier. “I can give you science the world won’t see for two millennia.”

Cable stops by a computer and after pressing some buttons, accesses the ventilating system. He continues to remember how, in exchange for his help, Xavier taught Nathan how to live in a past he could never have hoped to grasp otherwise. Xavier taught Nathan philosophy and Shakespeare and beer. But Nathan was also a man. He wishes he could only have been more truthful with Xavier, about who he really was, and things might have gone differently. In this place. In this hallowed place. Where Nathan’s kind first met and gathered. Where his father grew to be a man.
    The theres Moira who was a silent partner with charles from the beginning
    Last edited by GambitXRemy; 11-03-2012 at 07:22 AM.

I'm entirely too turned-on by that image of Nightcrawler in a singlet.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Amelia and Moira did everything.
    what did amelia do?? did she want nothing to do with the x-men

Quote Originally Posted by GambitXRemy View Post
    what did amelia do?? did she want nothing to do with the x-men
    As far as I know, she left Charley when he chose the X-Men over her.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    As far as I know, she left Charley when he chose the X-Men over her.
    her story is pretty much this, she cared for Xavier when he got hurt, thrn F*ck him and the slapped him

BANNED

moira, what a gal. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    moira, what a gal. RIP
    I miss her too.... she was like the women version of xavier now she should of been in Uncanny avengers

First X-men is a glorified fan fiction!

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    moira, what a gal. RIP
    She made professor x look like less than asshole

Quote Originally Posted by x-men_always_win View Post
    First X-men is a glorified fan fiction!
    omg!! im getting the issues but its really bad and it so F*cks up canon,,,, the first x-men made me want to go look up that past before the x-men and first class doesnt fit at all and i was surprised to find out about cables place