Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    It's clearly editorial, I don't know why you are taking this out on the writer. Marvel obviously wants to start easing off on the dead means dead rule in the Ultimate Universe.
    1. He should know who died in the event that killed a bunch of people.
    2. I'm still buying all of his other books.

If people wanna blame someone for continuity errors it's Mark Paniccia for always letting these things happen whetever it was Jeph Loeb, Mark Millar, Nick Spencer, Brian Bendis and Brian Wood.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I'm just really baffled on how this happens. Mr. Wood, I plan on continuing to buy all of your other books, but I had really expected more for this book. I really enjoyed this while it lasted.
    No hard feelings. People should always buy what they like, not what the think they need to or feel obligated to buy.

b

Seems a little harsh to drop an awesome book simply because a "less than minor character" is shown to be alive... Its not like he wrote Peter Parker into the story, wyo.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Seems a little harsh to drop an awesome book simply because a "less than minor character" is shown to be alive... Its not like he wrote Peter Parker into the story, wyo.
    I think it has something to do more with a lot of people dropping the Ultimates but he is still staying on. Someone had a good definition of someone that goes against popular opinion. Because why would anyone drop a book they like unless they really really hate it. I'm not dropping the Ultimates even though it is kind of mediocre but I might get it in trades. Dropping unless there is a lot of hatred or you don't have a lot of money is harsh because there are always other options.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post
    No hard feelings. People should always buy what they like, not what the think they need to or feel obligated to buy.

b
    Well, thank you for at least taking this with stride. Hopefully I'll come back one day.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I think it has something to do more with a lot of people dropping the Ultimates but he is still staying on. Someone had a good definition of someone that goes against popular opinion. Because why would anyone drop a book they like unless they really really hate it. I'm not dropping the Ultimates even though it is kind of mediocre but I might get it in trades. Dropping unless there is a lot of hatred or you don't have a lot of money is harsh because there are always other options.
    No. That has nothing to do with it. In fact, that never crossed my mind. I just do what I want.

Hi. So, it was actually me who msg'd Brian Wood on Twitter. I came across the board here as I went to check out those preview pages. I'm a bit shocked at the reaction regarding Psylocke possibly returning (maybe he'll change it now, although I hope not, obviously I'm a fan of her). See the thing is, if it was Cyclops or Logan, I could understand. But, we never saw Psylocke die. In fact, the last you see of her she is using Cerebro. Then we just see the random body at the end. That's why it doesn't bother me. They can just say she wasn't dead. "We got a pulse here!" hahah, whatever. My point is, if we saw her get decapitated or somethin' then fine, yeah, I'd call bull shit but otherwise, I say , hell yeah, bring her back. She's a boss character, with the right writer behind her. Personally, I think Mr Wood will either change it now or kill her off again, although, as I said, I hope he doesn't.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ed83 View Post
    Hi. So, it was actually me who msg'd Brian Wood on Twitter. I came across the board here as I went to check out those preview pages. I'm a bit shocked at the reaction regarding Psylocke possibly returning (maybe he'll change it now, although I hope not, obviously I'm a fan of her). See the thing is, if it was Cyclops or Logan, I could understand. But, we never saw Psylocke die. In fact, the last you see of her she is using Cerebro. Then we just see the random body at the end. That's why it doesn't bother me. They can just say she wasn't dead. "We got a pulse here!" hahah, whatever. My point is, if we saw her get decapitated or somethin' then fine, yeah, I'd call bull shit but otherwise, I say , hell yeah, bring her back. She's a boss character, with the right writer behind her. Personally, I think Mr Wood will either change it now or kill her off again, although, as I said, I hope he doesn't.
    We saw her corpse. She was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed83 View Post

Too late to change it, there's 3+ issues drawn since she appears. Also, ya know, I was told I can use her so I'll only change it if I'm instructed to. Work for hire comics, I may be behind the wheel right now but I am FAAAAR from being the boss.

My personal thought is once you all see to what extent she is actually part of the book, you'll care a hell of a lot less.

b

I guess we'll just see what happens...or not as the case may be, if you've dropped the book. My gut's telling me he'll probably fix it anyway, so she either stays dead and the name gets changed or she won't be name checked and then get killed.

@BrianWood. Hey mate, use her all you want! haha. I wanna see her come back. Unless of course you don't like her. Which is fair enough.

Elder Member

I guess the thing that is bugging me is not so much a resurrection, but that I don't understand how something like this happens. There's a list in Ultimatum #5, we see her corpse in Requiem, and unless this girl's name isn't Elizabeth Braddock (which if it's not then it's CLEARLY not the girl who died) there's no reason for the people in charge to mess this up. Back in 1999 Kevin Smith killed Mysterio in his run on Daredevil and then the next week's Spider-Man had him fighting Mysterio. Should it have happened? No, but those were two completely different teams working on those two books. This is one team and it frustrates me that this happens.

We saw her corpse. She was dead.
    You mean like we saw Norman's corpse in Death of a Goblin?
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    You mean like we saw Norman's corpse in Death of a Goblin?
    Death of a Goblin, not GoblinS. Besides, Norman is dead again so dead is still dead.

Death of a Goblin, not GoblinS. Besides, Norman is dead again so dead is still dead.
    A resurrection is still a resurrection. If someone died in real life, came back and died again, that would make us question what "dead" really is anymore. Just like with the Ultimate Universe, it should be something truly odd. Plus, Danvers did state that Norman did come back from the dead in the first issue of Death of Spider-Man. So, he did die but came back, but the fact he came back is waved off early on.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Death of a Goblin, not GoblinS.
    Ultimatum, not Death of a Psylocke.

A body on the ground is a body on the ground.

Besides, Norman is dead again so dead is still dead.
    Yet you didn't drop Ultimate Spider-man because of his return. But whatever, it seems that you're just going to be stubborn about it, despite this being only one of many instances of this happening. And it's clear that you don't want to address any questions about why this one is different or why it can't work for Psylocke, despite it working for Thor and other characters who have been canonically established to survive runins with death. That's your choice to make, obviously. But I don't see why you're treating this one different than any of the others. If you're going to draw a hard line like that, you should drop Ultimates as well, because Brian Braddock is still alive, and his name is on the exact same obituary page.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others