Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Green Griffin View Post
    not exactly ultimate x-men talk but considering you're going to write Stars Wars. How do you feel about the Disney deal?
    I have no opinion about the deal, but obviously I hope Dark Horse's 20-year relationship with Star Wars continues. I also quite like that George Lucas is donating so many billions of dollars to education.

b

There were several ultimatum deaths that left me wondering how they even happened and Psylocke was one of them. I mean she can switch bodies, Its been done. Longshot was another, lets be honest, given his power any explanation of how he actually lived and appeared to die is more likely than his dying. Wolverine's power was pretty much stated to be not dying in this universe rather than a healing factor in UWvH. Also, something was clearly intended with doctor strange's death.

So, I'm actually pretty happy with Psylocke being back, but i should say that I'm pretty indifferent to the dead means dead rule. As long as its a good story I'm fine.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
    There were several ultimatum deaths that left me wondering how they even happened and Psylocke was one of them. I mean she can switch bodies, Its been done. Longshot was another, lets be honest, given his power any explanation of how he actually lived and appeared to die is more likely than his dying. Wolverine's power was pretty much stated to be not dying in this universe rather than a healing factor in UWvH. Also, something was clearly intended with doctor strange's death.

So, I'm actually pretty happy with Psylocke being back, but i should say that I'm pretty indifferent to the dead means dead rule. As long as its a good story I'm fine.
    QFT.

Ultimatum had plenty of deaths that never even made sense in context, others including Nightcrwaler (and Beast and Dazzler by the fact that they were with him).
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    QFT.

Ultimatum had plenty of deaths that never even made sense in context, others including Nightcrwaler (and Beast and Dazzler by the fact that they were with him).
    How a teleporter drowns is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by refrax5 View Post
    How a teleporter drowns is beyond me.
    Even worse is that it's a teleporter that saw the wave coming.

BANNED

And on top of that, he's been known to dodge bullets. He's a quick little fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Whoa... Kitty sure matured huh? She looked so small and frail in Ultimate X and now she look like a fully fledged adult with adult sized boobs.
    I'd say she's 17. A lot of young girls have big boobs.

Perhaps we should just leave Wyokid to dislike the book. It's not hard to imagine posters getting a little annoyed when characters keep coming back when previously thought dead. It's happening more and more frequently and considering the passion of the posters always yelling 'Dead means dead!' on the Ultimate board, it's to be expected that some posters are going to complain. I suppose Wyo just had enough. Personally, I'm very happy Psylock's back on X-Men, but I simply do not see the point in arguing an opinion. There's no accuracy, no truth to be gained from participating in a subjective argument. It's just.. pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    And on top of that, he's been known to dodge bullets. He's a quick little fucker.

I'd say she's 17. A lot of young girls have big boobs.

Perhaps we should just leave Wyokid to dislike the book. It's not hard to imagine posters getting a little annoyed when characters keep coming back when previously thought dead. It's happening more and more frequently and considering the passion of the posters always yelling 'Dead means dead!' on the Ultimate board, it's to be expected that some posters are going to complain. I suppose Wyo just had enough. Personally, I'm very happy Psylock's back on X-Men, but I simply do not see the point in arguing an opinion. There's no accuracy, no truth to be gained from participating in a subjective argument. It's just.. pointless.
    We all know what we want and what we like.
    I for one have dropped the entire 616 X men line because what they've done there has essentially killed off my affection for the X franchise, but many posters genuinely love what they've done. To each their own...

And I'd like to see a lot of 'dead' characters come back in the Ultimate U!

Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post
    In my past, observing things like this for fifteen years, I've found it to be true that people who decide to jettison buying a book over a detail are generally ready to drop the book ANYWAY, and were just looking for a final straw, no matter how small. Or, just publicly stating they are dropping it is enough to make their point, and likely keep buying the book anyway if they truly like it. My point is - and I'm not trying to put words into anyone's mouth, I should add - my point is that we should just let it go. No sense arguing about it, since what it comes down to at the end of the day is whether the reader in question likes the book enough to buy it or not.

b
    seems all we're concerned about here is whether or not someone will spend their cash on your book. Not whether or not continuity in the story is maintained. Because its not important right?... I'd feel more comfortable knowing that IF she is resurrected, there is at least an explanation. Let's not all write it off as an "Editorial" mistake and then not do anything about in the end. It's these "minor" unexplained glitches that peeve me. It was one of my issues with the movie franchise too. Writers don't seem to research thoroughly enough or look into previous work done.

What I LOVED about the "stay dead" rule was that it brought a new challenge to writers, to use whoever is left alive to make a good story (whether or not those characters are popular or known). Its those stories I love most. Stories that feel refreshing even if a tad nostalgic at the same time. Just look at how the death of Parker opened up the door for Miles (lets not get into the 616-Ultimate no crossover rule that was abandoned). And if cyclops hadnt died, i bet these recent books would have been all about him, not kitty (although Kitty was "overkill" ). Alas, my only conflict is that indeed i LOVED ultimate Wolverine and Cyclops and part of me wants them back and think they could make some great stories!

But if you're gonna make these mistakes as a team (editors and writers and all) at least FIX it some way or the other. IMHO errors like these are not a non issue. It may just be fiction to you, but to some of us its a whole Universe that we share and despite how fantastic it can get, effort should at least be made to ensure some consistency in the continuity. retcon what needs be.

the original poster asked who we think are the mutants in the panel.. time to make my guesses
    - hmm.. maybe the lon haired dude is Psyloche incarnate. The resemblance is there. lol. That might make the girl we all think is Psyloche actually be husk ?? who knows lol .... But he also seems to remind me of someone I cant quite put my finger on it.

- The blue haired girl (another minor controversy) i think has been the one from the sewers who given about three names (if i recall correctly) "Mach 5" , "Purge" and i think her real name is "Nomi" ... given that Purge and Nomi, sounds like Surge and Nori, maybe she's the Ultimate (white ?) version of Surge. Since surge also has some super speed maybe that's where the Mach name came from?... Or maybe she's the blue haired version of Transonic ? lol who knows?

-One of them definitely looks like a young cannonball... *shrugs*

- The bald black guy is the telekenetic

-The redhead, thought it might be interesting if it was hope lol... Theresa Cassidy maybe? or Rhayne Sinclair?

- One girl definitely kinda looks like Magic (i'd love to see Colossus again)

i've got no more guesses to make on the rest

speaking of Rhane* Sinclair ... anyone else notice there was a werewolf girl in a circus in UXM called wolfsbane (who i think was killed) and then Rahne Sinclair appeared later as Ultimate Sasquatch ? ... the UU always keeps me guessing who's who

Quote Originally Posted by godlingU View Post
    speaking of Rhane* Sinclair ... anyone else notice there was a werewolf girl in a circus in UXM called wolfsbane (who i think was killed) and then Rahne Sinclair appeared later as Ultimate Sasquatch ? ... the UU always keeps me guessing who's who
    Yea I tend to point that one out when people like to talk about how dead is dead in the UU.

The Livewire

Mr Wood,

I wanted to let you know that I've actually jumped on the Ultimate X-men book, and enjoy what I've seen so far. Thank you for your work.

Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post
    Anyway, Psylocke is not a major character here. It's a stretch to even call her a minor character in this story I'm writing, so hopefully it won't impact any of your lives too much.

b
    I hope Psylocke stays in your book, Brian! I just added your book to my pull list!

It's finally out..... Love the book!... there's a lot of tension and i'm excited to see what happens next :D....
    As for Psylocke, it doesnt seem like she's as insignificant as Brian claimed... and I wouldnt want her to be either, considering she has a history with the UXM... I would think she would opt out of taking Nomi's side. She is (or is supposed to be) after all a grown woman who was an agent for the British Secret Intelligence Service. I dont really see her NOT taking sides with the original X-men. Neither do I her giving in to leadership by the 14 year old. If anything she would assume leadership even if she doesn't agree with Kitty. #JustSaying... It'd be interesting to see (if they do at all) how they explain her re-appearance and her decision to follow Nomi.