Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mesektet View Post
    What did Gillen do to be stuck with Land? His art completely takes you out of the story. I thought Marvel "listens to the fans" but you only ever hear bad things about him so why is he still getting work with them?
    Gilles gets the most out of "new Greg Land" than any other current writer. Check out their run on Uncanny X-Men. KG takes Land out of his comfort zone and makes him actually draw, and it looks good.
    Hawkeye, X-Men Legacy, FF, Animal Man, Wonder Woman, Manhattan Projects, Fatale, East of West, Bedlam, Saga, Bandette, Nowhere Men

Really enjoyed the previews for Indestructible Hulk and Iron Man. But Ultimate seriously needs to go the way of Spider-Girl and 2099. It had a good run for a while, but it's just painfully boring and pitifully bland. It's just too predictable and too cliched at this point. I'm convinced that the day Bendis decides to leave Ultimate is the day Ultimate dies.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    why are you not buying ironman any more
    Becasue , outside of Deadpool. I don't by villain centered books.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Ultimate seriously needs to go the way of Spider-Girl and 2099. It had a good run for a while, but it's just painfully boring and pitifully bland. It's just too predictable and too cliched at this point. I'm convinced that the day Bendis decides to leave Ultimate is the day Ultimate dies.

Wouldn't say it was predictable when Hickman was making me shit my pants every 3 weeks, but yeah its definitely become cliche now under Humphries and with Mary Sue Miles. I'm sure Ribic said something about him and Hickman being asked to make Cap the president and their answer was to leave the book.
    I support Danny LuVisi's Last Man Standing.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Becasue , outside of Deadpool. I don't by villain centered books.
    Please tell me Tony has done something bad recently and you're not just hung up on Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Deluge View Post
    Wouldn't say it was predictable when Hickman was making me shit my pants every 3 weeks, but yeah its definitely become cliche now under Humphries and with Mary Sue Miles. I'm sure Ribic said something about him and Hickman being asked to make Cap the president and their answer was to leave the book.
    Where did you hear that? It would be interesting if it were true. If Ultimate is basically getting to the point where editors aren't seeing eye-to-eye with writers, that's a bad sign. I've worked in publishing. I know that when an editor starts driving away writers, that's a sign of much bigger problems.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Where did you hear that? It would be interesting if it were true. If Ultimate is basically getting to the point where editors aren't seeing eye-to-eye with writers, that's a bad sign. I've worked in publishing. I know that when an editor starts driving away writers, that's a sign of much bigger problems.
    I loved Hickman's Ultimates, but, truth to be told, that universe was murdered by Ultimatum, which I think it was honestly the worst idea in the history of Marvel. Yes, worse than Heroes Reborn, because at least they recovered from that easily- it was all out of continuity.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

On Vacation

Really enjoyed the previews for Indestructible Hulk and Iron Man. But Ultimate seriously needs to go the way of Spider-Girl and 2099. It had a good run for a while, but it's just painfully boring and pitifully bland. It's just too predictable and too cliched at this point. I'm convinced that the day Bendis decides to leave Ultimate is the day Ultimate dies.
    Actually I think you may be right. Though I know for certain Bendis will never leave Ultimate Spider-Man. But Humphries is the guy that will probably bring down the UU. Even with Brian Woods awesome comic it's making average money. Same as Hickman's Ultimates. Both have awesome writing but not a lot of people are reading them. So if one fails the others can't make up for it. And then this will transfer to the 616. I can bet you Uncanny X-Force is going to be one of the first Marvel Now books that will be cancelled. How are people even excited about Humphries writing X-Force. Mob mantality I guess. Stupid people. And I can't trust Hickman because of the awful ending he and Humphries gave to the Ultimates. And yet people are excited for Hickman's Avengers. Mob mantality again. Hell we can even see this in Bendis. For some reason people are really excited for All-new x-Men when I can say for a fact in a couple years from now people are going to go back to hating Bendis. If the Ultimate Universe fails the 616 universe is not far behind. They have all the same writers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I loved Hickman's Ultimates, but, truth to be told, that universe was murdered by Ultimatum, which I think it was honestly the worst idea in the history of Marvel. Yes, worse than Heroes Reborn, because at least they recovered from that easily- it was all out of continuity.
    sorry but no, the combination of all the good and enjoyment from new ultimates, ultimate avengers 1-2 (screw 3), ultimates vs avengers, death of spider-man, miles spiderman and above ALL ELSE thoose brilliant good issues of ultimates by hickman, FAR and away made up for ultimatum

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

sorry but no, the combination of all the good and enjoyment from new ultimates, ultimate avengers 1-2 (screw 3), ultimates vs avengers, death of spider-man, miles spiderman and above ALL ELSE thoose brilliant good issues of ultimates by hickman, FAR and away made up for ultimatum
    I'm not saying that there weren't some good comics, but the universe's purpose (be a more accessible universe, and one closer to the real world) was destroyed, and that alongside the Fantastic Four and the better part of the X-men.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

I demand a Gecko comic. Let's call him Gecko Boy. He's a "new" mutant that came about after AvsX. He can stick to things and say funny lines ala the Geiko Gecko commercials. He should be Deadpool's sidekick. I want royalties! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Actually I think you may be right. Though I know for certain Bendis will never leave Ultimate Spider-Man. But Humphries is the guy that will probably bring down the UU. Even with Brian Woods awesome comic it's making average money. Same as Hickman's Ultimates. Both have awesome writing but not a lot of people are reading them. So if one fails the others can't make up for it. And then this will transfer to the 616. I can bet you Uncanny X-Force is going to be one of the first Marvel Now books that will be cancelled. How are people even excited about Humphries writing X-Force. Mob mantality I guess. Stupid people. And I can't trust Hickman because of the awful ending he and Humphries gave to the Ultimates. And yet people are excited for Hickman's Avengers. Mob mantality again. Hell we can even see this in Bendis. For some reason people are really excited for All-new x-Men when I can say for a fact in a couple years from now people are going to go back to hating Bendis. If the Ultimate Universe fails the 616 universe is not far behind. They have all the same writers.
    I don't see how the shortcomings in Ultimate mean 616 is in trouble. The sales of Avengers vs. X-men showed clearly that 616 is fine. And given how well Uncanny X-Force has sold and given all the critical acclaim, I don't see how you can reason that it would be cancelled. Humphries may not do as well as Rick Remender, but at least he has more to work with.

Also, Bendis WILL leave Ultimate Spider-Man at one point. No writer can write a series forever. Chris Claremont wrote X-men for nearly two decades, but eventually even he had to leave. Bendis is only human. And if at some point he needs to drop a title from his workload, Ultimate Spider-Man will be considered. And I get the sense that if that happens, Ultimate will be finished. It's not unlike how Tom DeFalco kept Spider-Girl going for so many years. His passion for that series kept it going even after sales fell. Same can be said for X-men Forever to a lesser extent. Eventually, it got to a point where Marvel decided these books weren't viable and once DeFalco left, Spider-Girl was finished. I think that once Bendis leaves Ultimate, it's only a matter of time.

I don't think it's possible for any issue to make up for what Ultimatum destroyed in Ultimate. All those stories you just mentioned lost their impact because they took place in a world that was destroyed. There are only so many stories you can tell about a world like that. It's just heroes are assholes, everything gets worse, and everyone is screwed. That's all Ultimate is. At least with an event like Avengers vs. X-men, the losing side (Cyclops) was able to create some sense of hope for the world. There is no hope in Ultimate whatsoever. It's basically being kept up by Bendis and editors who refuse to let it die no matter how poor the sales get.

X-men Supreme

On Vacation

I don't see how the shortcomings in Ultimate mean 616 is in trouble. The sales of Avengers vs. X-men showed clearly that 616 is fine. And given how well Uncanny X-Force has sold and given all the critical acclaim, I don't see how you can reason that it would be cancelled. Humphries may not do as well as Rick Remender, but at least he has more to work with.

Also, Bendis WILL leave Ultimate Spider-Man at one point. No writer can write a series forever. Chris Claremont wrote X-men for nearly two decades, but eventually even he had to leave. Bendis is only human. And if at some point he needs to drop a title from his workload, Ultimate Spider-Man will be considered. And I get the sense that if that happens, Ultimate will be finished. It's not unlike how Tom DeFalco kept Spider-Girl going for so many years. His passion for that series kept it going even after sales fell. Same can be said for X-men Forever to a lesser extent. Eventually, it got to a point where Marvel decided these books weren't viable and once DeFalco left, Spider-Girl was finished. I think that once Bendis leaves Ultimate, it's only a matter of time.
    Oh please events never show the true nature of comic readers. There is always a spike during an event and then it goes back to normal or worse. If Hickman, Bendis and the others do not make Marvel Now increase readership there will be a hard reboot. maybe if You read Humphries Ultimates you would understand why that writer is so bad. Hell I even read his works like Higher Earth and all he is is another Jeph Loeb. Uncanny X-Force will either be cancelled or Humphries will be gone. It may have some hype now and then people will read it and see just how awful it will be. And no Bendis will never leave Ultimate Spiderman this is fact. There will never be another Ultimate Spider-Man writer the editors would not take that risk. I could say most of the Ultimate Spierman readers are reading mainly because of Bendis. Changing him is too much of a financial risk. Ultimate Spider-Man would have to be cancelled before Bendis leaves.

I don't think it's possible for any issue to make up for what Ultimatum destroyed in Ultimate. All those stories you just mentioned lost their impact because they took place in a world that was destroyed. There are only so many stories you can tell about a world like that. It's just heroes are assholes, everything gets worse, and everyone is screwed. That's all Ultimate is. At least with an event like Avengers vs. X-men, the losing side (Cyclops) was able to create some sense of hope for the world. There is no hope in Ultimate whatsoever. It's basically being kept up by Bendis and editors who refuse to let it die no matter how poor the sales get.
    Wow The main thing that Humphries destoryed was the way he made the Ultimates look like freakin goody two shoes. At least with Hickman we got a sense of badass characters now we have to exchange that for campy heroes. That sucks. Now if we want to talk about asshole heroes look no further then Cyclops and Cap during AVX.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Oh please events never show the true nature of comic readers. There is always a spike during an event and then it goes back to normal or worse. If Hickman, Bendis and the others do not make Marvel Now increase readership there will be a hard reboot. maybe if You read Humphries Ultimates you would understand why that writer is so bad. Hell I even read his works like Higher Earth and all he is is another Jeph Loeb. Uncanny X-Force will either be cancelled or Humphries will be gone. It may have some hype now and then people will read it and see just how awful it will be. And no Bendis will never leave Ultimate Spiderman this is fact. There will never be another Ultimate Spider-Man writer the editors would not take that risk. I could say most of the Ultimate Spierman readers are reading mainly because of Bendis. Changing him is too much of a financial risk. Ultimate Spider-Man would have to be cancelled before Bendis leaves.
    This is exactly my point. I don't see there ever being another writer for Ultimate Spider-Man. Whenever Bendis decides to call it quits, that's when the title will end. And he will have to stop at one point. He's human. Just as Chris Claremont had to stop, he'll have to call it quits at one point either on his own volition or because an editor says so.

X-men Supreme