Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - Nov 2, 2012

In a hectic week in NYC, Marvel Senior Editor Mark Paniccia turns Axel Alonso's stomping grounds to PANIC-IN-CHARGE to talk the future of a smarter Hulk, a tortured Iron Man and changing Miles Morales.

Full article here.

Nice way in showing how Marvel Now changes Hulk and Iron Man.

It's also nice to see what's happening in the ultimate universe after its current storyline.

"The family secrets! When you look back at it all…what is it they say about hindsight?"

Ha, I get it ^_^

Hulk and Ult. X-men's art looks really good and is that Eaglesham on Ultimate Spidey?I love his art!

Pretty much a non-answer on the Mandarin there, ah well.
    Current Pulls:
    Iron Man, Batman, Captain America, East of West, Mass Effect: Foundation, Moon Knight, New Avengers

BANNED

does anyone else thing thoose ultimates pages are by the guy that did the Mayan Rule Arc of Hulk Recently

I love KG but not even he can get me to buy Iron Man books again
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    does anyone else thing thoose ultimates pages are by the guy that did the Mayan Rule Arc of Hulk Recently
    That's definitely Eaglesham, who is a rather odd choice for the Ultimate Universe, imo. I'd think his art would fit better in the 616 than anything. Heck I'd take him on Iron Man over Land by far.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Loving the art on Indestructible Hulk, one of the main reasons I am trying it actually. It took a while, but after I warmed up to Yu's style, I've just really loved it.

No talks about Lucas-Star Wars things yet,next week i guess

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    I love KG but not even he can get me to buy Iron Man books again
    why are you not buying ironman any more

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    That's definitely Eaglesham, who is a rather odd choice for the Ultimate Universe, imo. I'd think his art would fit better in the 616 than anything. Heck I'd take him on Iron Man over Land by far.
    i hope he stays on ultimates, he is a alot more consistant than any of the artist we have gotten sense Esad Ribic Left

What did Gillen do to be stuck with Land? His art completely takes you out of the story. I thought Marvel "listens to the fans" but you only ever hear bad things about him so why is he still getting work with them?

A lot of the Marvel Now stuff looks great, but for some odd reason I still get more excited by what's going on in the Ultimate books.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesektet View Post
    What did Gillen do to be stuck with Land? His art completely takes you out of the story. I thought Marvel "listens to the fans" but you only ever hear bad things about him so why is he still getting work with them?
    They listen to fans' wallets. Greg Land has never drawn a book that has sold poorly. For whatever reason the dude is a sure bet for Marvel financially, and with all that tracing it's easy for him to get his pages in on time, so his books aren't late. I'm normally one to jump on the Land bashing bandwagon, but to his credit, I think he's been getting better, and tracing a bit less. These Iron Man pages look pretty decent to me. It's also entirely possible that Gillen likes working with him, and requested the collaboration. The dude has written a lot of pretty high profile books for Marvel, and I'm sure he has a bit of say when it comes to what artists he's working with. I just hope KG is a little less boring than usual on this book. I know most folks around here love him, but I find him to be kindof a snoozer... just my opinion.

While I'm here I might as well agree with everybody that those Lienil Yu pages for Hulk totally rock. Count me in. Lienil has been a consistant favorite of mine since he drew Wolverine in the late 90s, and he's never skipped a beat as far as I'm concerned. The dude is surely one of the best in the biz.