Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Funny, but I don't have a problem with a warrior from a martial culture killing a Nazi that not only killed her comrade but also sought to kill a young man in his path. Diana putting him down for the final count is not a betrayal of trust.

Tucking the Joker away so that he can come out (again) and commit mass murder in broad daylight outside of his normal stomping grounds is a betrayal of trust.
    Indeed it is - the trust we place in the justice system to keep him incacerated, not the trust we have in our heroes to uphold the best of our ideals.

And the men who dropped a nuclear weapon on the superbeings rampaging across Kansas clearly felt differently. Had the battle spilled into a civilian population centre the casuatlites would be been astronomical. That's is your tough call right there.

The story ends with the understanding that incaceration and rehabilitation are not the same thing. Sure, we could kill all the villains. Then we should probably kill all the other repeat offenders. People will probably object of course - that's okay, we can just do away with the democratic process. Just suspend it mind you, til we get things sorted out. But there's so much to do, and things are working so well now. Is it really necessary to give people a choice? It's a curse, really, and you just know given time they'll muck it up. Human beings are happier when they have a strong hand in charge telling them what right and wrong is. Yes, the heroes should be in charge, ruling things and not having people questioning them.

Having a small group of all powerful beings who are answerable to nobody is the way to go. Free will just gets in the way.
    Last edited by brettc1; 11-05-2012 at 02:46 AM.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Tucking the Joker away so that he can come out (again) and commit mass murder in broad daylight outside of his normal stomping grounds is a betrayal of trust.
    This actually says it best for me...

Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”