Default The Last Phantom...worth a go??

I,ve got a chance to buy the TPB of vol 1 for silly cheap money.

Is it worth getting tho?? anyone collecting??

RALPH.

I thought it was quite good. Much better than I expected, and definitely worth getting.
    Michael Pilgaard, fanboy at large
    WeirdSpace, a Multiverse Who's Who, since 2003
    American Comic Books, an index

I personally liked it a lot, but I know that there were certain aspects that a number of fans of the original character didn't car for.

It's not completely faithful to what's gone on in the past but establishes Dynamite's version. If you're not stuck on the Phantom having to be done a certain or it isn't the Phantom then yeah, I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy it.

well,it must be worth the 4 I payed for it then....ebay can be a wonderful thing :)

I don,t have any preconcieved ideas of The Phantom.Just enjoyed that Billy Zane movie and would like to get to know the character more.
    I,ve been very happy with Dynamites Green Hornet,so lets hope they,ve rebooted this hero as good.

Cheers.
    RALPH.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphtown View Post
    well,it must be worth the 4 I payed for it then....ebay can be a wonderful thing :)

I don,t have any preconcieved ideas of The Phantom.Just enjoyed that Billy Zane movie and would like to get to know the character more.
    I,ve been very happy with Dynamites Green Hornet,so lets hope they,ve rebooted this hero as good.

Cheers.
    RALPH.
    I git it today for a similar price on Comixology and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. I thought it modernized the concept pretty well.

Indeed,I,ve read both trades,Vol 1 and 2 and am really looking forward to vol 3.
    a resounding succsess inho.

RALPH.