Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    He isn't fighting her Because he doesn't agree with what she wants, He is fighting her because she gets innocent people killed when she goes to her extremes. He has worked with her and During No Mans Land He trusted her enough to take care of Gothams Orphans and trusted her with a large amount of Territory to protect. He can work with her and he knows generally where she operates out when she is in Gotham but She is not the nicest chick around.
    Subtext. I'm talking about the implied themes.

I think she should fit into the same category as Harley and Deathstroke. The ani-hero/villain role. I never want to see her as a straight up hero. Ivy being a member of Birds of Prey was a bit much. Glad her true colors shown through.

Having her as the occasional anti-hero allows DC one more popular female character to use if they need it.
    Last edited by Robotman4; 11-02-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    Glad her true colors shown through.
    I don't know if its the same "true colors" as before though. This time she seemed to befriend the Birds and to her that friendship was real. But due to her time being short she had to use them instead of asking for there help way later down the line like she wanted. This Ivy is different then other past Ivy's and I think its in a good way. She gets to care about people (other then Harley) but still care about the Earth and its plants more.

Maybe Anti-hero would work, but on a different thread someone said Lawful Evil and I think that works well. But ya I agree keeping her a "anti-hero" like character I think is a good thing, but I would never want her to be full good. Unless there is a good reason, and a good writer on it lol.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

I hate the idea of all Batman's good villains being turned into anti-heroes. Such a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    I hate the idea of all Batman's good villains being turned into anti-heroes. Such a waste.
    Me to, I think this is why their are so few great comicbook villainesses. Every time a female villain gets somewhat popular they want to turn her into a hero. Sure comics need more female heroes , but they are seriously lacking female icons on the villain side of the house. Where is the female equivalent of Lex luthor or Darkseid?
    Last edited by mathew101281; 11-02-2012 at 09:08 PM.
    Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.
    http://songoftheethereal.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Me to, I think this is why their are so few great comicbook villainesses. Every time a female villain gets somewhat popular they want to turn her into a hero. Sure comics need more female heroes , but they are seriously lacking female icons on the villain side of the house. Where is the female equivalent of Lex luthor or Darkseid?
    No one said they wanted her to be a hero, just a sometimes Anti-hero if anything. Or maybe a Batman villain that helps out once in a while. The big reason I want her to be a anti-hero is cause then she can be a ongoing title, like Birds of Prey, and not a once in a while Batman villain, is it wrong to want to see more of her. She does not have to become a hero, just keep her how she was in Birds of Prey or something like that. Maybe like in Gotham City Sirens.

Or put her on a team book like the Suicide Squad (she has been on that team before, and Harley is on it) or the Secret Six or like a darker Birds of Prey.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    No one said they wanted her to be a hero, just a sometimes Anti-hero if anything. Or maybe a Batman villain that helps out once in a while.
    Same difference. mathew101281 nailed it. As soon as a female villain character gains a little popularity, they can't resist bringing her to the forefront a little more, and for some inexplicable reason, they feel like they can't do that unless they make the character "nicer." It's so boring and such a waste of a character.

Same difference. mathew101281 nailed it. As soon as a female villain character gains a little popularity, they can't resist bringing her to the forefront a little more, and for some inexplicable reason, they feel like they can't do that unless they make the character "nicer." It's so boring and such a waste of a character.
    Well we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this. I think changing a character and making him or her grow overtime, even if that means making a long time villain start to see a little good in themselves and do something to help people (or even stay a villain that just does good sometimes and does not want to kill everyone on the planet) a good thing and not a waste of a character at all. If a character stays the same forever it becomes boring. Characters should change just like people. And if one of them sees some kinda of light or something thats cool.

Sorry if any of that sounded mean, that was not my intention, I still value your view on things. And you seem like a nice guy.
    Last edited by Power Torch; 11-02-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

Well we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this. I think changing a character and making him or her grow overtime, even if that means making a long time villain start to see a little good in themselves and do something to help people (or even stay a villain that just does good sometimes and does not want to kill everyone on the planet) a good thing and not a waste of a character at all. If a character stays the same forever it becomes boring. Characters should change just like people. And if one of them sees some kinda of light or something thats cool.
    It's fine, except what happens when you run out of good, compelling, iconic villains? Because you've wasted them all by making them all anti-heroes?

It's cool you like this with Ivy. But they already did it with Catwoman. What female villains does Batman have left? The most recent Batman issue already has Harley apologizing for Joker to Batman. Are we losing another one?

It's fine, except what happens when you run out of good, compelling, iconic villains? Because you've wasted them all by making them all anti-heroes?

It's cool you like this with Ivy. But they already did it with Catwoman. What female villains does Batman have left? The most recent Batman issue already has Harley apologizing for Joker to Batman. Are we losing another one?
    I think its different with Catwoman, she was a thief and not a killer like Ivy. Its hard cause I agree with you on the fact they we are losing female villains, but at the same time I think Ivy's change is good, and I dont want her to go back to become a once in a blue moon villain. They should change male villains if anything next lol.

And I hope they don't make Harley into one, she is just to crazy right now XD, though right now we are seeing that Harley and Harley Quinn are kinda two different personalities. So maybe the one sorry for Joker is normal Harley? Though she does not like Jokers change and it scares her, so maybe she is sorry for what he has become and not what he use to be. Or sorry that he changed.
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

I think she should be part of the team but, like katana she should have her own views and is willing to do anything to help, I know she's a villain but she was so awesome in BOP!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I think she should be part of the team but, like katana she should have her own views and is willing to do anything to help, I know she's a villain but she was so awesome in BOP!
    I agree I loved every second she was in BoP!
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

I agree I loved every second she was in BoP!
    Not too mention them badass covers, so, is she returning to BOP?
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Not too mention them badass covers, so, is she returning to BOP?
    Duane tweeted me a while ago saying that he is not done with Ivy and that she will be back, not sure if this means as a team member or a bad guy.
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

Duane tweeted me a while ago saying that he is not done with Ivy and that she will be back, not sure if this means as a team member or a bad guy.
    To be frank and honest; Black canary, batgirl and poison ivy are my favourite characters from the series.