Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

It's amazing how differently people see an artist. I have never understood how someone could prefer Bachalo or Ramos and their "edgy" depictions of these characters. The art can ruin a good story.
    If continuity and realism is so important, shouldn't the people look like people? Could someone explain to me why you would use either one of these guys in this genre?
    DC at least has the smarts to use mainstream type artists.

So excited for this. I have faith that Bendis will be able to do for the X-books what he did for the Avengers books.

Washington.... the state not the place with the monuments.

Bachalo's a great artist, but he should really bring is storytelling into it more. Just judging by recent work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex6166 View Post
    Bachalo's a great artist, but he should really bring is storytelling into it more. Just judging by recent work.
    Yeah, I loved Bachalo's Gen X work and even his '90s X-Men stuff but his art in the last few years has become almost indecipherable(to the point where I actually love Bradshaw's work on WATXM by comparison despite the fact that it's, at best, bargain basement Art Adams).

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    So excited for this. I have faith that Bendis will be able to do for the X-books what he did for the Avengers books.
    This is what people are afraid of, LOL!
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Looking forward to hearing more details but Bachalo on art is an automatic buy in the first place and if this is a Cyclops-led X-team then I'm doubly in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    It's amazing how differently people see an artist. I have never understood how someone could prefer Bachalo or Ramos and their "edgy" depictions of these characters. The art can ruin a good story.
    If continuity and realism is so important, shouldn't the people look like people? Could someone explain to me why you would use either one of these guys in this genre?
    DC at least has the smarts to use mainstream type artists.
    Bachalo is really one of those love it or hate it guys. For me, he's one of the most dynamic/kinetic artists out there, and he's also one of the only artists who is able to take real risks with his work. I can see why some folks think his art can be hard to read sometimes, but for me it is part of the zany fun. That said, I really don't care for Ramos' art. I can see why you would lump him in with Bachalo because of the over stylized abstraction of figures etc., but Ramos' style lacks Bachalo's originality to me. I've seen 10 Ramoses over the years, but I've only ever seen one Chris Bachalo. Lump me in as a must buy for the art as well. I've bought dozens of comics I wouldn't have otherwise read because he drew them (although I probably would have bought this book with a different artist anyway).

Also, I'm not sure realism is always important. It's X-Men comics. I'm well aware that it isn't real. Sometimes I just like it to be fun.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It will be interesting to see young Cyclops meet his older version. How the character has taken such a radical different path in life. I hope its Uncanny X-Men coming back...
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

we'll see --

I hope it's Uncanny X-Men. I hope it has Cyclops...and a bad-ass line-up!
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Quote Originally Posted by LightningBug View Post
    Bachalo is really one of those love it or hate it guys. For me, he's one of the most dynamic/kinetic artists out there, and he's also one of the only artists who is able to take real risks with his work. I can see why some folks think his art can be hard to read sometimes, but for me it is part of the zany fun. That said, I really don't care for Ramos' art. I can see why you would lump him in with Bachalo because of the over stylized abstraction of figures etc., but Ramos' style lacks Bachalo's originality to me. I've seen 10 Ramoses over the years, but I've only ever seen one Chris Bachalo. Lump me in as a must buy for the art as well. I've bought dozens of comics I wouldn't have otherwise read because he drew them (although I probably would have bought this book with a different artist anyway).

Also, I'm not sure realism is always important. It's X-Men comics. I'm well aware that it isn't real. Sometimes I just like it to be fun.
    Yeah I don't see much of a relationship between Ramos and Bachalo (although I thought Ramos had a lot of promise in his X-Nation 2099 days). From the Death mini series to Generation X to WatX, I think Bachalo is just... magical. I'll admit I wish he was still doing things a little closer to his Gen X 1-4/AoA style, and maybe even let other people color his stuff, but his pages are still so jam packed with energy and emotion. Aside from a pretty heinous misstep with his Marvel Boy redesign, Bachalo has done little wrong for me. I don't need hyper realism to enjoy a title, I just need good art.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeKnight729 View Post
    Especially since two of them are only really using "Uncanny" to indicate that they're connected to the X-Men franchise.
    In a way all 3 would be connected to the X-Men even though it's Uncanny Avengers it's obviously half an X-Men book. It's smart advertising though. People seein in their local comic store or online under U there are three titles it might make someone who buys 1 or 2 try the other titles. I don't get why Bachalo isn't on W&TXM anymore. Marvel professes how they have stable creative teams unlike DC but they do just as much if not more switching by having rotating artists on a lot of titles. Yeah it's nice to have one "voice" in having writers stay on books longterm but the rotating artists are often hard to follow especially if they don't announce if it is short or longterm like Bachalo on W&TXM. I'm assuming Bachalo is leaving that title now (if he hasn't already) and moving over to the new Uncanny? I'm figuring the new Uncanny is going to be the former Extinction team minus Colossus and Namor. Looks like Cyclops, Magneto, Emma, Danger & Magik are all aboard for the team. It's just a repurposing of the title and Magneto said so himself "villains". I do agree with those stating that Bachalo more suits W&TXM's more humorous approach even though he can go dark which I'm expecting Uncanny to be. It's obvious Bendis will be mostly the voice of the X-Men now as he was the voice of the Avengers for so long. Sure there are others like Jason Aaron but for the most part Bendis seems to be the one to handle the majority of mutants outside W&TXM and the "sister" titles like Astonishing, Legacy, X-Factor and the X-Force titles. Still no news on Adjectiveless. Thinking it will be canceled after Wood's run. Just when it was getting good too....

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

I've been reading X-men off and on since the Whedon era and a good chunk of it has been "meh" with very safe stories.

Now that Bendis is taking over the book (a writer who isn't afraid to shake things up), I think I will dive back into the universe full time now.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Joecooler2u View Post
    In a way all 3 would be connected to the X-Men even though it's Uncanny Avengers it's obviously half an X-Men book. It's smart advertising though. People seein in their local comic store or online under U there are three titles it might make someone who buys 1 or 2 try the other titles. I don't get why Bachalo isn't on W&TXM anymore. Marvel professes how they have stable creative teams unlike DC but they do just as much if not more switching by having rotating artists on a lot of titles. Yeah it's nice to have one "voice" in having writers stay on books longterm but the rotating artists are often hard to follow especially if they don't announce if it is short or longterm like Bachalo on W&TXM. I'm assuming Bachalo is leaving that title now (if he hasn't already) and moving over to the new Uncanny? I'm figuring the new Uncanny is going to be the former Extinction team minus Colossus and Namor. Looks like Cyclops, Magneto, Emma, Danger & Magik are all aboard for the team. It's just a repurposing of the title and Magneto said so himself "villains". I do agree with those stating that Bachalo more suits W&TXM's more humorous approach even though he can go dark which I'm expecting Uncanny to be. It's obvious Bendis will be mostly the voice of the X-Men now as he was the voice of the Avengers for so long. Sure there are others like Jason Aaron but for the most part Bendis seems to be the one to handle the majority of mutants outside W&TXM and the "sister" titles like Astonishing, Legacy, X-Factor and the X-Force titles. Still no news on Adjectiveless. Thinking it will be canceled after Wood's run. Just when it was getting good too....

But not only Cyclops, Magneto, Emma and Magik. I guess there will be the new mutant from ANXM. There were 2 new mutants one sided with Wolverine one with Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningBug View Post
    Bachalo is really one of those love it or hate it guys. For me, he's one of the most dynamic/kinetic artists out there, and he's also one of the only artists who is able to take real risks with his work. I can see why some folks think his art can be hard to read sometimes, but for me it is part of the zany fun. That said, I really don't care for Ramos' art. I can see why you would lump him in with Bachalo because of the over stylized abstraction of figures etc., but Ramos' style lacks Bachalo's originality to me. I've seen 10 Ramoses over the years, but I've only ever seen one Chris Bachalo.
    The art syle Bachalo used in the Death mini, looks nothing like the art style he uses today in books like W&tXM, that style fits that book, but shouldn't be used for Uncanny, he should switch it back up for this, go back to using an inker and colorist, imo it affects the overall look when he does all three himself, when trying to meet deadlines with that kind of workload, the art suffers.