Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, #16.1

Brian Bendis and David Marquez the first ever Ultimate point one issue in "Ultimate Comics Spider-Man" #16.1, as Betty Brant asks (and answers) the question: "Who is the new Spider-Man?"

Full review here.

DEAD MEANS DEAD DAMNIT Bedlam66's Avatar

Best ending ever!
    -JLA MEMBER-

JPEG League of America

Syphre Zero:
    Bless us, oh Lord, and thank You for the gift of Ed Benes which You have bestowed upon us. Grant him his rightful reward and favor him as You have Michael Turner and all Your other children who draw women really, REALLY well.

http://www.badpressonline.com/
    CBR DC Wallpaper Thread Newsarama Wallpaper Thread CBR All Comic Art Wallpaper Thread

Mr Hughes

For the art alone this deserves a five but...spoilers ahead...
    Betty's belief that Miles's father is Spider-Man is so utterly bone headed it defies belief. She has photos of Spider-Man who has the physique of a skinny 12 or thirteen year old. And she really thinks that it could possibly be Miles's dad?! Is she bloody mental!? Blind and mental?! That bit was almost as good as Byrne's Lex Luthor saying "but Clark Kent can't possibly be Superman"

Anyway. The rest was good.

ShaunN

SOME POSSIBLE SPOILERS HERE....

Ok, I see the fellow above made the same point - and he knows how to blank out his text! So, I removed my comment. But I heartily with Mr. Hughes. That is a massive problem in the story.
    Last edited by ShaunN; 11-04-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Tell me the spoilers someone!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Tell me the spoilers someone!
    spoilers:
    Betty talks about the possible relationship between the New Spider-man and the Prowler, she goes to the department of Prowler, and manages to find the spider 42 (which gave his powers to Miles). Betty, shows the spider to Dr. Marcus of Roxxon, who confirms that the spider was created in Oscorp, and Peter Parker was bitten accidentally, and that Osborn had created another,

After Miles and his family are coming film, while Betty spy them, later tells to Jameson that Spider-Man is Jefferson Davis, Miles's father, because his relationship with Aaron Davis, his brother, the Prowler, but Jameson says he has no evidence and not let it ruin a family by that.

Disgusted, Betty goes to her apartment, trying to continue his research, but a voice tells her that she should not be put in things foreign, is finally killed by Ultimate Venom
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by RadioActiveLunch; 11-04-2012 at 11:03 AM.