Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Default It is official: Fatale is now an ongoing series

Comics Alliance broke the great news in their recent Ed Brubaker interview.

And issue 9 was the best yet.

Glad to be reading a Brubaker monthly again.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Although this is a great series and it is good news in general, I'm a little disappointed. It always seems like ongoing series lose their way the longer they go on.

I think ongoing is a little misleading. The letter at the end of issue 9 basically said that he would take as long to tell the story as he needed. He's just not limiting himself to a set number of issues. But he didn't make it sound indefinite. If it takes 25 he'll go 25. If it takes 30 he'll go 30. But it sounds as if there is still a set story and it will come to an end.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

The longer the better .i think he can go 50 issues and stops that's how many i need .
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

I like the idea that it is more "open ended" than ongoing. Brubaker is saying it will not end at an artificial point but go on as long as he needs to to tell his stories. This is more like a Vertigo book. But even there, those books can get lost in the middle. I think that what can help Fatale is that it is not one major plot but the story of Jo. So this could keep it from drifting too much.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls

No i dont think this current mystery is strong enough for monthly series, they need to add more to world,mystery. Most important this series is cool but its not near as great as Criminals with Lawless and co.

If they can publish Criminals arc at the same time, this is good news but if this takes their time away from their best works im not happy with the news.

Criminals is a rare,alltime great crime,noir series and is the reason i followed Brubaker and Phillips every year doing an arc/mini.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

BANNED

hey look, a semantic debate!

The more issues the better as far as I am concerned. It was nice news to read.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    hey look, a semantic debate!
    Yeah i didnt really care if Fatale was 6 issues or 60 when i heard the news about it the first time. I was just thrilled any series by Bru/Phillips.

The most important question to me is where is Criminals in the near future? Any news planning to write Criminals as usual along with Fatale this time.
    Pull List:

government's watching you matt levin's Avatar
    western Massachusetts, USA; rural, river valley

YAY!!!!

And, again, however many issues it takes, it takes. For me, it's Fatale's characters that carry the story, although admittedly, the 'story' of Jo is a good hook, given her 'power' and life-longevity; but if and when another strong character is introduced, that can take 'the story' along for another set of issues, and so on. Heh-- and so on!
    Walking Man Comics

Age/Bronze-A.S.Westrn-AstroCity-Amelia-CourtneyC.-Brody'sGhost-DD-Dial H-Fables-Fatale-Fell-Goon-Groo-Hellboy-Mudman-NextWave-Rocketeer-StarDrop-Thief-Usagi-Wolff/Byrd-Unwritten

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I think ongoing is a little misleading. The letter at the end of issue 9 basically said that he would take as long to tell the story as he needed. He's just not limiting himself to a set number of issues. But he didn't make it sound indefinite. If it takes 25 he'll go 25. If it takes 30 he'll go 30. But it sounds as if there is still a set story and it will come to an end.
    THIS makes me feel better. I only read trades so I wasn't aware of the letter you mention. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    YAY!!!!

And, again, however many issues it takes, it takes. For me, it's Fatale's characters that carry the story, although admittedly, the 'story' of Jo is a good hook, given her 'power' and life-longevity; but if and when another strong character is introduced, that can take 'the story' along for another set of issues, and so on. Heh-- and so on!
    Yeah it will depend on the creators ability to write new POV character after another in new arcs. Jo, the mystery is only the hook. I would think this would get old quickly if i didnt rate Bru/Phillops noir storytelling so highly.
    Pull List:

Critical acclaim = more stories. Not a bad thing if I say so myself. My only beef with the book is that for some reason I have difficulty remembering previous issues and continuously have to re-read.
    Gimme gimme shock treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by antsomarching View Post
    Critical acclaim = more stories. Not a bad thing if I say so myself. My only beef with the book is that for some reason I have difficulty remembering previous issues and continuously have to re-read.
    That was difficult for me in the first arc. I think this second arc has much stronger male characters and it's easier for me to remember the men orbiting around Jo.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJeff View Post
    Although this is a great series and it is good news in general, I'm a little disappointed. It always seems like ongoing series lose their way the longer they go on.
    Man, I hope that never happens to me.
    --
    Erik Larsen
    Savage Dragon perpetrator

www.imagecomics.com
    www.savagedragon.com