Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

Default Spider-Man : The TV Show

Everyone on here has their own Spider-Man story they adore, be it an old classic or a recent issue they just bought. And we all talk about different storylines that we would love to see in a movie. However, I think that someone needs to make it a TV show. Think about it...and hour long show would be the best way to chronicle all of the best moments. From Harry as the Goblin, to the kid who collected Spider-Man, to the Kraven's death saga to the death of Jean DeWolff. I have just always wondered why hasn't someone tried to make such a show? Could it e done properly? I definitely think so. And who would play what characters?

Feel free to post your ideas....this was more or less me venting a long felt desire (and frustration) at feeling like I will never get to see some of these moments acted out on screen. and shared with a greater, non comic loving audience.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfloydsound17 View Post
    Everyone on here has their own Spider-Man story they adore, be it an old classic or a recent issue they just bought. And we all talk about different storylines that we would love to see in a movie. However, I think that someone needs to make it a TV show. Think about it...and hour long show would be the best way to chronicle all of the best moments. From Harry as the Goblin, to the kid who collected Spider-Man, to the Kraven's death saga to the death of Jean DeWolff. I have just always wondered why hasn't someone tried to make such a show? Could it e done properly? I definitely think so. And who would play what characters?

Feel free to post your ideas....this was more or less me venting a long felt desire (and frustration) at feeling like I will never get to see some of these moments acted out on screen. and shared with a greater, non comic loving audience.
    Well, technically, they did have a Spider-Man TV show back in the 70's. It wasn't all that great back then and it's painful to watch now, but before we had the Spider-Man movies, all we had were the cartoons and the cheesy show I used to watch all the time on the sci fi channel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spideynh.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	103719

..no excuse not to come out with some type of compilation of the series on DVD.. Even if its a pressed-to-order set, like Amazon has now for different things..

*Witty User Title Here* linkspirit97's Avatar

We almost had that with Spectacular Spider-man.

It would be awesome, expensive, but awesome.

Assuming they did have the budget, it wouldn't be a bad idea following Ultimate Spider-man, but allowing him to grow up, Smallville style.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Well, technically, they did have a Spider-Man TV show back in the 70's. It wasn't all that great back then and it's painful to watch now, but before we had the Spider-Man movies, all we had were the cartoons and the cheesy show I used to watch all the time on the sci fi channel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spideynh.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	103719
    Oh I was well aware of this little disaster.....

I own the pilot and the Deadly Dust, I see no shame in that
    Own nothing that came after those
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

There was also a Japanese TV show, but it really had nothing to do with the comics apart from the costume, and some of the powers. Basically, Spider-Man had a giant robot too and it was really kind of a "sentai" show (Sort of like Power Rangers). Stan Lee I've heard actually prefers this version because it had a more acrobatic Spider-man and better FX for the webs than the Nick Hammond stuff.

I believe Marvel at least used to have it streaming for free, might still be on the site.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-04-2012 at 04:51 AM. Reason: redundant suit mention

I just don't think a Spider-Man TV-show is economically or technically feasible. With someone like Batman, Green Arrow or Punisher you just need a costume, lighting and a few stuntmen to make something decent, but the amount of advanced CGI that would have to go into something with Spider-Man would probably guarantee that we would see about 10 (badly animated) seconds of Spider-Man in costume each episode and at that a ton of recycled footage.
    Last edited by Patroklos; 11-04-2012 at 05:46 AM.
    "Doesn't everyone on here hate comics? Isn't this a forum where a bunch of middle aged men sit around and bitch about how they hate comics and haven't read them in twenty years?" -Mezzaro-

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There was also a Japanese TV show, but it really had nothing to do with the comics apart from the costume, and some of the powers. Basically, Spider-Man had a giant robot too and it was really kind of a "sentai" show (Sort of like Power Rangers). Stan Lee I've heard actually prefers this version because it had a more acrobatic Spider-man and better FX for the webs than the Nick Hammond stuff.

I believe Marvel at least used to have it streaming for free, might still be on the site.
    That series can be ignored
    Remember Spider-Man from Electric Company and that's a more proper show
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Patroklos View Post
    I just don't think a Spider-Man TV-show is economically or technically feasible. With someone like Batman, Green Arrow or Punisher you just need a costume, lighting and a few stuntmen to make something decent, but the amount of advanced CGI that would have to go into something with Spider-Man would probably guarantee that we would see about 10 (badly animated) seconds of Spider-Man in costume each episode and at that a ton of recycled footage.
    This is very true...the amount of CGI and work required to go into his web swinging (to make it look half decent) would have to be done well and that costs money. Which is sad because it would be very cool. Although, I do like your suggestion at doing someone like Punisher on the small screen. His character would translate well. Or even the FF I think could work on TV a bit better than in movies. I just really enjoy Spidey and none of the shows (even cartoons) have impressed me since the 90's animated series.

I would just like to see, in some capacity of the film world, some of hi smore classic stories acted out live. The 90's series did its own thing and did not really focus on many of Spidey's big stories (it did its own take on the black suit which was fun but nothing else really).

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

The only time I watched that series was in school and damn, it was funny. Also got a bit of interest in class from people seeing such a iconic character in such a wild weird picture. He was fighting a big cat creature as well, good times, and also a good series.
    Peter Parker + ' 'with great power there must also come great responsibility '' = Spider-man

Senior Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfloydsound17 View Post

$$$ might be a factor for the Spider-Man action, but if it focused on Peter and company...sure.
    I'm in the mindset of a Spider-Man version of "Lois & Clark"........