Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

There's already a Arrow digital series being released written by same people writing for the show (Guggenheim, Berlanti and 1 other guy I can't remember)

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    With the new Arrow series I would like to want a Green Arrow book with an Ollie similar with the one on the show.
    They have that already with the comic tie in.

Yeah this thread has been debunked already. He's not leaving JLD yet and he isn't doing a Question comic.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    They have that already with the comic tie in.
    I know but I would prefer the new 52 Ollie who's tied to the DCnU to be more like the show's Ollie, not that joke they have in the green arrow book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    Yeah this thread has been debunked already. He's not leaving JLD yet and he isn't doing a Question comic.
    And here's the Tweet:

BANNED

He also said he's leaving the title soon. The tweet just means it's not immediate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    He also said he's leaving the title soon. The tweet just means it's not immediate.
    Well allow me to wait for an official announcement before believing it confirmed :)

BANNED

lol okay apparently he said he was leaving the convention...

Well whatever.

Not really, that could just mean he is staying till the next arc is over.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

I really don't want to think about Lemire leaving Justice League Dark. Since he started writing it's easily been my favorite book every month. The Annual was freaking amazing!

I really don't want to think about Lemire leaving Justice League Dark. Since he started writing it's easily been my favorite book every month. The Annual was freaking amazing!
    Point being? No offense, but just because you don't want it happen(I definitely don't want it happening either) doesn't mean the thread should be closed and we should ignore the news. This thread should also be able to be used to wonder what title he is announcing next Wednesday.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Point being? No offense, but just because you don't want it happen(I definitely don't want it happening either) doesn't mean the thread should be closed and we should ignore the news. This thread should also be able to be used to wonder what title he is announcing next Wednesday.
    Hey relax man. I wasn't implying "the thread should be closed". I just don't want my favorite current book to lose its writer.

Those who know my tastes know that I am kinda happy to hear this. I have not cared for Lemire's JLD at all, I think it is very unsatisfying and devoid of subtlety. I just do not understand the praise for the book at all. I think moving Lemire away from the Dark books is a good call. He seems like the kind of writer that gets too safe and doesn't try as hard with the characters he really likes.

I'm interested to see what they do with this book now. I remember reading that they wanted to tie JLD into the New 52 continuity much more, which they have done with Steve Trevor and the government involvement, but I sort of assumed they would continue to tie things in heavily as they build up to Trinity War. I have a hard time believing they want Ray Fawkes as the guy to do this...not to knock the guy, but he just has such a low profile in the comics industry right now. To lead into your first major event and replace one of DC's most popular new writers with a nearly unheard of guy is just weird. Also weird because even though I dislike it, Lemire's JLD has received really positive feedback online, so to switch him off quickly, it's just odd.

And then I also wonder what new direction they will go with. The first was "psychologically damaged" and the second was "plot-driven magic battles", so they've got two very different identities for this book so far.

Last but not least, I wonder what will become of Mikel Janin. With Sorrentino leaving I, Vamprire, Ponticelli leaving Frankenstein, and Paquette more or less confirming he is moving on from Swamp Thing, Janin is the only Dark artist still on his original book. He does a marvelous job on the title but DC has certainly shown that they like moving artists around, and I wonder if they will move him to another book.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

I really hope the next writer is in for the long haul. I like JLD a lot but I'm not going to continue reading if the book is going to be burning through a creative team every 10 issues. I like stability and longer arcs in my stories. Not constant new directions and creative voices.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Last but not least, I wonder what will become of Mikel Janin. With Sorrentino leaving I, Vamprire, Ponticelli leaving Frankenstein, and Paquette more or less confirming he is moving on from Swamp Thing, Janin is the only Dark artist still on his original book. He does a marvelous job on the title but DC has certainly shown that they like moving artists around, and I wonder if they will move him to another book.
    I don't think any of us is moving from the book soon. We have lots of exciting plans for JLDark! Thanks for asking :)