Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post
    Euro is still kicking ass, Japan is still kicking ass and the american indie scene is still kicking ass. The only thing stagnating is the big two.
    That's been true for awhile. Too many people think the comics industry just means Marvel and DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sleeper View Post
    When done right, I think comics are the ultimate form of art. It combines the narrative of novel with the visuals of movies. I can't think of something I enjoy more than reading a great comic book.
    Well put. It's a fantastic medium with near unlimited potential.

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

While I enjoy films, I like comics more.There has been talk of the Justice League film.I would rather see a digital comic of the Justice league.It's about 150 pages long and an elseworld. It takes advantage of the digital format and has music and sound(no voice acting) and the comics panel come up similar to a powerpoint presentation.

Not many comic book artists would imagine anything close to the special effects of Star Wars, though Jack Kirby did.

Not many films could match Jack Kirby's imagination.
    A N I M E

Wait...I know you. Captain Clarkie's Avatar

are cabbages still on a par with peas?
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Godfather novel is not as important as the film is in American cinema,modern western Cinema mostly because of the brilliant,legendary actors. The book storywise is as good,very similar but its just another thriller among many. It has to compete with classics of that genre and books 1000 years old.
    The Godfather book can't even compete with books from the last few decades. It's not very good at all. That is why it doesn't compare to the importance of the film.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    Would you say so?
    Like every form of entertainment, comics, film, T.V. and theatre all have their own strengths and weaknesses. Comics can follow characters and arcs FOR YEARS; in a way film and T.V. cannot, because the actors age/leave/die... comic creations do not (well... sure they die, but they ALSO get brought back). I've loved and been entertained by the Thunderbolts for 15+ years, always changing, always new. No film (or film series) can so consistantly make that claim.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Are you talking about adapting from a similar source, or having the capabilities of pulling off effects or styles that are more advanced or imaginative than what most people intend?
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D