Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Thor's recent wins and losses

alot of people are complaining strongly about thor's recent so called beat downs and i think this problem needs its own thread.
    im going to list off most all of thor's recent wins and losses in detail for you to consider.

WINS / DRAWS

GLORY - During the Mini Event Chaos War, while the all father empowered Hercules was taking on Mikiboshi the Chaos King thor was left to battle mikiboshi's second in command guy Glory - an entire Panthenon of demonic Alien Gods merged in to one gigantic Being

Thor Blasted his way in to the Interior of the creature only to be assaulted by the spirits of the aliens that made up the creature, the beings where literaly tearing in to thor's soul and yet he still managed to muster the power to blow Glory's body completly apart from the inside. the blast seemed to kill both combatants as thor reverted to his donald blake form.
    thor eventuly recovered.
    elements of glorys being regenterated in to a smaller much weaker form but thor eventuly killed it off too

GALACTUS - during the galactus seed arc Thor Propelled himself so hard in to the side of Galactus's Head that it partialy shattered the world eaters helmet

SILVER SURFER - also during that arc Thor battled the Silver Surfer thru space and on to the surface of Mars, with nether really gaining much of the upper hand, sif latter broke the fight up.

ASGARDIAN HAMMER EMPOWERED HULK & THE THING - during Fear Itself thor was forced to take on the Hulk and The Thing at once, the two at first had the clear advantage pummeling thor across Nyc. until Thor Sent Mjolnir blasting thru The center of The Things Body (the wound would have been fatal if for not Franklin Richards healing him and clearing his body of asgardian possesion)
    Thor and the Hulk then fought to a stand still, thor effectively won by Blasting The Hulk in to space, thor collapsed from Exhaustion moments later

THE SERPENT - in the final battle of fear itself Thor battled The Serpent all father of fear in his dragon form using the twilight sword, after slaying the serpent by driving the sword in to the dragons skull, thor died in odins arms (it is unclear what, if any singular injury was the cause of thor's death)

AFTER BEING KILLED IN FEAR ITSELF THOR BATTLED HIS WAY OUT OF THE STOMACH OF THE DEMOGORGE THE CONSUMER OF DEAD GODS

ULIK / TANARUS - ulik the troll posing as thor in the guise of Tanarus the celtic god of thunder while thor was dead, upon thor's return thor easily defeated tanarus despite his new thunder god powers

RACHEL SUMMERS - during avx (spicificaly in Wolverine and the X-men Tie in) thor took on rachel summers who semi took thor down with a blast of pysi energy, most people are claiming that she beat thor easily i disagree as thor got back up almost immediatly to take on Namor and rachel moved on else where in the battle. this can hardly be consider a real fight IMO

LOSSES

ODIN - at the beginning of Fear itself odin demanded that the asgardian race leave earth for there home deminsion
    thor was having none of that crap and hit odin in the head with Mjolnir, only for odin to deactivate the hammer, and pummel thor unconcious

EMMA FROST (possesd by the Phoenix Force) - thor took on the phoenix empowered emma frost and appeared to win by shattering her diamond body in to many peices, however the Phoenix Force wasnt done and blasted the diamond shards directly Thru Thor's Body (this would probley take down almost any person in the marvel universe) emma's peices then reformed and she (being the sore wining bitch that she is) preceed to kick the unconsious thor around a bit.

COLOSSUS and MAGIK (possesd by the Phoenix Force) - thor aparently took on the 2 Firebird empowered x-men in egypt, there is only one panel of the battle but considering the damage to the pyramids in the shot its pretty clear that thor put up a good bit of fight before being taken down.

looking at this list IMO he really isnt being made the fool of most people are saying he is.
    The Phoenix 5 simply are more powerful its just that simple, Namor broke The Red Hulks arm with a single hand without even trying for gods sake!
    and when thor took on colossus and magik there power has been incressed greatly by namor's power being added to there own.

also Note: during the battles listed in the galactus Seed arc and the Fear Itself series, Thor was suffering from a Cosmic based wound to his gut that he recieved while swiming in to the heart of the world tree, the wound was semingly draining energy from him.

what are your thoughts on this looking at the list and thease details?
    Last edited by Movieartman; 08-02-2012 at 07:56 AM.

You forgot Velocidad in your win column.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UserIDGoesHere View Post
    You forgot Velocidad in your win column.
    Velovidad???
    was that the teen mutant thor kicked to get to hope?
    i wouldnt call that a real fight, just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post

RACHEL SUMMERS - during avx (spicificaly in Wolverine and the X-men Tie in) thor took on rachel summers who semi took thor down with a blast of pysi energy, most people are claiming that she beat thor easily i disagree as thor got back up almost immediatly to take on Namor and rachel moved on else where in the battle. this can hardly be consider a real fight IMO
    If it's not a real fight according to you don't list it under Win/Draw.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    i thought i should adress it as im sure someone would bring it up

i thought i should adress it as im sure someone would bring it up
    Then it would belong in the loss column if you're including it. Even it's not a real fight, you can hardly claim that Thor drew with Rachel or won anything against her.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Yeah I would consider her fight against Rachel a definite "loss". But you have it as a win...?

Unless created with a neutral bias, lists like this are too subjective.

GALACTUS - during the galactus seed arc Thor Propelled himself so hard in to the side of Galactus's Head that it partialy shattered the world eaters helmet

SILVER SURFER - also during that arc Thor battled the Silver Surfer thru space and on to the surface of Mars, with nether really gaining much of the upper hand, sif latter broke the fight up.

ASGARDIAN HAMMER EMPOWERED HULK & THE THING - during Fear Itself thor was forced to take on the Hulk and The Thing at once, the two at first had the clear advantage pummeling thor across Nyc. until Thor Sent Mjolnir blasting thru The center of The Things Body (the wound would have been fatal if for not Franklin Richards healing him and clearing his body of asgardian possesion)
    Thor and the Hulk then fought to a stand still, thor effectively won by Blasting The Hulk in to space, thor collapsed from Exhaustion moments later

THE SERPENT - in the final battle of fear itself Thor battled The Serpent all father of fear in his dragon form using the twilight sword, after slaying the serpent by driving the sword in to the dragons skull, thor died in odins arms (it is unclear what, if any singular injury was the cause of thor's death)

These don't count as "wins" in my book:

-Galactus: he damages Galactus but ultimately he doesn't do much to him. Impressive feat but no win.

-Silver Surfer: as you claim SS and Thor battled to a standstill. So draw.

-Kuurth (sp?) breaker of worlds: Draw. And Thor himself claims he never could defeat Hulk. Thor falls, Hulk just lands in Transylvania where he faces Dracula, he certainly doesn't seem to have suffered much from the battle.

-The serpent: Draw. They both die in the end.

-Rachel Summers: Draw. Rachel hits him once, then the flow of battle shifts. Unconclusive battle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    These don't count as "wins" in my book:

-Galactus: he damages Galactus but ultimately he doesn't do much to him. Impressive feat but no win.

-Silver Surfer: as you claim SS and Thor battled to a standstill. So draw.

-Kuurth (sp?) breaker of worlds: Draw. And Thor himself claims he never could defeat Hulk. Thor falls, Hulk just lands in Transylvania where he faces Dracula, he certainly doesn't seem to have suffered much from the battle.

-The serpent: Draw. They both die in the end.

-Rachel Summers: Draw. Rachel hits him once, then the flow of battle shifts. Unconclusive battle.
    thats why the win and draws where mixed togethor, only the ones i consider definate losses where separated

Not really. Thor hits her with lighting (while she's fighting Cap America). Rachel blocks his hammer, then upends him. Thor couldn't do anything to Rachel to make it a draw. Even if the fight lasted three seconds, Rachel is the one still standing.

Not really. Thor hits her with lighting (while she's fighting Cap America). Rachel blocks his hammer, then upends him. Thor couldn't do anything to Rachel to make it a draw. Even if the fight lasted three seconds, Rachel is the one still standing.
    Really? Do you really think if that went on 1 vs 1 Rachel would have been the one left standing? And we are talking about an issue where apparently the writer feels it's really important to ignore powerlevels and credibility in order to make the protagonists look good (see Wolverine vs Kid Gladiator...)

Really? Do you really think if that went on 1 vs 1 Rachel would have been the one left standing?
    Does it matter? I'm only going by what happened on page.

*SPOILER*

Apparently, in "Avengers Assemble" Hulk grabs Thor's hammer in his hand (ugh) and knocks him unconscious in one scene (being controlled by Thanos). I'm fearful that it happens in the sequel film.

Also, I posted a panel in another thread showing Thor reacting to the Phoenix Force and hurling its energy/psi attack back at it (Rachel Summers at the time, I think). I'm not sure if the Phoenix Force is more powerful than Thor, but lately Thor's been the #1 jobber around Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    *SPOILER*

Apparently, in "Avengers Assemble" Hulk grabs Thor's hammer in his hand (ugh) and knocks him unconscious in one scene (being controlled by Thanos). I'm fearful that it happens in the sequel film.

Also, I posted a panel in another thread showing Thor reacting to the Phoenix Force and hurling its energy/psi attack back at it (Rachel Summers at the time, I think). I'm not sure if the Phoenix Force is more powerful than Thor, but lately Thor's been the #1 jobber around Marvel.
    the Phoenix Force is Definatly more powerful than Thor

Does it matter? I'm only going by what happened on page.
    By this logic if someone hit Rachel once in that battle and then waltzed away that would be a clear loss for Rachel?