Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default True Blood vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (tv series only)

All out war. Both sides have 1 month prep to prepare in a complete all out war. True Blood has seasons 1-5 against all of Buffy's seasons. Spirits don't have to be destroyed completely and only apply if they can be directly physically destroyed otherwise they aren't fair game. So if Marnie is defeated Antonia is done kinda thing. That's one example.

A Vengeance Demon tricks Jason into making a wish that lets the Buffyverse win in one stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    A Vengeance Demon tricks Jason into making a wish that lets the Buffyverse win in one stroke.
    I want to eliminate any tricks or one shot methods as it eliminates the fun of the thread.

ends in magic vampire sex
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

BANNED

Should really be a stomp for the Buffyverse with prep.

All seasons include Uber-Buffy, Willow/Dark Willow, Glory, Ethan Rayne, Giles, Wesley, Der Kindestod, The Master, Spike, Angel/Angelus, The First Evil, Adam, Olaf the Troll, Gnarl, Snake Mayor Wilkins, Anya/Anyanka, Oz, D'Hoffryn, the Trio, Halfrek, Caleb, an army of thousands of Ubervamps, plus thousands of general fodder vamps and demons etc.

And if we're incorporating the entire BuffyVERSE, Jasmine alone does a hell of a lot of damage to the ranks of the True Blood cast. Then there's the Beast, Illyria, Cyvus Vail, Sahjhan, Gunn, Fred, Connor, Holtz, Marcus Hamilton, Lindsay McDonald, Archduke Sebassis, plus hundreds of general fodder vamps and demons etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    Should really be a stomp for the Buffyverse with prep.

All seasons include Uber-Buffy, Willow/Dark Willow, Glory, Ethan Rayne, Giles, Wesley, Der Kindestod, The Master, Spike, Angel/Angelus, The First Evil, Adam, Olaf the Troll, Gnarl, Snake Mayor Wilkins, Anya/Anyanka, Oz, D'Hoffryn, the Trio, Halfrek, Caleb, an army of thousands of Ubervamps, plus thousands of general fodder vamps and demons etc.

And if we're incorporating the entire BuffyVERSE, Jasmine alone does a hell of a lot of damage to the ranks of the True Blood cast. Then there's the Beast, Illyria, Cyvus Vail, Sahjhan, Gunn, Fred, Connor, Holtz, Marcus Hamilton, Lindsay McDonald, Archduke Sebassis, plus hundreds of general fodder vamps and demons etc.
    I'm not really familiar with the Buffy verse that's why I made the thread. Is it that lopsided despite
    Russell, Maryann, Marnie Stonebrook, (the witches), the faeries and all their powers ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by princegoro4life View Post
    I'm not really familiar with the Buffy verse that's why I made the thread. Is it that lopsided despite
    Russell, Maryann, Marnie Stonebrook, (the witches), the faeries and all their powers ?
    Well I mentioned 4 people capable of warping reality (5 if we're including Vail from the second list), so unless you've got anyone there who can counter that (and I don't think there is), it really would be that lopsided yeah.

And that's bearing in mind that, on top of that, there is RJ whose coat would make all females devote their lives to him on sight, Jasmine (if we're including the second list) who would have all humans and "good" demons under her control on sight, the non-corporeal First Evil who could possess any witch or fairy using magic, several invisible characters, several magic-counterers and characters with time and dimensional powers.

And, to be fair, I haven't even touched the surface there. The sheer number advantage alone would give the True Blood cast one hell of a tough time.

And then the prep of Ethan Rayne, Willow/Dark Willow, Wes, Giles, the Trio etc could only aid them.

Several people in True Blood would also find it difficult to hurt the likes of Glory, the Beast, the Judge, Illyria etc.

I think, for what it's worth, there's a hell of a lot more guns in the Buffyverse too (not that they could hurt vamps with those, but they'd dispatch of the weaker characters quickly).

The First Evil only showed that it could possess magic users if they try to target it with magic, just to note.

But honestly the fact that Ethan Rayne, by himself with a statue of Janus, could turn a mob of random schmucks into a well trained army as long as he found enough costumes, kind of speaks for the Buffyverse's prep potential.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The First Evil only showed that it could possess magic users if they try to target it with magic, just to note.
    Which I'm sure they would be, given that it's on the opposing side of the witches and fairies here.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    But honestly the fact that Ethan Rayne, by himself with a statue of Janus, could turn a mob of random schmucks into a well trained army as long as he found enough costumes, kind of speaks for the Buffyverse's prep potential.
    Ethan Rayne's a beast. Should've been a "big bad" in my opinion.

Higher end TB vamps could certainly rip characters like Buffy, Dark Willow, etc. to pieces before they can react..but that is only without prep. Unfortunately they can't compete with the more powerful magical characters/items if they are given time to plan.

Maybe come next season we'll get some feats for "Billith" that might change the outcome..though I highly doubt it since he'd have to get an utterly massive upgrade.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

The average demon/vampire isn't a match for True Blood vampires, but the higher end demons and demi-gods in Buffy take True Blood down easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    The average demon/vampire isn't a match for True Blood vampires, but the higher end demons and demi-gods in Buffy take True Blood down easily.
    Someone like Russell or Eric might be able to take someone like Glory via glamouring her at super speed.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-06-2012 at 08:15 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Someone like Russell or Eric might be able to take someone like Glory via glamouring her at super speed.
    Glory has her own superspeed, has shown that magic is kind of a bad way to deal with her and is crazy. And when did vampires ever glamour a being that's not human at all?

Also, given a month's prep, the Buffyverse can easily defend against that.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Higher end TB vamps could certainly rip characters like Buffy, Dark Willow, etc. to pieces before they can react
    Dark Willow froze an explosion in time after it started, before it could expand more than a foot or two, and that was before she hit full power. That speaks of pretty high end bullet time reflex casting, so unless these other vampires are getting into a higher tier of super speed, I doubt they're blitzing her.

Superspeed could overcome Willow, but Dark Willow is a different animal.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Dark Willow froze an explosion in time after it started, before it could expand more than a foot or two, and that was before she hit full power. That speaks of pretty high end bullet time reflex casting, so unless these other vampires are getting into a higher tier of super speed, I doubt they're blitzing her.

Superspeed could overcome Willow, but Dark Willow is a different animal.
    Explosions travel at bullet timing speeds? Didn't know that, I guess they can't blitz her.