Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Dude, chillax. It's obvious you don't have anything to call out on Wacker so you're going all grammar nazi, it's better if you simply let it go than go on like this. It's embarrassing the internet.

I think I might just buy two issues of Alpha, just to compensate for you.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    It's hard to credibly object to a character's initial dickery when your favorite hero began with the life philosophy, "Not my problem."
    Ha! Great point!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    True, but Marvel has a LOT of dicks.
    Don't tell Coco!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shade 20x6 View Post
    It isn't a simple misspelling, it's a clear fundamental misunderstanding of the difference. As an editor, you should know better. If you're going to come on here looking down your nose at other people, then don't get all defensive and whiny when they call you out on your mistakes.

/quote]So you're backing away from Ur childish "no one is interested" claim I take it? Attacking me is always a sure sign the poster is embarrassed about what they typed.[/QUOTE

I actually laughed out loud at this one. Attacking other people is pretty much the ONLY THING YOU DO around here. So, by your own admission, you should be embarrassed about what you type. And for once, we actually agree. You should be embarrassed.

Btw, if you can't afford a dictionary, there are plenty of them online for free.

To be fair, pointing out Stephen's flaws doesn't take much effort.

Psssst. You added an extra / mark up there. You should know better. Hang your head in shame.

EDIT: You also left out a comma between 'clear' and 'fundamental'. It just gets worse and worse.
    Last edited by Kevin Nichols; 11-05-2012 at 01:09 AM.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Quote Originally Posted by MorningMoon View Post
    Dude, chillax. It's obvious you don't have anything to call out on Wacker so you're going all grammar nazi, it's better if you simply let it go than go on like this. It's embarrassing the internet.

I think I might just buy two issues of Alpha, just to compensate for you.
    Actually, I've called him out about plenty of "relevant" stuff. But the irony in an editor making multiple errors had to be pointed out, especially when said editor is always putting others down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    Psssst. You added an extra / mark up there. You should know better. Hang your head in shame.
    Yup, my mistake. I tried to edit it after posting it but the forum was having one of its lulls at the time. Good thing I'm not a comic book editor, I guess.

EDIT: You also left out a comma between 'clear' and 'fundamental'. It just gets worse and worse.
    Actually, a comma is unnecessary here.

Back on topic, any guesses as to how many copies this book will sell?

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

It isn't a simple misspelling,
    honestly, yes it is a simple misspell/mistake. Many people clearly understand the fundamental differences between "you're" and "your"... yet they still make the same common mistake from time to time. Usually its the other way around, at least from my experience with seeing it, but it happens every day on these boards. I highly doubt Steve is putting his post through the same editorial filter hed put a writers work through.

As to the straw man argument, its very similar to the one you are using to say that a professional who edits will take the time to thoroughly edit his posts when on a forum passing the time. Its not as if he gets paid to post here. Its an assumption you are making. The same kind of assumption he is making when he looks at your statement and determines a level of sales that accounts for your 'you dont feel the mini will be worth doing' comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    honestly, yes it is a simple misspell/mistake. Many people clearly understand the fundamental differences between "you're" and "your"... yet they still make the same common mistake from time to time. Usually its the other way around, at least from my experience with seeing it, but it happens every day on these boards. I highly doubt Steve is putting his post through the same editorial filter hed put a writers work through.

As to the straw man argument, its very similar to the one you are using to say that a professional who edits will take the time to thoroughly edit his posts when on a forum passing the time. Its not as if he gets paid to post here. Its an assumption you are making. The same kind of assumption he is making when he looks at your statement and determines a level of sales that accounts for your 'you dont feel the mini will be worth doing' comment.
    Fair enough.

Typically, I don't care about typos on general message boards. But since Stephen is constantly challenging others' intelligence, as he did here to me, I feel it only fair to return the favor when he slips up.

Veteran Member

Fair enough.

Typically, I don't care about typos on general message boards. But since Stephen is constantly challenging others' intelligence, as he did here to me, I feel it only fair to return the favor when he slips up.
    My grammar errors are accidents (that I'm pretty indifferent to , to be honest).

Your errors are from you believing unfactual things or flat-out making things up.

Anyway, do you stand by your contention that "no one" is interested inthis comic? And that we will sell no copies?

SW

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    My grammar errors are accidents (that I'm pretty indifferent to , to be honest).

Your errors are from you believing unfactual things or flat-out making things up.

Anyway, do you stand by your contention that "no one" is interested inthis comic? And that we will sell no copies?

SW
    I never said that you would sell zero copies. That's your straw man showing.
    Last edited by Shade 20x6; 11-05-2012 at 12:17 PM.

What do you think "no one" literally means, Professor?
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Yes you did. You said "no one" would buy it. Dude, you really are starting to grasp at straws and are making yourself look foolish. I know you are not a fool from other conversations we have had but when it comes to this quest you are on to "get" Wacker, you only make yourself look bad. If you don't like the guy---and I can surmise you don't---ignore him. Life goes on.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Veteran Member

"Nobody wants to read about Alpha." - You.

Anyway, I win that round, but enough of that.

Honest question: as you seem to have read a lot of comics and have some hard core opinions...what sort of books are you looking for? What kind of things would get you interested in this character? Or any new character?

SW

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

You said this:

Nobody wants to read about Alpha.
    That indicates that you feel nobody wants to read it. That's a Zero for number of interested people. If no one is interested, no one buys it. If that's not what you meant, it is what you said and is not a straw man argument. It may not be a blockbuster in sales, but its likely to sell enough to justify its creation (ie: pay for its costs) and make a small profit... otherwise why would they green light it?

I like it when people complain about an unknown book's existence while instead suggesting the production of properties that are PROVEN failures.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Makes me think its still Peter. Why else would he be in an alpha book
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Yes you did. You said "no one" would buy it. Dude, you really are starting to grasp at straws and are making yourself look foolish. I know you are not a fool from other conversations we have had but when it comes to this quest you are on to "get" Wacker, you only make yourself look bad. If you don't like the guy---and I can surmise you don't---ignore him. Life goes on.
    Quote where I said that "no one will buy this comic."