Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Frog View Post
    Alfalfa doesn't need his Parkerticle Powers restored; Because he never lost them. Spidey drained a lot of the accumulated Parkerticle's from Alfalfa; Greatly weakening Him, But Alfalfa's powers are intact and will continue to grow.
    I know, what i'm saying is that with his powers building up again, it'd be a good chance to say that something's CHANGED because SCIENCE and so his power set won't be the same.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

I liked Slott's Alpha story, so I'll definitely be picking this up. I'm interested to see where the character goes.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    I liked Slott's Alpha story, so I'll definitely be picking this up. I'm interested to see where the character goes.
    Well that's one sale Wacker. Touché

Quote Originally Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic View Post
    I agree with you. I could care less about an alpha mini series and honestly don't get why this has to be made when he's a D grade character. If marvel wants a mini series do it but find a better team or character to do it on. Don't try beating a dead horse thinking it will move. Will some people buy the alpha series undoubtedly will it be selling like hot cakes? Most likely no. Probably it will just fade into obscurity like dozens of other mini series
    Alpha did get mainstream news coverage. So I could understand the decision to commission the mini-series.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

At the end of the day, it's a five issue mini.

Worst case scenario, Alpha gets put to the side for a few years until someone else takes a crack at him. But he'll be pretty well established within the span of a year, which is no small feat.

And I wouldn't bet against Fialkov.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

I think the problem is that the kid is a total douche. I'm sure it was the point of Slott's story, but why reward the kid who abuses his powers and used women like sex objects? Slott ingrained the kid with cockiness and no resposibilities whatsoever. He has no tragic story in his past or anything......just some "loner" who got powers then slept with as many popular girls as he could and shoved it right in the jocks faces (which is something all of us would possibly do, but thats besides the point) and he didn't even stick up for any of the other loner students or dorks or whatever. We're about to read a book about some self righteous self spoiled brat. This is a mix between Striker (from Avengers Academy) and Hardball (initiative) without the likeability.

Maybe the five issue mini will provide something for people to care about the character, but as of now he should've been the first character put in Avengers Arena. (I don't even care whether he dies or not, it would just give him a reason for people to possibly root for him)

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    I think the problem is that the kid is a total douche. I'm sure it was the point of Slott's story, but why reward the kid who abuses his powers and used women like sex objects? Slott ingrained the kid with cockiness and no resposibilities whatsoever. He has no tragic story in his past or anything......just some "loner" who got powers then slept with as many popular girls as he could and shoved it right in the jocks faces (which is something all of us would possibly do, but thats besides the point) and he didn't even stick up for any of the other loner students or dorks or whatever. We're about to read a book about some self righteous self spoiled brat. This is a mix between Striker (from Avengers Academy) and Hardball (initiative) without the likeability.

Maybe the five issue mini will provide something for people to care about the character, but as of now he should've been the first character put in Avengers Arena. (I don't even care whether he dies or not, it would just give him a reason for people to possibly root for him)
    His home life was a tragedy of sorts. His parents didn't care about him until he was a ticket to fame and fortune. They all learned a lesson by the story's end.

How much they learned remains to be seen!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Some of the greatest stories ever told have been about jerks. Ebenezer Scrooge was a complete dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee H View Post
    Some of the greatest stories ever told have been about jerks. Ebenezer Scrooge was a complete dick.
    It's hard to credibly object to a character's initial dickery when your favorite hero began with the life philosophy, "Not my problem."

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MorningMoon View Post
    I know, what i'm saying is that with his powers building up again, it'd be a good chance to say that something's CHANGED because SCIENCE and so his power set won't be the same.
    That makes sense, Marvel should probably tone his powers down bit if they want this guy to last. All powerful Superman type characters bore me.

For the record, I am only comparing power levels, I am not claiming that Alfalfa could fit into Supes shoes.
    Last edited by Spider-Frog; 11-04-2012 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Too much chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Alpha did get mainstream news coverage. So I could understand the decision to commission the mini-series.
    When? Not to sound like a Jerk or anything but the only reason I knew who alpha was before he appeared in AMS is by finding him by accident on the web when I was looking up covers for new issues didn't hear a word about him on mainstream news coverage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee H View Post
    True, but Marvel has a LOT of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    True, but Marvel has a LOT of dicks.
    I think this joke from Team America might add something important to the whole alpha issue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cV_q-mVAAA

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post

That's a good argument... for why ASM's 50th anniversary issue sucked.
    That was all Slott's story, and it was a piece of crap. But this mini will be Fialkov's tale of a guy who had the biggest power level in Marvel and got it all stripped away by Spider-man, wouldn't be surprised if Alpha learned about humility and stuff before the mini even starts and so we get a great story of a teen exploring his powers and the responsibilities tied to them.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    I misspelled your on a message board! Oh no! Please don't tell the guys!!
    It isn't a simple misspelling, it's a clear fundamental misunderstanding of the difference. As an editor, you should know better. If you're going to come on here looking down your nose at other people, then don't get all defensive and whiny when they call you out on your mistakes.

So you're backing away from Ur childish "no one is interested" claim I take it? Attacking me is always a sure sign the poster is embarrassed about what they typed.
    I actually laughed out loud at this one. Attacking other people is pretty much the ONLY THING YOU DO around here. So, by your own admission, you should be embarrassed about what you type. And for once, we actually agree. You should be embarrassed.

Btw, if you can't afford a dictionary, there are plenty of them online for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    That 20x6 guy isn't even trying anymore.
    To be fair, pointing out Stephen's flaws doesn't take much effort.
    Last edited by Shade 20x6; 11-05-2012 at 04:39 AM.