Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Huh. A character a know and care nothing about, but Fialkov has earned the benefit of my doubt with I, Vampire. I guess I'll be picking this up.
    Be a fan of the creators, not the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    So does this mean no more I, Vampire?
    A writer can do more than one book at a time (ask Brian Michael Bendis, amirite?), and I, Vampire just got a prize or something so it's safe from DC's death sentence.

A wise man once said that there are no bad characters, and with Fialkov's talent, I can see Alpha turning into a cool leaf.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MorningMoon View Post
    A writer can do more than one book at a time (ask Brian Michael Bendis, amirite?), and I, Vampire just got a prize or something so it's safe from DC's death sentence.

A wise man once said that there are no bad characters, and with Fialkov's talent, I can see Alpha turning into a cool leaf.
    i wouldnt say that.... a prize and critical acclaim arent sales. DC doesnt seem to be floating many books that fail at the sales department for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    i wouldnt say that.... a prize and critical acclaim arent sales. DC doesnt seem to be floating many books that fail at the sales department for too long.
    Hm, good point, still has better chances than other books in the bottom of the sale-chain.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MorningMoon View Post
    Hm, good point, still has better chances than other books in the bottom of the sale-chain.
    now thats true. So far Hawkman and I vampire have been the lowest to survive though.....

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeKnight729 View Post

The Savage Wolverine, Wolverine and the X-Men, Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, and All-New X-Men.
    In other words, Wolverine is tied with Captain America and Iron Man. Then again, it's possible for him to play a role in whatever that "Uncanny" teaser is for.
    Don't forget Astonishing X-Men, X-Treme X-Men (may be an alternate Wolverine but its still Wolverine) and possibly Legacy.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 11-02-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken, there was something about I, Vampire being a NYT bestseller as a TPB.

It was probably smart on DC's part to release it right around Halloween! Fialkov deserves the success. Guy's awesome. I'm sure he'll knock this mini out of the park too.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    You say this about everything we publish. As a publisher or editor you'd be a coward.

Don't worry so much. We're just not led by fear as much as you are. It'll all be okay.

SW
    Actually, I have been a strong advocate of Marvel trying new things (seriously, do you even read what people post before you rip them?), as long as the idea is a good one. That's why I'm cautiously optimistic about SSM.

Nobody wants to read about Alpha. With as much time as you spend trolling message boards, you'd think you'd know that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade 20x6 View Post
    Nobody wants to read about Alpha. With as much time as you spend trolling message boards, you'd think you'd know that already.
    1) I do, thanks.

2) With as much as we've learned collectively as a species about statistics, you'd think you'd know that message boards are not an accurate cross-section of all comic readers.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Veteran Member

Actually, I have been a strong advocate of Marvel trying new things (seriously, do you even read what people post before you rip them?), as long as the idea is a good one. That's why I'm cautiously optimistic about SSM.

Oh noes! That means we'll sell ZERO copies! I'll probably get fired!

And fear not...this isn't trolling, but I am very familiar with your posts. I downright love to read your inconsistent, ignorant, laugh inducing diatribes. Please don't stop.

SW

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Oh noes! That means we'll sell ZERO copies! I'll probably get fired!

And fear not...this isn't trolling, but I am very familiar with your posts. I downright love to read your inconsistent, ignorant, laugh inducing diatribes. Please don't stop.

SW
    It's cute that you think people don't see through your desperate straw man arguments.

I guess you are consistent, at least -- consistently full of it.
    Last edited by Shade 20x6; 11-02-2012 at 09:53 PM.

On Vacation

Yah I don't see how Alpha is going to be any good at all. His powers are kind of medicore. and even if he changes his personality it will be completely unrealistic. I don't want to compare Miles Morales with Alpha because Miles is awesome and Alpha is not but the reason Miles is so successful is because he had a full year to develop his personality and he passed the one year mark. Even if Alpha changes it will be too abrupt and noone will care.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Don't forget Astonishing X-Men, X-Treme X-Men (may be an alternate Wolverine but its still Wolverine) and possibly Legacy.
    I forgot Astonishing, didn't think he'd have much to do with Legacy, and didn't mention X-Treme precisely because it's an alternate version. By that logic, we should count the Ultimate Universe for the number of books Captain America and Iron Man are in.

It's cute that you think people don't see through your desperate straw man arguments.

Considering someone right above you said they wanted to read Alpha, which automatically made your "point" invalid, perhaps you can throw away the "above it all" nonsense and show a little respect.

On top of that, you can add me to the people who will purchase this. While I wasn't huge on the Alpha arc, it was fun enough and I think the character has potential. The writer on this also has interested me.

Veteran Member

I don't think you know what most of those words mean.

You're prediction is that we will sell ZERO copies since "no one" is interested. I guess we will see.

SW