Page 36 of 102 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

I'm sorry but this sounds like a joke Jamie Fox while being a great actor I think would just kill all credibility for the film it's like putting Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Falcon in Captain america winter soldier though I got to admit seeing him sweaty as all hell and desperately flapping his wings trying to stay in the air while yelling at cap "RUN GET TO DA CHOPPER!!!" Would be funny as hell
    Last edited by The Angry Comic Book Critic; 11-04-2012 at 05:28 PM.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic View Post
    I'm sorry but this sounds like a joke Jamie Fox while being a great actor I think would just kill all credibility for the film it's like putting Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Falcon in Captain america winter soldier though I got to admit seeing him sweaty as all hell and desperately flapping his wings trying to stay in the air while yelling at cap "RUN GET TO DA CHOPPER!!!" Would be funny as hell
    An oscar winner will kill the credibility of a Spider-man movie?
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    Happened to Batman.

Haven't really seen much with him but if he's a good actor cool. Dunno how I feel about such a non-deep villain as electro being the movie villain. That being said.

I would have preferred a white actor just because I like my comic movies to be as similar to the comics as possible. I'd rather a black person play black panther just as much as i'd like a white person playing peter parker. not like it would kill the movie either way but thats just how i feel with that

hope they're saving goblin for three. obvious oscorp buildup
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    Doesn't matter if there an oscar winner or not but, it would certainly take away from the suspension of disbelief for me because I can't possibly see Jamie Foxx as electro he's just to famous an actor and wouldn't work in the context of the film. Don't get me wrong I like Jamie Foxx he did a great job in Ray and I'm looking forward to seeing his next film Django but for me he's a bad choice to be electro

Doesn't matter if there an oscar winner or not but, it would certainly take away from the suspension of disbelief for me because I can't possibly see Jamie Foxx as electro he's just to famous an actor and wouldn't work in the context of the film. Don't get me wrong I like Jamie Foxx he did a great job in Ray and I'm looking forward to seeing his next film Django but for me he's a bad choice to be electro
    Ok, but why? Molina was a famous actor and did a great Ock. Ed Norton is a famous actor and did an Ok Banner. I can see Fox doing a great job, especially if the Electro they use is something of a tragic hero. Or, alternatively, if he is teh character you see in The Gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by wayfarejourneyman View Post
    Ok, but why? Molina was a famous actor and did a great Ock. Ed Norton is a famous actor and did an Ok Banner. I can see Fox doing a great job, especially if the Electro they use is something of a tragic hero. Or, alternatively, if he is teh character you see in The Gauntlet.
    Yeah but when they did those roles they weren't extremely well know at that point to the mainstream movie goer hell I didn't even know who Molina was till after spider-man 2 same goes for Norton. Jamie foxx doesn't have the right look to be electro and he doesn't have that loser factor that Electro needs Eli Roth I could see as a good electro because he has that loser factor in film as well as the arrogance needed to play him provided he doesn't go over board with it.

Yeah but when they did those roles they weren't extremely well know at that point to the mainstream movie goer hell I didn't even know who Molina was till after spider-man 2 same goes for Norton. Jamie foxx doesn't have the right look to be electro and he doesn't have that loser factor that Electro needs Eli Roth I could see as a good electro because he has that loser factor in film as well as the arrogance needed to play him provided he doesn't go over board with it.
    Just because you didnt know them doesnt mean they werent well known, go look at both their Wikis and see what they have done.

Anway, waiting for Black Electro to be popping soon so they can make a bunch of DC jokes.

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

It is unlikely that they would portray Electro as a Thug/Loser as he is in the comic books. This is almost certainly a one off appearance for the character in this chapter of the franchise.

My guess is that they are going to portray Electro as extremely menacing. It is possible that they may steal a page from Raimi and try to make him a sympathetic character. Personally, I prefer menacing. Either way, Foxx has the chops to pull it off.

I still think Electro is a poor choice for the Villain; At least by himself.
    Last edited by Spider-Frog; 11-05-2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: This is a shocking development.

Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post
    Haven't really seen much with him but if he's a good actor cool. Dunno how I feel about such a non-deep villain as electro being the movie villain. That being said.

I would have preferred a white actor just because I like my comic movies to be as similar to the comics as possible. I'd rather a black person play black panther just as much as i'd like a white person playing peter parker. not like it would kill the movie either way but thats just how i feel with that

hope they're saving goblin for three. obvious oscorp buildup
    I can't think of any story in which Electro's race mattered at all, so I have no objection to having the character be played by a black actor.

There are several differences with a hypothetical situation in which you have a white actor playing Black Panther.

First, there have been numerous stories in which Black Panther's race has mattered.

And there is an abundance of white comic book characters. That really isn't true of black comic book characters. While some might claim that Rocket Racer and Cardiac are on par with Electro, Mysterio and Kraven, I don't think that's the case. And I prefer an alternative to limiting the pool of Spider-Man antagonists to white actors.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I can't think of any story in which Electro's race mattered at all, so I have no objection to having the character be played by a black actor.

There are several differences with a hypothetical situation in which you have a white actor playing Black Panther.

First, there have been numerous stories in which Black Panther's race has mattered.

And there is an abundance of white comic book characters. That really isn't true of black comic book characters. While some might claim that Rocket Racer and Cardiac are on par with Electro, Mysterio and Kraven, I don't think that's the case. And I prefer an alternative to limiting the pool of Spider-Man antagonists to white actors.
    I'm just happy you mentioned Cardiac. My campaign of Cardiac Awarness seems to be working.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

I'm not sure if I can picture Foxx suiting the role, but I'll just wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicsMilan View Post
    I'm not sure if I can picture Foxx suiting the role, but I'll just wait and see.
    How many pictured the gay cowboy as the Joker?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    How many pictured the gay cowboy as the Joker?
    HA, I used to call TDK: "Broken-Bat Mountain". Anyway, My objection to Heath Ledger at the time was because I thought he was too young and too inexperienced to effectively portray the Joker's chaotic insanity.

Boy, Was I wrong. They probably should have called TDK: "The Joker"

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Foxx gets a pass from me in anything because he was in "Collateral" and "Collateral" is awesome. Would get a kick out of him as a bad guy in a Spidey flick. In fact, I think he woulda freakin' killed it if they did Ultimate Prowler / Uncle Aaron from UCSM. Of course, there's no stopping them taking some aspects of that character into Electro in ASM 2. (but, wacky wacky multi-movie down the line theory, maybe they will if they bump off Peter Parker in, like, movie 8 and throw in Miles Morales). But, I'm interested anyway because, like I said, Foxx is a good actor and even if the character is by the numbers simplistic you can still see him finding small moments of gold in between the cracks (Ifans managed to pull that out in ASM, his "Great things are happening, Peter!" *backwards kick out the door* is one of my favourite actorly bits of business he does in the movie).

Also holding out small pet theory that Electro is not the main main baddie, or maybe he is and then WHAM! Gobby comes in for the third act to toss Gwen Stacy off a bridge.