Page 35 of 102 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Yikes. Electro? By himself? I can't remember when has it taken more than a single fight for Spider-Man to handle him. That goes double for the Ultimate version, he's a dumb stooge. I'm already feeling sorry for Jamie Foxx, to go for this one.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

at the end of the movie when thunder hit and the old guy shows up is that Vulture?
    I thought the thunder hinted at Electro and the old man was Vulture and immediately went SINISTER SIX!!! :D
    but Jamie Foxx... I dunno, I really like Foxx as an actor but I hate Electro with a passion, kinda wish he got a bigger role :( I wonder who's going to play Rhino, Mysterio, and Doc Oc

They could make him closer to how he was portrayed in Spectacular Spider-Man, where he was a bit of a tragic villain rather than just a bank robbing thug. Or just go the Ultimate route and make him a cool mercenary with electric powers.

Quote Originally Posted by okpanic View Post
    Seems like a bad fit to me. Jamie Foxx as an actor is an animated kind of guy, and as a person seems to sit somewhere between over the top entertainer and a guy an inch away from ego overload. I can't see him playing the Electro in the comics straight or imposing enough, honestly.
    There was a time when Electro was imposing?

Not a fan of Foxx or Electro. This definitely tempers my optimism for the movie.

If they're wanting to use a villain that hasn't been used before on-screen, Mysterio would be a much better choice.

I think this is a good choice. Electro is very much a blank state. It is hard to step on anybody's toes when working with him, meaning the writers can mold him to suit the story however they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    I think this is a good choice. Electro is very much a blank state. It is hard to step on anybody's toes when working with him, meaning the writers can mold him to suit the story however they wish.
    Has anyone read the Spider-Man script James Cameron was attached too waaaaaaay back in the day pre-Fox X-men? In that one Electro was the main villain but the character was nothing like the comic book version. He was like Kingpin with electrical powers.

The most appealing thing about Electro is how his powers would look on screen and not his mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Every time he confronts fat people and invalids.

Not old ladies, though, Aunt May basically pwned him last time they met.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    They could make him closer to how he was portrayed in Spectacular Spider-Man, where he was a bit of a tragic villain rather than just a bank robbing thug. Or just go the Ultimate route and make him a cool mercenary with electric powers.
    Seriously, this! I'd be cool if the newer films took inspiration from the show, just like the Raimi ones did from the 90's one. They did a great job with Electro there.

If they do Ultimate, should they stick with Electro's first form. I'm not sure how his second, energy being form would go with the film's semi-realistic and gritty tone.

*Witty User Title Here* linkspirit97's Avatar

Maybe he's just a lackey?

Foxx is a great actor... I think he will be a great choice as Electro!

The Electro in the movie probably won't be anything like the comic version. I'm sure after he is "modernized" with a new backstory, those of us that like the character won't
    even recognize him. Foxx will probably do a great job in this regard, since it will basically be a made-up villain. Electro could be a great choice though. His power set makes
    him one of the most powerful bad guys. He's just always been a dumbass.
    On another note, it's pretty clear that the Marvel movies (especially the Sony ones) don't really care about being consistent with the comics. To me it's not worth
    getting worked up and I just try to ignore the disregard being shown. At least this way other folks get a little glimpse of our world.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Harharhar- yes.

But whether you agree or not, the point stands that especially in a movie, you need somebody who can play a villain villainously.

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

This movie needs the Vulture. Electro and the Vulture could work if you skip their origin stories and briefly establish that they work for Osborn and received their abilities and tech from him. We Nerds already know their origin stories and the general public doesn't really care where they came from.

Wow.
    Double cool news.
    First by Electro being in the sequel of the Spider-Man movie and because Fox is in talks to play that classic villain.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.