Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

DC rejected his Nightwing pitch. A lot of people suspect those ideas are part of his Daredevil run now.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    DC rejected his Nightwing pitch. A lot of people suspect those ideas are part of his Daredevil run now.
    sometimes I wonder why DC hates its creative talent...
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

BANNED

Yeah I don't even know. Waid for me is hit and miss, but he "gets" the characters at the very least and is such a huge fan, it's kind of a shame. Then again, he also contributes to the bridge burning with all the shit he stays online.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Doubtful. The work that he's doing on Daredevil would never work on Nightwing.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

A Brian Wood and Cameron Stewart version of Countdown would be a masterpiece. I'd eagerly anticipate any work of theirs on say, INC, RHatO, Titans or Supergirl. So I'd change the creative teams of books I like. Them on Legion would be cool too.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

I've never really been that keen on Rucka's work and I'm not anxious to see him back. He seems mostly interested in writing female-centred books with troubled protagonists who bore me. His independent work was mostly Queen and Country and Whiteout, both starring women. His Tec (co-starring Sasha Bordeaux), DCU (starring Renee Montoya), Death and the Maidens (starring Nyssa) and Punisher work (co-starring Rachel Cole) don't move the needle for me at all.

I can't remember any Batman stories he's written which had much to say about Bruce Wayne, which is pretty rare for a supposed top-level talent.
    Last edited by cactusmaac; 11-03-2012 at 02:58 AM.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by cactusmaac View Post
    I can't remember any Batman stories he's written which had much to say about Bruce Wayne,
    I do. But unfortunately, what it had to say about Bruce Wayne was bad things. If Rucka got another shot at Batman, I would not even pick it up to leaf through.

On the other hand, I love his independent work like Q&C and Stumptown, and his other DC stuff like the Batwoman run in Detective. I don't mind female-centered books. I find them a breath of fresh air, especially when they are as well-written as his have been. And I've enjoyed most of his novels, particularly Shooting at Midnight. He also turned me on to Sandbaggers in an interview I listened to, for which I will be eternally grateful.

It's only his Batman work I really didn't like. But hey, that's only one thing, so he's still got a pretty good average with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    The Savage Hawkman - You've already made this a book about aliens; it's not the choice I would have made but you made it, so go whole hog and make it an alien book. Why are their weapons so primitive looking? What kind of technology do they use? What is the structure of their society? Alan Moore had some ideas in Swamp Thing, and I'll bet someone like Jeff Parker (who has been doing work for DC digital, so he's available!) has some ideas now. If not Parker, then make this Justin Jordan's book; he certainly excels at the hyper macho style I see this book being.
    As a big Katar/Shayera/Hawkworld fan, I'm glad they've taken the book in this direction, even if some consider it a step backward. I just wish they'd done so with more capable writers; at this point it's too little too late, and I'm pretty sure it's days are numbered.

Suicide Squad - I think this is selling decently for what it is, but I find it to be rather ho hum. Give it back to Gail Simone. Let her tailor the cast to whatever she wants, be it Secret Six or what have you. Easily the best thing she has ever written, completely criminal that she wasn't allowed to continue.

Phantom Stranger - I actually think Didio is on here to a purpose, what with it leading into Trinity War, but once all of that is done give the book to someone with an ethereal, contemplative sensibility. A perfect book for Rozum, actually.
    Agree 100% on both!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Batgirl needs a new writer, any sales bump is Ed Benes art.
    Or maybe a little story called "Death of the Family"...?

BANNED

The issue is, of course, that what sold then does not sell NOW.

Mike Grell's Warlord was once a hugely popular title for DC; it literally helped keep them afloat for a while.

Warlord was recently given two separate shots, one with Mike Grell as both writer and occasional artist, and neither lasted longer than 12 issues as I recall.
    Warlord is your example to prove your point? If you're going to compare niche books with no wider audience, why not use 'Mazing Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Poe1809 View Post
    Warlord is your example to prove your point? If you're going to compare niche books with no wider audience, why not use 'Mazing Man?
    'Amazing Man was never a blockbuster.

Point being, what is popular in one era is not necessarily popular in the next.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

'Amazing Man was never a blockbuster.

Point being, what is popular in one era is not necessarily popular in the next.
    That is true, but simply saying "Meh, I don't think anyone wants this kind of book" based on your own personal opinion is a bit ridiculous.

By the way, 'Mazing Man and Amazing Man, two completely different things.

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

After all these creative team changes, the ones still in need are:

Catwoman
    Batgirl
    Worlds' Finest
    Superman
    Teen Titans
    Nightwing
    Batman &...
    The Dark Knight
    Superboy-Unlike the rest not writing (it's already getting another one) but art
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...

The writer and artist on Flash.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    The writer and artist on Flash.
    What?????????
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...