Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Why would Palpatine trying to focus on a small object reduce the odds of Voldemort going "Die!" first? If anything, that should increase his odds.
    Size matters not, even though that's obviously shown false by the movies since it's alot more effort to move the big things.

Logically why would the guy thinking about a small piece of wood and then moving his hand a bit move slower than the guy whipping the wand out and having to get it up and aim it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

Quote Originally Posted by K Von Doom View Post
    Would Palpatine be able to block shooting spells like AK or Expelliarmus with his light sabre?
    Is Palpatine's TK grab powerful enough to stop Voldemort from either talking or apparating away?
    Can Voldemort resist the jedi mind trick?
    Does Voldemort have any way of deflecting force lightning?
    The first would make Palpatine lose his lightsaber and then die anyway from a second spell, the second is a yes, the third is a yes and the fourth is a yes.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Size matters not, even though that's obviously shown false by the movies since it's alot more effort to move the big things.

Logically why would the guy thinking about a small piece of wood and then moving his hand a bit move slower than the guy whipping the wand out and having to get it up and aim it?
    Simple, wandless, wordless TK is in Voldemort's purview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UunqBAHBDo8 1:29 (Yes, I know Dumbledore does it, but if you seriously don't think that's something Voldemort can do ...)

That's enough to suggest that Palpatine would at least have to put a little bit of oomph into his Force Pull, and that's enough time for Voldemort to kill him in a lot of creative ways.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabbitHole View Post
    Simple, wandless, wordless TK is in Voldemort's purview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UunqBAHBDo8 1:29 (Yes, I know Dumbledore does it, but if you seriously don't think that's something Voldemort can do ...)

That's enough to suggest that Palpatine would at least have to put a little bit of oomph into his Force Pull, and that's enough time for Voldemort to kill him in a lot of creative ways.
    You can't use Dumbledore's feats and apply it to Voldemort. It doesn't matter what we think he could do; he has to show it. Having said that, Voldemort does show TK at least once (when he used it to disarm Harry) but it's nowhere close to Palpatine's TK.

So yeah, it comes down to a quickdraw.

Seeing as he does have the TK ability on his own, he still would have to hold his wand still with it while doing said things, while the guy who can fling van-sized things around while laughing is trying to put the wand through his skull. Even if it's the 'Knock the guy across the room' TK that most Jedi throw around in the middle of fights during the prequels, that's going to take alot of effort from Voldy, and aiming the wand will be nearly impossible assuming he has enough strength to hold onto it.

I've always agreed with the Quickdraw, but I give the benefit of 6/4 lets say to Palpy due to the issue of Aim vs TK. I think he's smart enough to go for the source of his enemy's power considering common knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    You can't use Dumbledore's feats and apply it to Voldemort. It doesn't matter what we think he could do; he has to show it. Having said that, Voldemort does show TK at least once (when he used it to disarm Harry) but it's nowhere close to Palpatine's TK.
    We say Vader can block blaster bolts with his eyes closed because Luke can do it and because it's part of Jedi training. I think this is a very similar situation.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Well, force prediction and dodging could potentially get Palps away from an AK whilst his TK isn't something that needs to be aimed to the same degree... I'd say Sidious has a slight advantage.

Of course as far as quickdraw goes, I'm reasonably sure Tom has better reflex feats going by comments from earlier rumbles with him.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Depends, are we allowing Voldemort his ghost form again?
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Honestly... if you consider Palpatine's feat of blitzing the people with the fight against Windu legitimate (as-in, an actual blitz and not them standing still and dying for no reason) then I doubt Voldemort has a speed advantage, even if you consider him blocking spells after they are fired, etc.

Beyond that, Palpatine needs to be able to hit him with something that has no travel-time, or no beam at the very least...

~Shrugs~ Sounds pretty even, barring the belief of the speed. I mean, he was meant to be keeping up with Yoda, who was clearly the fastest person in the series so it makes sense... but lots of people hate that fight so yeah... I dunno.
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
    - That is all.

We say Vader can block blaster bolts with his eyes closed because Luke can do it and because it's part of Jedi training. I think this is a very similar situation.
    No, if Vader has no feats for blocking blaster bolts then doesn't get them. Luke blocking blaster bolts is irrelevant in regards to Vader.

But..Vader blocks a bolt with his hand. Why he could he not do so with his lightsaber? We at least have a feat of the guy reacting enough to block one.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-05-2012 at 07:56 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Actually, we say Vader can block blaster bolts with his eyes closed because he has actually done that.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Actually, we say Vader can block blaster bolts with his eyes closed because he has actually done that.
    I thought his eyes were open... well... in a helmet at least...
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Depends on if Voldemort can Apparate without a wand and/or while stuck in a force-hold, among other things.

Have to go with the quickdraw on this one as well.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    Depends on if Voldemort can Apparate without a wand and/or while stuck in a force-hold, among other things.

Have to go with the quickdraw on this one as well.
    I'm not sure if anyone can apparate without a wand..I remember in the last book Harry wondering if a woman who was being persecuted by the Ministry for "stealing magic" or whatever they were accusing non-purebloods of he wondered about it but was afraid to ask because if the answer was no then she probably didn't escape the Ministry.

Though if he could apparate without a wand I don't see a forcefield preventing it.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.