Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

So.... When will Hulk/Wolverine story continue? It's over? Is this series just gonna be a bunch of random teamups where they don't finish the story until later on down the road?

Gotta love Rulky.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

A fairly underwhelming issue but nothing terrible. Didn't feel like I wasted my $ exactly but I doubt if I'll stick around for subsequent issues. It'll depend on the creators/characters involved and how heavy or light my pull list is that week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiraly#1 View Post
    So.... When will Hulk/Wolverine story continue? It's over? Is this series just gonna be a bunch of random teamups where they don't finish the story until later on down the road?
    According to the solicit issue #2 has nothing to do with issue #1...so yeah no finishing stories.

Sneak Peek: A+X #2
    Spider-Man and Beast come together on this cover by Kaare Andrews!
    Posted Aug 14, 2012 5:06 pm
    Updated Aug 15, 2012 3:08 pm

A+X #2 cover by Kaare Andrews A+X #2
    Written by KAARE ANDREWS & PETER DAVID
    Art by KAARE ANDREWS & MIKE DEL MUNDO
    Cover by KAARE ANDREWS

• Spider-Man and Beast fight zombies in a story by Kaare Andrews!
    • Iron Man, Kitty Pryde and Lockheed fight the Brood in a story by Peter David and Mike Del Mundo!
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    ? he didn't ignore anything. He used a future version of him in one page that contradicted nothing except the status of his moustache.
    Stop using facts, please.
    Overly emotional people don't know what to do with those.

But yeah, I liked it, thought it was fun, it was nice to see Maestro again. I also wonder when down the road they'll continue with this story (Might even be a set-up for something being done in another book?)

I will say this, in each of the two stories, time travel was the common denominator.

In the first case, Cable is chasing Addicus Trask around, who is trying to seed Sentinels into various timelines to make sure mutants are destroyed early. It is a 1970's version, with computer punch cards and knee pads, and he feeds punch cards into the giant Sentinel to activate it. Makes you recall that time jump Cable made to destroy the Avengers in X-Sanction, too. Remember that, when Cable thought Hope was going to be ruined so she couldn't take the Phoenix and the Earth would be burnt to a crisp? Why in hell would Cable chase kid Trask around? Those Sentinels were pretty useless, even recalling another time jump story in UXM 512, where Sebastion Shaw makes a Sentinel in 1906, too.

In the second case, it is Maestro and Old Man Logan who are looking for Red Hulk in Avengers Tower, to kill him, so the Future Red Hulk can be sure the future doesn't turn out with Rulk in the White House. Whats interesting here as that Rulk made it into the White House in WWH's but was defeated by the Hulk and kicked out. It seems Gen Ross in an alternative time line stayed as President, and the result was a very unsavory USA, so he wanted to eliminate himself to eradicate that possibility. I guess a Nazi Future didn't particularly attract Gen Ross under his own regime. My thoughts are Rulk eliminated Hulk and the other Super Heroes and then the Skrulls came back, and he was screwed, so, better dead than Skrull.
    Last edited by jackolover; 11-03-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

I quite enjoyed the two stories. Even though neither of them are likely to be followed up upon any time soon, neither one set anything up that requires any immediate follow up, but could be used by other writers sometime in the future.

This issue was good, a steady start.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mindworm View Post
    Not a very exciting issue! I will try out the Marvel Now! titles when they appear, but I doubt this one will get on my pull-list! Having two stories at 10 and 11 pages just doesn’t do it, things get rushed, and I got a feeling that the story is over before it has really begun!
    Using a bunch of exclamation marks won't make it more exciting.
    "That's the thing about the Phoenix. There always has to be destruction... Before rebirth. " - Scott Summers

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Using a bunch of exclamation marks won't make it more exciting.
    I chuckled at that.

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    In the second case, it is Maestro and Old Man Logan who are looking for Red Hulk in Avengers Tower, to kill him, so the Future Red Hulk can be sure the future doesn't turn out with Rulk in the White House. Whats interesting here as that Rulk made it into the White House in WWH's but was defeated by the Hulk and kicked out. It seems Gen Ross in an alternative time line stayed as President, and the result was a very unsavory USA, so he wanted to eliminate himself to eradicate that possibility. I guess a Nazi Future didn't particularly attract Gen Ross under his own regime. My thoughts are Rulk eliminated Hulk and the other Super Heroes and then the Skrulls came back, and he was screwed, so, better dead than Skrull.
    Who says that future red is Ross?
    In X-Sanction when Cable came back in time, he thought red was Talbot. Maybe this is playing on that? Talbot's back and trying to kill Ross?

Quote Originally Posted by Treqqor View Post
    Who says that future red is Ross?
    In X-Sanction when Cable came back in time, he thought red was Talbot. Maybe this is playing on that? Talbot's back and trying to kill Ross?
    Good catch. Loeb is writing that Rulk story, as well as this one, so all the time travel may have some significance.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.