Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 310
  1. #286
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,304

    Default

    You can get your 616 Peter Parker, don't be melodramatic Heroid.

    You could start watching Ultimate Spider-Man season 2 to get your Ultimate Peter Parker fix.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  2. #287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    You can get your 616 Peter Parker, don't be melodramatic Heroid.

    You could start watching Ultimate Spider-Man season 2 to get your Ultimate Peter Parker fix.
    Can't get my "616" Peter Parker anymore. I don't want to read about Spider-Ock!

  3. #288
    1906 Xistel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heroid View Post
    Can't get my "616" Peter Parker anymore. I don't want to read about Spider-Ock!
    And also, Ultimate Spider-man cartoon is crap
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

  4. #289
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heroid View Post
    Can't get my "616" Peter Parker anymore. I don't want to read about Spider-Ock!
    Hickman's Avengers.

    PS. Spider-Ock is the same as what you guys have been demanding lol, let's check:
    - Peter Parker's body, DNA and everything.
    - Different Personality, as anyone would have in Ultimate Marvel when learning that the real deal has surfaced, even a rematerilized Peter Parker from the zodiac key wouldn't be the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xistel View Post
    And also, Ultimate Spider-man cartoon is crap
    You still get what you ask for, go go watch that show, don't forge the comic-tie in! ;)
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  5. #290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Hickman's Avengers.

    PS. Spider-Ock is the same as what you guys have been demanding lol, let's check:
    - Peter Parker's body, DNA and everything.
    - Different Personality, as anyone would have in Ultimate Marvel when learning that the real deal has surfaced, even a rematerilized Peter Parker from the zodiac key wouldn't be the

    You still get what you ask for, go go watch that show, don't forge the comic-tie in! ;)
    I do like the show. The comic tie-in, not so much. And Spider-Ock is nothing like any version of Peter Parker. I'll be glad when that is over.

  6. #291
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heroid View Post
    And Spider-Ock is nothing like any version of Peter Parker. I'll be glad when that is over.
    Spider-Ock is comparable with any clone of Peter Parker or him magically re-appearing thru some magic. He'd have to deal with a world that has seen Spider-Man die and embrace a new incarnation. YOu just wish to think everything would go the same and everything about Parker's death getting ignored.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  7. #292
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Hickman's Avengers.

    PS. Spider-Ock is the same as what you guys have been demanding lol, let's check:
    - Peter Parker's body, DNA and everything.
    - Different Personality, as anyone would have in Ultimate Marvel when learning that the real deal has surfaced, even a rematerilized Peter Parker from the zodiac key wouldn't be the same.
    Hickman stated that only the first 6 issues was pre-ASM 700. So after that, it's no longer Peter but Spider-Ock.
    And even if it is Peter's body, it's not the same thing. It may look like Peter Parker, but we the readers know that it's not him, but his body being possessed by Doc Ock. So for the time being, there's nowhere to read about Peter.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

  8. #293
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Claw City
    Posts
    6,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Spider-Ock is comparable with any clone of Peter Parker or him magically re-appearing thru some magic. He'd have to deal with a world that has seen Spider-Man die and embrace a new incarnation. YOu just wish to think everything would go the same and everything about Parker's death getting ignored.
    Does anybody know it's not really Pete in 616? That is a big difference, one died a hero the other is simply living a lie.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

  9. #294
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Does anybody know it's not really Pete in 616? That is a big difference, one died a hero the other is simply living a lie.
    Right now, no one besides Peter, Doc Ock and Julia (not that she's gonna actually tell anyone. Rule 1 of psychics; Seers are useless). Ock is living a lie and basically bragging to himself about it.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

  10. #295
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And even if it is Peter's body, it's not the same thing. It may look like Peter Parker, but we the readers know that it's not him, but his body being possessed by Doc Ock. So for the time being, there's nowhere to read about Peter.
    It's the same as a clone Peter Parker, it's not the thoughts of the original.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That is a big difference, one died a hero the other is simply living a lie.
    Living a lie or seeing a chance of redemption? It's the same story for a clone. ;)

    I think alot of people are simply not getting the point of cloning, having the same name or the dna does not make the same character, the character must have the same background as the real deal, which can't happen since Ultimate Marvel celebrates the heroic Peter Parker and the new incarnation, the world is different than it was before Ultimate Spider-Man #160.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  11. #296
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    You can get your 616 Peter Parker, don't be melodramatic Heroid.
    Tell that to ASM 700. Peter will be back in a year though, two years max.

    You could start watching Ultimate Spider-Man season 2 to get your Ultimate Peter Parker fix.
    I'd rather slit my wrists.

    To answer question, Peter should never come back. Miles Morales is awesome.

  12. #297
    1906 Xistel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,641

    Default

    It's weird but I see more people being douchy about protecting Miles than people wanting Peter back. I thought it'd be the other way around.

    And please stop using 616 Peter as your go-to argument because they are not the same character.

    (I'm not talking about any user in specific, just general vibe)
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

  13. #298
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Claw City
    Posts
    6,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    It's the same as a clone Peter Parker, it's not the thoughts of the original.



    Living a lie or seeing a chance of redemption? It's the same story for a clone. ;)

    I think alot of people are simply not getting the point of cloning, having the same name or the dna does not make the same character, the character must have the same background as the real deal, which can't happen since Ultimate Marvel celebrates the heroic Peter Parker and the new incarnation, the world is different than it was before Ultimate Spider-Man #160.
    He's not a clone at all. A clone would have all of Peter's memories and that would influence his actions, case in point Gwen Stacy. Otto is a person who basically murdered a hero, has a psychotic history and is now wearing the heroes body as a meat suit. It's a completely different person wearing Peter's body. The whole point of Otto being in Peter's body is to show how a different person would act in Peter's body, if they cloned Peter the point would be to bring back the same person with the same personality and showing how they react to the current world.

    On a side note, Peter was being celebrated as a hero well before he died, he would be used to that if he came back. The biggest change would be that the public would know his identity, all his bad guys already knew who he was a long time ago.
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 12-30-2012 at 05:08 PM.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

  14. #299
    "Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tel'aran'rhiod
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    He's not a clone at all. A clone would have all of Peter's memories and that would influence his actions, case in point Gwen Stacy. Otto is a person who basically murdered a hero, has a psychotic history and is now wearing the heroes body as a meat suit. It's a completely different person wearing Peter's body. The whole point of Otto being in Peter's body is to show how a different person would act in Peter's body, if they cloned Peter the point would be to bring back the same person with the same personality and showing how they react to the current world.

    On a side note, Peter was being celebrated as a hero well before he died, he would be used to that if he came back. The biggest change would be that the public would know his identity, all his bad guys already knew who he was a long time ago.
    The insidious thing is that Otto does have all of Peter's memories.

  15. #300
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Claw City
    Posts
    6,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Frog View Post
    The insidious thing is that Otto does have all of Peter's memories.
    Does he have his own as well or just Peter's? If he lost his own memories than DRZ's argument would make more sense to me.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •