Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Ugh people viewing their opinions as statistic facts instead of common sense. C'mon Plawsky and Wolverine, this is a horrible horrible subject you've entered.

"Yeah well i have more personal value" is an excuse over facts and doens't change the truth.
    I thought this thread was completely based upon each individual's personal bias; a completely opinionated discussion. What facts are you referring to? What truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly, I gotta agree that I just couldn't feel the story the way everyone else did because way too many elements just felt contrived in it as if the universe itself wanted him dead topped with the variants for the story arc. It felt more like they were shoving down our throats that they were gonna do it and not kidding. It made it all seem less genuine and more forced.
    Nail. Head. Wham.

In all honesty, it was the fact that there were so many over-the-top variants that I automatically assumed that Peter wasn't really going to die. I thought to myself that for sure with all this hype it's gotta be some sort of gimmick to attract new readers and that Peter will be fine at the end. Nope.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Yeah, since alot of people to this day want to believe that Peter Parker is actually alive and training in secret to become the Agent of SHIELD, while being totally okay with emotionally devasting his loved ones (+ America!)
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

He's dead.

Get over it.
    "but the 616 is set in America."

- Rotm

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy Lad View Post
    He's dead.

Get over it.
    Short and to the point.

No reason to make up "facts" about why Peter should come back.
    "And in a few years, some rebellious little kid is going to turn up at your school with me on his t-shirt. 'Cyclops was right.'"

Yeah, since alot of people to this day want to believe that Peter Parker is actually alive and training in secret to become the Agent of SHIELD, while being totally okay with emotionally devasting his loved ones (+ America!)
    We still don't know what happened to the Scorpion clone. So, here's my theory. Nick Fury manages to fix up the clone so he is mentally stable. The clone now possesses the memories of Peter up until the beginning of the Carnage arc. Convinced he's been captured, though, he breaks out and finds Miles "posing" as Spider-Man. Peter and Miles fight and Peter quite easily bests him. However, Iron Man shows up and takes out Peter with a pulse. Fury explains to Peter the situation. Peter decides to allow Miles take the reigns as Spider-Man and goes to live life with May and Gwen.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    We still don't know what happened to the Scorpion clone. So, here's my theory. Nick Fury manages to fix up the clone so he is mentally stable. The clone now possesses the memories of Peter up until the beginning of the Carnage arc. Convinced he's been captured, though, he breaks out and finds Miles "posing" as Spider-Man. Peter and Miles fight and Peter quite easily bests him. However, Iron Man shows up and takes out Peter with a pulse. Fury explains to Peter the situation. Peter decides to allow Miles take the reigns as Spider-Man and goes to live life with May and Gwen.
    I like the idea that the Scorpion Clone can escape though a SHIELD facility, now that has to take alot of strenght, be on the run and generally the idea of the clone having been prisoned for so long, his body would be all stiff and slow, sicne the Scorpion would have to get in proper shape, but still somehow the clone can defeat Miles Morales easily. Fan fiction writing or fan fiction writing, i ask. ;)

PS. The whole Scorpion clone is as little thought out idea as is the idea of Peter Parker being secretly training, here is why, unless you can of course answer all these, thats fine, but then it just shows even a Peter Parker clone simply isn't the same as the original Peter Parker:
    - How would Scorpion Clone feela bout the original Spider-Man being dead?
    - Would the clone call himself Peter Parker or would he feel it's in bad taste?
    - Would he truly feel about hanging the burden to Miles Morales alone while Spider-Woman & Miles are out there?
    - How would Aunt May, Mary-Jane and Gwen truly feel about him?
    - What is his self worth, after all he isn't the great original Peter Parker that is celebrated as a hero.
    - Why would Nick Fury just let a highly powerful clone be wild out there, this isn't a Jeph Loeb comic!

Heck, even bringing back Peter Parker wouldn't make him the same character. It's just that fans are bitter and demand a certain named character to appear, i mean Death of Spider-Man was a good finale, have you guys seen what ASM #700 is about? Thats the worst kind of comics written out there for crying out loud.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by OrpheusTelos View Post
    Short and to the point.

I don't think anyone is making up facts about why Peter should come back. The simple "short and to the point" truth is that some of us want Peter back (and might talk about the declining sales as a good reason to bring him back) and others don't want him back. It's just that. nobody need to get all bent out of shape over this and I see a bunch of Miles supporters being "aggressive" about this subject.
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OrpheusTelos View Post
    Short and to the point.

Care to give an example? Nobody's making up facts. It's purely opinionated, people are just saying what they would like to see happen in the future of the UU. They're desires/wants and that's it.

I like the idea that the Scorpion Clone can escape though a SHIELD facility, now that has to take alot of strenght, be on the run and generally the idea of the clone having been prisoned for so long, his body would be all stiff and slow, sicne the Scorpion would have to get in proper shape, but still somehow the clone can defeat Miles Morales easily. Fan fiction writing or fan fiction writing, i ask. ;)

PS. The whole Scorpion clone is as little thought out idea as is the idea of Peter Parker being secretly training, here is why, unless you can of course answer all these, thats fine, but then it just shows even a Peter Parker clone simply isn't the same as the original Peter Parker:
    - How would Scorpion Clone feela bout the original Spider-Man being dead?
    - Would the clone call himself Peter Parker or would he feel it's in bad taste?
    - Would he truly feel about hanging the burden to Miles Morales alone while Spider-Woman & Miles are out there?
    - How would Aunt May, Mary-Jane and Gwen truly feel about him?
    - What is his self worth, after all he isn't the great original Peter Parker that is celebrated as a hero.
    - Why would Nick Fury just let a highly powerful clone be wild out there, this isn't a Jeph Loeb comic!

Heck, even bringing back Peter Parker wouldn't make him the same character. It's just that fans are bitter and demand a certain named character to appear, i mean Death of Spider-Man was a good finale, have you guys seen what ASM #700 is about? Thats the worst kind of comics written out there for crying out loud.
    In answer to your questions (again, just what I'd like to see):
    -The Scorpion Clone would feel a lot like Spider Woman does with an extra odd component because he is a clone that thinks he's Peter. He'll have a little bit of an identity crisis. May and Gwen take him in as Peter. Just like May thinks of Gwen's "clone" as Gwen, she'll take Pete's clone as Peter.
    -May convinces the clone to go under the alias of Peter despite him thinking it might be in bad taste. She considers him Peter so he takes up the alias of Peter Reilly.
    -Due to his continued identity crisis, he decides not to be Spider-Man at the current point. Eventually, he joins the X-Men to become his new self, separate from what he believes is his past.
    -They all consider Gwen to be Gwen. I see no real problem with treating the clone any differently.
    -Again, he has a bit of an identity crisis and doesn't know who he is which is why he wouldn't jump right into being Spider-Man.
    -Nick Fury let Peter run wild. Although, restrictions will probably apply in terms of surveillance.

There. Again, this IS fan-fiction because this is what I would do or would like to see. And, yes, Peter (clone or not) is much more experienced than Miles and can take him out. We do need to make up for 616 Peter being beat by Miles. :)

In answer to your questions (again, just what I'd like to see):
    -The Scorpion Clone would feel a lot like Spider Woman does with an extra odd component because he is a clone that thinks he's Peter. He'll have a little bit of an identity crisis. May and Gwen take him in as Peter. Just like May thinks of Gwen's "clone" as Gwen, she'll take Pete's clone as Peter.
    -May convinces the clone to go under the alias of Peter despite him thinking it might be in bad taste. She considers him Peter so he takes up the alias of Peter Reilly.
    -Due to his continued identity crisis, he decides not to be Spider-Man at the current point. Eventually, he joins the X-Men to become his new self, separate from what he believes is his past.
    -They all consider Gwen to be Gwen. I see no real problem with treating the clone any differently.
    -Again, he has a bit of an identity crisis and doesn't know who he is which is why he wouldn't jump right into being Spider-Man.
    -Nick Fury let Peter run wild. Although, restrictions will probably apply in terms of surveillance.

There. Again, this IS fan-fiction because this is what I would do or would like to see. And, yes, Peter (clone or not) is much more experienced than Miles and can take him out. We do need to make up for 616 Peter being beat by Miles. :)

Why is it again that you would prefer tor ead about this character & not Spider-Woman nor Miles Morales again? Is it because it's a male clone? Whats wrong with Spider-Woman or Miles? Outside of being a white caucasian boy with nothing in common with the original Peter Parker who died. Also why would you Aunt May to act like a looney who considers the clone as her real Peter Parker who died under her arms?
    My Blog

Why is it again that you would prefer tor ead about this character & not Spider-Woman nor Miles Morales again? Is it because it's a male clone? Whats wrong with Spider-Woman or Miles? Outside of being a white caucasian boy with nothing in common with the original Peter Parker who died. Also why would you Aunt May to act like a looney who considers the clone as her real Peter Parker who died under her arms?
    She does currently take care of a clone of Gwen Stacey.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I want the closest thing to ULTIMATE Peter Parker I can get. He is my favorite character and I built my personality around him (started reading after Spider-Man, when I was five). And I stated that May IS taking care of a clone of Gwen. What would be the difference? I am so SICK of this: "you're sexist/racist because you don't like the current characters!" No, I'm not. I connect better with John Stewart than Hal Jordan. I like Black Widow more than Hawkeye. I just connect better with Peter because I built my personality around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    She does currently take care of a clone of Gwen Stacey.
    Yeah, but we all know Bendis is really ignoring the whole clone thing after he realized (his words, not mine) it was a mistake to kill Gwen Stacy simply because 616 bited the dust. Not to mention this is Peter Parker we're talking about, she has been with him forever.
    I want the closest thing to ULTIMATE Peter Parker I can get.
    So Spider-Woman? Miles Morales?

What you're suggesting is nothing like the Ultimate Peter Parker, but just his body. :b
    My Blog