Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 310
  1. #166
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Why would i like to see Peter in ultimate universe is beyond me.What i want to say is,there isn't anything new or special about his character or story,that can be tell..... it will have the same old ,,taste" of vol 1.So no i don't want to see Peter resurrected by some miracle (like they did in Amazing Spiderman - those comics lost sense issue for me after #200).And this new spiderman is much more interesting (god know i am sick of high school drama of Peter Parker),funnier and it has potential to put spider man in all new,better direction.And one more thing,what die in Ultimate universe should stay dead,this are comics for more mature and serious type of readers.

  2. #167
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    I wouldn't say that it'd be the same old Peter. The UU has changed, and the characters with it. I mean pre-Ultimatum did you ever picture Kitty as being a leader in mutantkind? Or Reed Richards nuking Washington DC? Or even Cap as President of the United States? You can't just assume that a returning character is just gonna be exactly how they left. For Peter, he may as well be Cap waking up from a 70 year nap considering just how much went down after he died.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

  3. #168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Yeah, I skipped Ben, because that's an implied death. I did, however, forget to mention Harry. There's also Cpt. Stacy and Jean DeWolfe, but they were hardly major characters (and she was a bad guy anyway). The point remains, though... it's not a doom and gloom comic by any means.
    Um... America is having a war in the Ultimate U.? That automatically makes for doom and gloom. And even if USM isn't as doom and gloom as the rest of the Ultimate U. titles, the first year has been so boooooring. Still, I think it's got a darker tone than it used to, and than it needs to have. The one great thing Marvel used to have going for it over DC was that it was set in a world like our own. They have abandoned that in both the regular Marvel U. and the Ultimate U. The two universes are so far from anything close to the real world that they are no longer believable or relatable. I see more reality in a classic issue of Fawcett's Captain Marvel than I do in anything Marvel puts out these days. They've lost their focus.

    Oddly, the Marvel movies get it. They understand what Marvel should be. I don't see why Marvel doesn't.

    But bring back Ultimate Peter Parker! Soon!

  4. #169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptorX View Post
    No. No. NO! This is WHY we get in the messes we get into in the first place. "Oh hey this horrible idea that no one liked, keep it. I'd rather have sales go down in flames and lose all our fans before we ever admit we were wrong."

    You people want to know why comic sales are dying? It's because comics are too damn depressing. Tune in today and watch 20 X Men die. Next week, watch 40 of them die. Make Peter sell his marriage to the devil. Hey you know that new character we just made? Kill him/her in a Battle Royal story because we need to be "edgy." I wouldn't give a comic book to a child in this day and age. There is nothing kid friendly about them. The ONLY thing comics these days are capable of doing seem to be is to do something that makes even MORE people quit the book. You aren't getting new readers. So instead, how about we try to get the old readers back?

    How about we have comic books actually be fun again? It's simple. One issue: A villain tries to use (insert insane/funny/amazing device) on (insert thing we need to save). Hero comes in, saves the day, and the villain escapes. Comics should be triumphant, not a tedium in endless sorrow and misery. Not every issue should be a wham issue. Could you imagine if EVERY cartoon out there was a hentai? People would be pretty damn sick of seeing tentacles and no one would their kids watch any. Well....that's basically what happened to the comic industry.

    Also, the problem with the industry are the creators of the comics going, "I'm in the industry so I decide what people want." And then when sales don't go their way, they blame the fans for not being "good enough" fans. The writers/editors need to cash their egos at the door. This is not manga where you are allowed to have only 12 issues and the entire series is over, you are writing stories designed to last 100 years. You can't do that by purposely getting rid of every character people like and failing to make better new ones.

    And DC has this issue too. They flat out removed a poll because they didn't get the results they liked. The general thought I get when I think of a comic book writer these days is, "I decide what you want, and if you don't want that, you are wrong. I know what you want."
    So many things wrong with this post on so many levels, you can find a fault in almost every sentence. I really hope you go back and read the responses people made to you. You're wrong about the dying comic book sales, things are getting better. The reason why it's tanked for so long is because of poor distribution, inability to adapt to technology, constant delays, the overuse of events, and tons of other things. You can't just narrow it down to one thing to fit the purposes of your post. Then you state that comics aren't fun anymore and it's all depressing. Hello? Daredevil? Hawkeye? WATXM? ANXM? FF? Justice League? Chew? Deadpool? Demon Knights? A+X? ULTIMATE SPIDER MAN? So many more I can name, you are totally off target here. All the books might I just named might have some serious elements of it, but at the end of the day they are all fun reads that have a lot of light hearted moments. Most of the other stuff I want to say others already said, I'll just leave it at that.

  5. #170
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I wouldn't say that it'd be the same old Peter. The UU has changed, and the characters with it. I mean pre-Ultimatum did you ever picture Kitty as being a leader in mutantkind? Or Reed Richards nuking Washington DC? Or even Cap as President of the United States? You can't just assume that a returning character is just gonna be exactly how they left. For Peter, he may as well be Cap waking up from a 70 year nap considering just how much went down after he died.
    Ok you are right non of that above i guessed.But even if they change everything for Peter I am not sure will i start buying comics right a way.I guess i will wait a while to see how story progress,but in my opinion this is the time when Spider woman can shine.She had few appearances,but that was as you know rare and it was more like a part of jaw that connects other part of story.What i want to say she was always side character.But now she can be more (at least i would like to see that),she's clone of Peter,shares his memories,personality (even if she is trying to be herself only) ,she's agent of shield.....And as i said i think its time to Bendis rise this character from ashes in this new spider man comics,to give her more important role at least.And i think rising Peter from dead or waking from coma after his seemingly death is mistake (but thats just my opinion i guess).
    a

  6. #171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    So much is wrong with this post. Okay, you're entitled to your opinion that undoing events in comics because they are unpopular with fans is acceptable. I disagree, but that's not the problem I have with your post.
    First problem: "Tune in today and watch 20 X-Men die. Next week, watch 40 of them die."
    I challenge you to name 20 x-men who have died. Not 20 x-men who died in Ultimatum. 20 x-men who have died since the name x-men was first given to Charles Xavier's team of mutants in the 1960s. It's possible that 20 characters have died in the entire Marvel Universe.. but 20 X-Men in one day? No.. and i'm challenging you to name 20 x-men who have died since the 60s.

    That's why the Ultimate Universe is so much more realistic. Yeah it's a world of fantasy where impossible things are possible, but that shouldn't mean that all good characters are invincible. In a world where good and evil people with god like powers wage constant war on each other all over the world, there are gonna be some unfortunate deaths. As soon as fans decide that deaths of likable characters are unacceptable, or can be reversed, the stories lose all credibility. Who cares if Peter Parker is going up against his entire rogues gallery with a bullet wound on his side if he can't die? Did you care when the chameleons had JJJ and Peter tied to chairs in the warehouse? I did, but I definitely wouldn't have cared if that hadn't been the Ultimate universe, because I would have known neither of them were gonna die. When JJ got shot, I thought he was really dead because it's the UU. The incident wouldn't have rattled me at all if it hadn't been the UU.

    Ok so you can't name 20 x-men who have died. I'm wondering if you can name 20 characters who have died without mentioning an Ultimate character. They can be mutants, non-mutants, villains, civilians.. name 20 people who have died in Marvel comics without mentioning the Ultimate U. It may be possible, but it's not gonna be easy. If you can do that, you still haven't proven your point, because you claimed it was possible for 20 x-men to die in one day.. and then on another day, 40 more x-men. So I'm letting you get away with just naming 20 people of any kind.. as opposed to the 60 x-men you claim died at some point in a matter of 2 weeks. The most deaths that ever happened in a single event was Ultimatum and I think it was less than 40, and far fewer than 20 of them were x-men.

    So comics are depressing because characters are dying all the time? I think you're very wrong about that. Comic sales are dying because creators refuse to undo events that readers didn't like? Look man, Peter Parker's death was obviously not going to be a happy event. Refrax5 stated that bringing Peter back would be bad writing, and you said no. Can you explain this? Cheap crap like bringing someone back from the dead to please whining fans is definitely bad writing. Another example of bad writing is writing a character death that DOESN't bother people. All of this complaining from fans about Peter dying is probably the best compliment that's ever been paid to Bendis' writing. If you can make people care about the death of a completely fictional character then you've done a great job. If people are still whining about it over a year later.. wow.

    And I agree with you, comics should be fun, but if all the characters we like are unkillable, I think the fun is gone. There has to be some danger. These guys are supposed to be super heroes. They laugh at danger. They risk their lives every time they put on the mask and go out there to protect the innocent. Peter died an amazingly heroic death.. why can't you just let it be? If any character ever deserved to have such an epic death it's Spider-Man. He's a character that we all know so well that he feels like a real person in our lives. The gravity of his death in just the Ultimate Universe on the comic book world is an amazing honor to the character. He died and everyone cared. He's not a real person, he's not even the main universe spider-man, and people are still upset over a year later. That's damn good writing and that's a damn good character.

    Okay there is more wrong with your post. You say these writers would rather have sales go down and lose all their fans before admitting they were wrong on something. Then you go on to complain that Peter sold his marriage to the devil. But wasn't that an example of writers admitting an idea was bad, and not keeping it because they'd rather not lose all their fans or see sales not go down in flames? They took something back and you want them to take THAT back, and you use that as an example of them refusing to take things back.

    Seriously dude.. get your thoughts straight. Writers in the 616 are trying to keep things fresh while writing characters who have already had about 50 years of stories written about them.. and writers in the Ultimate U are trying to provide something new to fans who are tired of the old predictable nature of a Universe where actions rarely have consequences. You don't have to read the UU if you don't like that.. but you have to understand that that's what the UU is for. It's an ongoing story where things change like the real world and characters evolve like real people. I love Peter Parker, and Ultimate Peter Parker was actually cooler to me than the original, but if they brought him back in the UU, the UU would lose all of it's appeal for me because there would be nothing unique about it. It would just be the 616 rebooted. lame



    Well spoken Man! Very well spoken.

  7. #172
    Veteran Member Arachnid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Racoon City
    Posts
    7,581

    Default

    I agree with the OP. I gave Miles a chance, but he's boring. He's not half as interesting as Pete was, so I'm ready for him to disappear and Pete to reclaim the throne.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

    "I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence."

  8. #173

    Default

    Also, I don't see how it is automatically "bad writing" to bring a character back from the dead. Kevin Smith did it in Green Arrow to much fan and critical acclaim. Plus, the foreshadowing of a retcon of Peter's death has already been established with the Zodiac Key -- an important plot point from "Death of Spider-Man" which hasn't been seen since. Any writer worth his salt could bring Peter back in one issue with that *already established* plot device. Peter's resurrection has been set up way way better than his replacement, Miles.

  9. #174
    New Member Genixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    82

    Default

    my biggest complaint is that they had to make Miles so young. personally, i dont want to read stories about some per-pubesent kid. but, ive been giving it a chance. ive been reading the miles story since #1...and i havent seen to much to really keep me reading it. seems like the last several issues he has been getting yelled about by cap that he is to young. nothing has really happened to start get him to be a 'hero'. so far he has been shadowing cap and going "wow, look at that." with Venom coming back it might pick up some..but, if i dont start seeing something to keep my interest..i might drop the series. i know the writers are working hard at trying to make it a good series..totally respect that.. im just not feeling it.

  10. #175
    1906 Xistel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,641

    Default

    Please get Peter back. It's time already.
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

  11. #176
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Peter's only been dead a couple months and you guys want him back already?

  12. #177
    Junior Member Wiggie_Stardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    186

    Default

    I'd rather see Miles grow up and grow into the role of Spider-Man, the same way (well, not exactly the same way) as Peter in 616. Rather than see Ultimate Peter come back and displace Miles.

  13. #178
    Aspiring Spider-Man StepsOntheMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    167

    Default

    With the advent of the Superior Spider-man, soon there will be NO PETER PARKER! *CACKLES MANIACALLY*

    no but seriously though, they shouldn't bring back Ultimate Peter.

  14. #179
    On Vacation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StepsOntheMoon View Post
    With the advent of the Superior Spider-man, soon there will be NO PETER PARKER! *CACKLES MANIACALLY*

    no but seriously though, they shouldn't bring back Ultimate Peter.
    I'm so glad Dan Slott is doing that. Now the fans will be too focused on trying to get 616 Peter back and forget about trying to get Ult Peter back. Then Miles will reign for another successful year. Thank you Dan Slott for indirectly giving more focus on Miles.

  15. #180
    New Member Genixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Peter's only been dead a couple months and you guys want him back already?
    i never said i want Ult Pete back.. im just not enjoying the current Miles storyline. they need to pick it up imho.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •