Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Because he was in Hel when in event was over.
    They still clearly say that he died on that page, though. "Honoring those who died."
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroid View Post
    If the number of people who frequent these boards is a good comparison for UU fans vs regular Marvel U fans then the UU is surely edging closer to cancelization. I was never a UU fan. I was an Ultimate Spider-man fan. I always thought the Ultimates was one of the worst superhero series ever published and UXM was little better. USM was a classic series though, and for most of its run was far better than the concurrent Amazing Spider-man. With the effective end of USM, I have no use for the UU -- or Marvel for that matter. Image is publishing way better superheroes these days.
    OK, I get that you don't like Miles. I'm not arguing that. But putting all individual bias aside for the moment, how do you think we're not a good example of Ultimate Marvel fans?

Is this about comparing the fanbase of the UU to that of the MU? I'm sorry that I'm not understanding you very well, but what has comparing those two fan bases have anything to do with whether or not the posters of this board are representative of Ultimate Marvel Fans. We are Ultimate Marvel Fans. That's why we're on here.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 11-07-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Forgot a question mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    OK, I get that you don't like Miles. I'm not arguing that. But putting all individual bias aside for the moment, how do you think we're not a good example of Ultimate Marvel fans?

Is this about comparing the fanbase of the UU to that of the MU? I'm sorry that I'm not understanding you very well, but what has comparing those two fan bases have anything to do with whether or not the posters of this board are representative of Ultimate Marvel Fans. We are Ultimate Marvel Fans. That's why we're on here.
    You're a small sample of the fan base. It's the old internet phenomenon where the handful of vocal people who post on a bulletin board think that their opinions represent more than just a handful of people who post on a bulletin board. No worries -- I do it too.

But just because a majority of a small sampling think Miles is awesome and Bendis is God doesn't make either of those things true.

Bendis needs to go and Ultimate Peter Parker needs to return. And that's just my small sample opinion.

BANNED

You're a small sample of the fan base. It's the old internet phenomenon where the handful of vocal people who post on a bulletin board think that their opinions represent more than just a handful of people who post on a bulletin board. No worries -- I do it too.
    I would argue that even though we're not a good representation of all that read the UU, we are a good representation of those who are its fans. We all come from around the world, go on the Internet and discuss comics on perhaps the biggest comicbook site on the web. It's accessible to everyone, and everyone is able to express whatever opinion they have, so therefore this site shows a broad range of individual bias' from a wide and diverse range of comicbook geeks. We are just a handful. But we are still fans of Ultimate Marvel so I don't really see how we're not a good example of those who follow the UU. I don't think we're a good representation of everyone who reads the Ultimate books, but we are a good representation of its fans and those who follow them. Otherwise, why would anyone follow the UU if they didn't like it?

But just because a majority of a small sampling think Miles is awesome and Bendis is God doesn't make either of those things true.
    If we didn't like Miles, we wouldn't be considered its fans. That's why we're on here.

Bendis needs to go and Ultimate Peter Parker needs to return. And that's just my small sample opinion.
    That's sound.
    I don't know if I want Ultimate Peter Parker back. I just really don't know. But definetly not yet. He's only been in the ground a couple of months.

I like Miles, I just like Ultimate Peter better. Hell, there were times when I preferred ultimate pete to 616 pete.

Quote Originally Posted by RichSummers View Post
    I like Miles, I just like Ultimate Peter better. Hell, there were times when I preferred ultimate pete to 616 pete.
    I still do. UU Peter does not have the black mark of OMD on him.

Ultimate Peter>616 Peter>Miles

That is my view. Except, both Peter's will be gone and forgotten about by the middle of next year. Just goes to show you, you can't survive if you are the flagship character. They have to replace you with a younger, lamer version. Hopefully both will realize their mistake and both Peters will be brought back by 2016. I can wait.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post

That is my view. Except, both Peter's will be gone and forgotten about by the middle of next year. Just goes to show you, you can't survive if you are the flagship character. They have to replace you with a younger, lamer version. Hopefully both will realize their mistake and both Peters will be brought back by 2016. I can wait.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    When Spider-Man comics are in ashes? They already are...
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

funny since Bendis wrote and created ult peter parker. further more if its peter parker you want go to 616!

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post

I don't think Spidey's going down that easy. I am quite confident Peter will be back slinging webs in 616 by the time AMS#2 hits the theater in 2014.

As I indicated in your thread discussing whether Peter had to die; I don't believe Ult Pete is dead either. There are still lot of stories to be told with him. I find it interesting to note that it is Peter and not Spider-Boy who stars in the Ultimate Spider-Man animated and accompanying comic. This suggests to me that Miles is something of an experiment by Marvel; As suggested by Chris.S in his original post.

Personally, I would be fine with Miles continuing on as Spider-Boy; while Peter moves on to new and exciting adventures that they could never tell with him in 616. That is what Ultimate comics are supposed to be.
    Last edited by Spider-Frog; 11-08-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Riddle me this, Batman!

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

Peter was the one person in the Ultimate U who was completely likable and had a cast that was likable. Everybody else in the UU is an asshole. I really don't mind Miles. But the least they could have done was give Peter Parker a happy ending or at least side-line him or something. He was shaping up to be the greatest hero in the UU someday. Like I said, Miles can stay but I wish Peter was brought back to life. I dont care if it cheapens death in the UU. Worse characters have been brought back and this was a good kid who had a future.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I believe you have my stapler?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Frog View Post
    I don't think Spidey's going down that easy. I am quite confident Peter will be back slinging webs in 616 by the time AMS#2 hits the theater in 2014.

As I indicated in your thread discussing whether Peter had to die; I don't believe Ult Pete is dead either. There are still lot of stories to be told with him. I find it interesting to note that it is Peter and not Spider-Boy who stars in the Ultimate Spider-Man animated and accompanying comic. This suggests to me that Miles is something of an experiment by Marvel; As suggested by Chris.S in his original post.

Personally, I would be fine with Miles continuing on as Spider-Boy; while Peter moves on to new and exciting adventures that they could never tell with him in 616. That is what Ultimate comics are supposed to be.
    they showed Peter in Valhalla, so he's definitely dead. But it would be cool if he somehow came back, disguised himself and became the scarlet spider

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randumbz View Post
    they showed Peter in Valhalla, so he's definitely dead. But it would be cool if he somehow came back, disguised himself and became the scarlet spider
    Valhalla? Really? That's pretty cool. I like the thought of Spidey partying with Vikings, Drinking Mead and dancing with Golden Haired Honeys.

An excerpt from my post on another thread discussing Peter's Death:

The Mystery of Schroedingers Spider: Is Peter Parker alive or dead?

"You're looking mighty fine in them there GENES, boy. The moment you turn 18 that ass belongs to SHIELD."- 'Slick' Nick Fury- Kicking ass and taking names since 1610.

"WAUGHHH"-Generic Ultimate Peter Parker reply.

First off; There is no way that Peter's body is lying in a casket. His Genes are too valuable. SHIELD would not be willing to risk having the bad guys steal his body.

2)In the Ult Universe, Peter, Like Norman, Gained his abilities from the OZ/Goblin/Globulin Green formula. In both 616 and 1610 the Goblin formula has been shown to grant unique regenerative abilities.

3)Captain America was successfuly revived after spending half a century on ice.

4)In comics, Dead Super Heroes/Villains/Genetic freaks are not dissected, They are placed in Refrigeration/Stasis pods. Why?...I haven't the faintest idea; But that's how they roll.

So, Chances are; that all they have to do is thaw out Petey, Give him a few pints of handy dandy all purpose Spider-person blood generously donated by his Genetic sibling Jessica, Shock him with a defibrillator, And...BOOM goes the Dynamite.
    So, Using Comic Book Logic, I figure that Peter's only dead until Marvel thinks they can make a few more bucks off him. And besides, The Ultimate Universe needs a Scarlet Spider.
    Last edited by Spider-Frog; 11-11-2012 at 11:36 PM. Reason: I'm Incorrigibly Parkercentric.