Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The writers seem to disagree:

Man... That just reminded me.

I still don't like Ultiamtum. I've gotten over the impact, but man, what a waste of story potential. The ratio between stories gained and lost is so uneven.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Man... That just reminded me.

I still don't like Ultiamtum. I've gotten over the impact, but man, what a waste of story potential. The ratio between stories gained and lost is so uneven.
    I think most people hate Ultimatum. It was just a terribly executed story for a crisis crossover. The concept itself could have been awesome with Magneto bringing his end game and the heroes of the UU uniting to stop him but the whole thing was just bogged down by so much death and stupidity from the characters that it's just impossible for me to look at it with anything more than disdain. The UU really didn't deserve such a horrid event.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post

Because he was in Hel when in event was over.
    He traded places with Valkyrie to allow her to live and a life had to be traded for him to return. Dead is still dead.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    He traded places with Valkyrie to allow her to live and a life had to be traded for him to return. Dead is still dead.
    He wasn't dead though. His body and soul remained together. That's alive.

BANNED

So do you think Cap died in Ultimatum but Thor didn't?

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    So do you think Cap died in Ultimatum but Thor didn't?
    Cap had an NDE.

Cap had an NDE.
    Non-Departmental Enterprise?
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

BANNED

Cap had an NDE.
    I don't know what that is. Are they real?

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Non-Departmental Enterprise?
    Yeah, man. Cap hung up his shield and is in business now. :P

I don't know what that is. Are they real?
    A Near-Death Experience. They are very real and you can read about them on Wikipedia here

BANNED

I though Cap being in the Valhalla meant he had died. But I take that back. I remember Cap being in a coma, with his heart rate still beating.

I wonder.. if Thor really did die, would his original body still be at the bottom of the ocean? Lots of little fishies nibbling away at his corpse..

Yeah, well, I was never ready for Peter to go, so I would welcome his return immensely. No offense to Miles, who is an okay character on his own, but that Peter had to die to make place for him just reeks.

Is that so? If we're not a good representation of Ultimate Marvel Fans then who is?

Besides, if anyone didn't like Ultimate Comics, why would they read them? And how are they even considered fans? Fans are people who like something.
    If the number of people who frequent these boards is a good comparison for UU fans vs regular Marvel U fans then the UU is surely edging closer to cancelization. I was never a UU fan. I was an Ultimate Spider-man fan. I always thought the Ultimates was one of the worst superhero series ever published and UXM was little better. USM was a classic series though, and for most of its run was far better than the concurrent Amazing Spider-man. With the effective end of USM, I have no use for the UU -- or Marvel for that matter. Image is publishing way better superheroes these days.

If Peter returns how would the characters in the series react? I don't see many getting over "Oh look Peter is back." I could see Aunt May having another heart attack or even being killed off instead. And the Bugle? Oh they would have a field day. And Peter would not be able to simply rejoin the world as if nothing happened. He would have to take on a new name and then it would not be Peter but Peter as someone else.

Would he become Spider-Man again? I doubt it, in fact I could see him being brought back and then set aside. Maybe even becoming a background character in Ultimate X-Men or the Ultimates. But I don't think Bendis would bring Peter back as Spider-Man ever. I mean he has made Miles his number one. So unless Bendis is forced to, Miles will stay (most likely) Spider-man until the very end.

But in the end would Peter being back really improve the story? I know some will say yes, but really think about it.

With Bendis' way of writing I could see Peter coming back taking like 10-15 issues and all them being slow to get to the point. And then after he gets brought back another 10 issues before anything happens.

For me I still believe with Miles being Spider-Man its what makes it so different from Amazing. While yes Peter is no loner going to be Spider-Man over in 616 (after issue #700), it still stands if Peter comes back, I could see people simply jumping back on Ultimate Spider-Man as a way in getting new stories with Peter as Spider-Man.

And as I've said before, with the death of spider-man come and gone. And the death of Peter still active (meaning he is still dead) it gives the Ultimate Universe the one things 616 will never have; true suspense. Because any major character can get killed.

In fact this is why I say all the big characters that died in Ultimatum need to stay dead and any character killed from here on out. This way when at the end of an issue if a character's life is at stake then there is a chance no matter who it is they could get killed off. Peter stands as the top character in the Ultimate U. Meaning if Marvel wants they could have the writers kill Iron Man, or Thor (again) or even Captain America (and again). And they could keep them dead. In 616 you can't have this, you know the characters will come back. In fact most people can make bets on how long before the character comes back to life. In the Ultimate U, if the writers can keep the dead means dead rule for all major characters it again will give us the one thing that makes it truly different the suspense! (Sorry to repeat myself here)

So again am I ready for Peter to return? No.

And I would like it to stay that way. Because if he comes back it would make the Ultimate U a simple copy and past of the 616 universe.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by atlasjj View Post
    If Peter returns how would the characters in the series react? I don't see many getting over "Oh look Peter is back." I could see Aunt May having another heart attack or even being killed off instead. And the Bugle? Oh they would have a field day. And Peter would not be able to simply rejoin the world as if nothing happened. He would have to take on a new name and then it would not be Peter but Peter as someone else.

Would he become Spider-Man again? I doubt it, in fact I could see him being brought back and then set aside. Maybe even becoming a background character in Ultimate X-Men or the Ultimates. But I don't think Bendis would bring Peter back as Spider-Man ever. I mean he has made Miles his number one. So unless Bendis is forced to, Miles will stay (most likely) Spider-man until the very end.

But in the end would Peter being back really improve the story? I know some will say yes, but really think about it.

With Bendis' way of writing I could see Peter coming back taking like 10-15 issues and all them being slow to get to the point. And then after he gets brought back another 10 issues before anything happens.

For me I still believe with Miles being Spider-Man its what makes it so different from Amazing. While yes Peter is no loner going to be Spider-Man over in 616 (after issue #700), it still stands if Peter comes back, I could see people simply jumping back on Ultimate Spider-Man as a way in getting new stories with Peter as Spider-Man.

And as I've said before, with the death of spider-man come and gone. And the death of Peter still active (meaning he is still dead) it gives the Ultimate Universe the one things 616 will never have; true suspense. Because any major character can get killed.

In fact this is why I say all the big characters that died in Ultimatum need to stay dead and any character killed from here on out. This way when at the end of an issue if a character's life is at stake then there is a chance no matter who it is they could get killed off. Peter stands as the top character in the Ultimate U. Meaning if Marvel wants they could have the writers kill Iron Man, or Thor (again) or even Captain America (and again). And they could keep them dead. In 616 you can't have this, you know the characters will come back. In fact most people can make bets on how long before the character comes back to life. In the Ultimate U, if the writers can keep the dead means dead rule for all major characters it again will give us the one thing that makes it truly different the suspense! (Sorry to repeat myself here)

So again am I ready for Peter to return? No.

And I would like it to stay that way. Because if he comes back it would make the Ultimate U a simple copy and past of the 616 universe.
    Don't you think calling it a copy and paste 616 is too broad of a statement? I mean if we really look at the UU you can still draw very close comparisons to 616. Reservation X=Decimation, The current story in the Ultimates is like "Dark Avengers" and "Fear Itself mashed" up. Ultimate Spiderman doesn't star Peter and soon neither will 616.

Even if characters were to return, we have Wolverine as Cable, Aunt May knows Peter is Spider-Man, Cyclops is not a crazy psuedo-dictator. Xavier would actually be alive in one of the universes, Magneto would be a true villain no grey area.

All it boils down to is what lens you look at the UU through.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Don't you think calling it a copy and paste 616 is too broad of a statement? I mean if we really look at the UU you can still draw very close comparisons to 616. Reservation X=Decimation, The current story in the Ultimates is like "Dark Avengers" and "Fear Itself mashed" up. Ultimate Spiderman doesn't star Peter and soon neither will 616.

Even if characters were to return, we have Wolverine as Cable, Aunt May knows Peter is Spider-Man, Cyclops is not a crazy psuedo-dictator. Xavier would actually be alive in one of the universes, Magneto would be a true villain no grey area.

All it boils down to is what lens you look at the UU through.
    True, I see what you mean.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.