Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

Naw, I love Miles. If I wanted to read stories with Miles that have him struggling the same way Peter used to struggle I would just take a sharpie to my back issues. Miles is different, the UU is vastly different from where it used to be. Miles is younger than Peter, it makes sense that he has more of a support system in place. He may be an Ultimate, but come on. Look at how much of the shambles the Ultimates and the country are in. Captain America knows that its not smart to turn away willing hands. Not to mention Miles is no genius, so I'm looking forward to him trying to attempt to recreate the formula when his webs run out. Have him struggle in his own way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroid View Post
    If you look at the number of people who visit these boards at any given time compared to the other Marvel-oriented boards, you will realize that this board represents a very small percentage of people who read Marvel Comics, and are not even a true representation of Ultimate Marvel fans. However, I want Peter Parker back. I don't care how lame the excuse they use, it would be a better story than the first year+ of Miles' has been. (However, Bendis built in the ultimate "rewind/undo" button with the Zodiac Key during the "Death of Spider-man" storyline.)
    Is that so? If we're not a good representation of Ultimate Marvel Fans then who is?

Besides, if anyone didn't like Ultimate Comics, why would they read them? And how are they even considered fans? Fans are people who like something.

I enjoyed Death of Spider-man. Eagerly anticipated each issue and it made comics fun for me again for the 1st time in a long time. And i love Miles and everything about this spider-man... Bringing Peter back would cheapen my experience that I had with Death of spider-man. I think it meant so much to me because I knew Peter wouldn't be back. If they brought him back it would make it seem like the time I invested in DOSM was a little less important. I was coming off of a horrible experience with Batman R.I.P. and a awful bruce wayne return that until recently drove me away from DC and into marvel. Luckily for me I discovered the Ultimate universe and haven't looked back. So R.I.P Peter Parker. I hope to never see you again.
    Pull List: Aquaman, Death of the Family, Ultimate Comics Spider Man, Uncanny Avengers, Secret Service, Locke and Key & I, Vampire

The only characters that should came back from the dead are most of the ones that died pointless during Ultimatum.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    She hasn't done anything( even in Ultimates and she's on the damn team and it's not her book and if she did we'd most likely be back to the tired argument of she should be themain focus of the book and not Miles in the tired excuse of Peter Parker or nothing argument
    By that logic, ever time that a character from another book appears in someone else's book, they should be dumbed down so they can be outshined by the book's star. We've seen plenty of times in the past in which Peter was outshined by other heroes of the UU showing just the difference in their levels. Heck in the first appearance of Rhino, the job was already done by the Ultimates by the time that he got to the scene. Showing Spiderwoman's experience wouldn't make people believe she should be the star of the show, it'd be showing the realistic difference in their experience. Miles is a rookie and Jessica has been doing this for over 6 months plus has Peter's experience compounded on top of that.

Seeing as how he's already taken on a few bad guys with powers one can say he's gotten use to jumping around and it's not like Bendis has shown up every single time he's worn the costume as when asked how long he'd been going out he said a amount that has been way more then actual panel time
    Except that up until Miles took on the Scorpion, he had never had experience taking on mobsters as his reaction to the group attested for. Peter had also taken on super powered foes but that didn't prepare him any better for when he took on armed foes and realistically, he was injured as a result.

Who himself fluctuates in power sets so this is moot as one minute he's getting owned by non powered muggers and the next taking out cosmic deities
    That's just a ridiculous assessment of Peter's abilities. While his power may fluctuate, it still doesn't change the fact that this is a Peter who's taken on a Hell of a lot more than even his Ultimate counterpart losing to someone who's only been Spider-Man a few weeks. Miles may have some strong abilities, but Peter's taken on much worse. Even with Peter freaking out, there's no excuse for how he got jobbed there.

You really think he won't be watched or trained let alone in the Ultimates 24/7?
    Regardless of if he's being watched or not, that doesn't change the fact that simply from him taking down Rhino and helping stop a Hydra attack, Cap went from saying he's too young to saying he's got what it takes. This coming from the same person who, after all of the heroic feats he did not limited to diving into the floods of Ultimatum, helping bust Reed Richard's plans, and even helping fight off the Liberator's invasion, called Peter a fool and said he was too young to be a hero, much less an Ultimate. Here he has Miles on the front lines of a Civil War despite him only being Spider-Man a few weeks.

He didn't so why would we want to see him torture himself over something he didn't do? People also forget that the point of all that was Uncle Aaron's line of "You're Just Like Me" and that makes for more more personal conflicts then feeling guilty over a false murder
    The whole "You're just like me" line had to do with inflicting guilt on him that he'd kill those who called them his enemy. However in this case, Miles has no reason to feel guilty knowing that it was the equipment malfunction that killed Aaron and not him. It's not that the feeling of guilt was lifted, but the fact that it was lifted so soon after it occurred.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Regardless of if he's being watched or not, that doesn't change the fact that simply from him taking down Rhino and helping stop a Hydra attack, Cap went from saying he's too young to saying he's got what it takes. This coming from the same person who, after all of the heroic feats he did not limited to diving into the floods of Ultimatum, helping bust Reed Richard's plans, and even helping fight off the Liberator's invasion, called Peter a fool and said he was too young to be a hero, much less an Ultimate. Here he has Miles on the front lines of a Civil War despite him only being Spider-Man a few weeks.
    Once again : Peter's death had a strong impact on Steve, that's why he tries to integrate Miles more once the kid has shown that he's not going to stop. Apparently Steve always had reservations about Peter, but Fury let him do his thing and it wasn't really his place to contest his authority. He doesn't want what happened to Peter to happen to Miles, and intends to make Miles better than Peter as fast as he can.

Ultimate Spider-Man was one of the first two comics (the other was Runaways) I ever subscribed to about 6-8 years ago (give or take a few years) and it is the only title that has never left my pull list, and honestly, it`probably won`t until Bendis stops producing on it. With that said, I was HEAVILY against Peter actually dying, and even moreso that he was replaced with a new younger character with no prior connection to him (mainly because he had the STRONGEST supporting cast in comics imo and that I felt there were still much more stories to tell here...and also because I refuse to even remotely read anything that has 616 Spidey in it (Spider-Men being my only exception)). Why am I stating this?

Because I feel that Ulitmate Comics Spider-Man is still one of the best books out a month and one that I always know will deliver. And a new protagonist hasn't changed that. Mile's is doing absolutely awesome right now (and Spider-Men was better than it had any right being) so there is no reason to want him to go away. He hasn't failed remotely and, perhaps more importantly, he is very different from Ultimate Peter. With that said, while I wouldn't mind Peter coming back, I also wouldn't mind him staying dead (unlike the Ultimatium deaths, his was at least good and pretty much changed the landscape of the Ultimate Verse both in and out of verse). If he was to return, I wouldn't want him to come back as Spider-Man but to come back as the Iron Spider or something (when Tony Stark's tumor eventually wins out which was what I also thought was going to happen instead of Peter dying).
    Pull List: (Marvel) Daredevil, Mighty Avengers, Hawkeye, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, She-Hulk, Ms Marvel, X-Factor (DC) Nightwing, Batman, Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yoyo View Post
    Once again : Peter's death had a strong impact on Steve, that's why he tries to integrate Miles more once the kid has shown that he's not going to stop. Apparently Steve always had reservations about Peter, but Fury let him do his thing and it wasn't really his place to contest his authority. He doesn't want what happened to Peter to happen to Miles, and intends to make Miles better than Peter as fast as he can.
    Regardless of how Peter's death had a strong impact on Cap, there's a fine line between letting him continue as Spider-Man and taking an untrained 13 year old out onto the front lines of a war. In a situation like that, they're not at liberty to be keeping an eye on him when even they themselves are barely holding on against Modi and Hydra.

No time for white drama Ballard Blues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DevilMayhem666 View Post
    The only characters that should came back from the dead are most of the ones that died pointless during Ultimatum.
    I know, right? Talk about unceremonious ends.
    “For the natural born smartass, nine times out of ten
    the "smartass impulse" is acted upon before the brain
    has even engaged in first gear.”
    - Stephen King?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballard Blues View Post
    I know, right? Talk about unceremonious ends.
    Well we've got 3 so far between Thor, Madrox and now Psylocke so they're working on it.

Elder Member

Well we've got 3 so far between Thor, Madrox and now Psylocke so they're working on it.
    THOR NEVER DIED! HE CHOSE TO STAY IN HEL!

Yeesh. How many other people are gonna get that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Fan2232 View Post
    I enjoyed Death of Spider-man. Eagerly anticipated each issue and it made comics fun for me again for the 1st time in a long time. And i love Miles and everything about this spider-man... Bringing Peter back would cheapen my experience that I had with Death of spider-man. I think it meant so much to me because I knew Peter wouldn't be back. If they brought him back it would make it seem like the time I invested in DOSM was a little less important. I was coming off of a horrible experience with Batman R.I.P. and a awful bruce wayne return that until recently drove me away from DC and into marvel. Luckily for me I discovered the Ultimate universe and haven't looked back. So R.I.P Peter Parker. I hope to never see you again.
    But Batman never died there. Comparing this and Death of Spider-Man is just wrong.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post

Well then Valkyrie died and came back. Either way, Thor's name is in the back of Ultimatum #5.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post

The writers seem to disagree:

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Well then Valkyrie died and came back. Either way, Thor's name is in the back of Ultimatum #5.
    Valkyrie then died again.

The writers seem to disagree:
    Because he was in Hel when in event was over.