Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 310
  1. #16

    Default

    I really like the current USM.

  2. #17
    Senior Member Chris S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,965

    Default

    Wow so I guess overwhelming response on these boards is to keep him dead.

    I've been a reader of USM since I bought my now signed copy of USM 1 off the rack (CGC SS 9.6 to be exact!). For the first time I'm thinking about dropping the book. It just doesn't have the same feel it did and I'm just not feeling this new direction. I hate bringing back characters from the dead, but I didn't see this ever being permanent.

    I trust Bendis and will give him a few more issues, but if it doesn't pick up it is money that could be better spent.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

    Come join the club!

  3. #18
    On Vacation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    Wow so I guess overwhelming response on these boards is to keep him dead.

    I've been a reader of USM since I bought my now signed copy of USM 1 off the rack (CGC SS 9.6 to be exact!). For the first time I'm thinking about dropping the book. It just doesn't have the same feel it did and I'm just not feeling this new direction. I hate bringing back characters from the dead, but I didn't see this ever being permanent.

    I trust Bendis and will give him a few more issues, but if it doesn't pick up it is money that could be better spent.
    Actually I think I understand what you are wanting. You want Peter obviously. And you are expecting Miles to become Peter when he never will. Miles will be Miles. It doesn't matter how many issues you pick up it will never be the same as before. And you may not like the new direction which I disagree but I understand what you are saying. However his story is over. There are tons of stories that I would love to continue like Harry Potter for example but I know enough to understand that there won't be anything like it again. It's better to either just move on or follow something else. I mean No disrespect to you but I understand what you are going through.

  4. #19
    Cyclops was right webhead921's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36

    Default

    First of all, I don't think people are saying Miles is better than Peter. We just don't want Peter back. Of course Miles is not better than Peter, he is only on issue 18, while ultimate Peter has had more than 160 issues to grow as a character. I think Miles' story and development have been interesting, and I would like to see it continue to grow. I still like Ultimate Peter more than I like Miles.

    Also, I agree that Ultimate Peter and MJ are soul mates. They are still soul mates even though Peter is dead. How does Peter's death undermine the strong bond they shared while Peter was alive?

  5. #20
    Senior Member 5cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    I think you guys need a really good reason for Peter to come back to justify it and even counter the people who would roll their eyes at another resurrection. It needs to be more than because Miles sucks. So you need an idea so good Marvel can't say no.

  6. #21
    Alrighty Then atlasjj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I think you guys need a really good reason for Peter to come back to justify it and even counter the people who would roll their eyes at another resurrection. It needs to be more than because Miles sucks. So you need an idea so good Marvel can't say no.
    That's how I feel. For Peter to return it has to been an amazing story and has to have a solid reason.

    Not only that but I stand by the fact that more time needs to pass. His death just happened a little over a year ago.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

  7. #22
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Loveland,CO U.S.
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webhead921 View Post
    First of all, I don't think people are saying Miles is better than Peter. We just don't want Peter back. Of course Miles is not better than Peter, he is only on issue 18, while ultimate Peter has had more than 160 issues to grow as a character. I think Miles' story and development have been interesting, and I would like to see it continue to grow. I still like Ultimate Peter more than I like Miles.

    Also, I agree that Ultimate Peter and MJ are soul mates. They are still soul mates even though Peter is dead. How does Peter's death undermine the strong bond they shared while Peter was alive?
    I don't like Mj ends up w/ other guy,but no one never replace Peter in her heart & she already known that unless the new guy in her life turns out to his clone.

    Miles have a lot of ahead of life,but he don't need superpowers to drag him down. he's just a little kid,he's too young to die.
    Last edited by Lunar Calibur; 11-01-2012 at 06:44 PM.

  8. #23
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Miles a crybaby? And Peter isn't?? IMO, Ultimate Peter Parker cried way too much. I'm not say he shouldn't have cried, just that he shouldn't have cried that much.

    Miles is a brave kid for his age. I think he's aloud to have a little cry.

    Quote Originally Posted by atlasjj View Post
    Not only that but I stand by the fact that more time needs to pass. His death just happened a little over a year ago.
    And barely a few months in-universe.

  9. #24
    "Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tel'aran'rhiod
    Posts
    307

    Default

    I think they should bring Peter back, Give him a new identity as a shield agent and send him off into the troubled areas on a motorcycle. Ultimate Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider?

    Even if they did bring him back, I don't see any way that he could resume his civilian identity without placing his loved ones in peril again. Maybe Badass Gwen would take off after him; Proving that in this Universe she's his one and only. MJ could always hook up with Jessica; Making everybody a winner.

  10. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Frog View Post
    I think they should bring Peter back, Give him a new identity as a shield agent and send him off into the troubled areas on a motorcycle. Ultimate Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider?

    Even if they did bring him back, I don't see any way that he could resume his civilian identity without placing his loved ones in peril again. Maybe Badass Gwen would take off after him; Proving that in this Universe she's his one and only. MJ could always hook up with Jessica; Making everybody a winner.
    This would make me really happy. But I don't think it should happen for quite some time yet. I especially like your idea of SW hooking up with MJ. Spider-Woman loves MJ and would do anything to protect her. I think/hope.

  11. #26
    "Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tel'aran'rhiod
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    This would make me really happy. But I don't think it should happen for quite some time yet. I especially like your idea of SW hooking up with MJ. Spider-Woman loves MJ and would do anything to protect her. I think/hope.
    I actually meant that last part as a joke; But Jessica does have all of Peter's memories, I assume that she would still be in love with MJ. I think it would be pretty cool if they hooked MJ and Jessica up.

    Jessica should probably have an ongoing series. It would be cool to examine the World from the point of view of Clone. Imagine going through Life knowing you were only a copy of someone else.
    Last edited by Spider-Frog; 11-01-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Massive Sneeze

  12. #27
    Senior Member RoguefanAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    No. Bring one popular character back and every writers going to want to bring back their own favorites. Then it's back to 616 logic where death basically means an extended vacation.

    UU finally feels different from the 616 in a substantial way with good story potential. Plus this allows characters to reach positions they wouldn't of with certain characters still around (Kitty and Jean being leaders of mutantdom, as opposed to Cyclops and Professor X if they were still alive).
    Last edited by RoguefanAM; 11-01-2012 at 09:05 PM.

  13. #28
    Ultimate fan for life TheUltimates09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    162

    Default

    I apologize for getting off topic but i can only imagine what Aunt May, Gwen Stacy, and Mary Jane reaction would b towards spider-woman. I mean come on, would that not freak you the hell out, I know i would, but that's just me. Given time though i think Aunt May would accept spider-woman because that's just the type of woman she is. As for MG and GS, it can go so many ways. I just hope Brian for whoever tackle this plot, cuz if handled right it would make one HELL of a story. Again, sorry for going off topic, everyone have a nice day or night depending where you live.

  14. #29
    Splendiferous Spider Hero ImmortalIronFist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    3,726

    Default

    Rather than see Peter come back, I'd like to see the book be Ultimate Spider-Woman starring Jessica, instead of USM starring Miles.
    Hey, that tiger is flying a spaceship.

  15. #30
    Senior Member Trallis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Providence
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    Why can't some people realize that the reason they miss Peter so much is because Bendis is a damned good writer? An example of good writing is when you have a completely fictional character DIE, and readers are still sad about that character's death over a year later.

    Bendis wrote every page of Ultimate Spider-Man and gave you around a decades worth of his interpretation(quite possibly the best interpretation) of a great character that someone else created. Give him a shot writing about a new character that he created himself. I love Peter Parker and his story was awesome. Now I'm reading Miles' story, and loving every single issue, and one of my favorite things about it is that it's completely different than Peter's story.

    Aside from the fact that Peter's death was done really well, and the fact that Miles seems to promise me many more years of original spider-man stories, wouldn't it bother you to have them just bring Peter back? He's a great character but he's 100% dead. Every fictional character in the Ultimate Universe knows he's dead. Why would you want to read a story in which a character who dies can just show up again next year? That's cheap story telling.. it assumes the reader is an idiot, and completely insults the long term readers of the comic.

    If you really like Peter, why can't you appreciate that his death story was probably the greatest super hero death in Marvel history. The shockwaves of it are still being felt in Miles' book and other books as well. Ultimate Peter died in Death of Spider-Man, but as a fan, how can you read Death of Spider-man and take that huge event as anything other than a celebration of everything that makes Peter Parker/Spider-Man great?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •