Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Didn't lucas sort of wrap it up in jedi though?
    Evil was defeated, good won.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    You know evil always comes back in the movies. Maybe Darth Maul will be resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffhanger View Post
    You know evil always comes back in the movies. Maybe Darth Maul will be resurrected.
    The TV Show are in the same canon as the movies (Acording to the much beloved George Lucas Canon) so he already has been resurrected.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

That's a good news. Never really liked most of the stuff made for this hydra of mediocrity called "expanded universe".

I must say, i'm kinda optimistic about this whole deal. The only Star Wars thing i really enjoyed since 83 is this clone wars tv show who's in its last season now so yeah, bring on the new stuff.

So far Star Wars movies always has been about the Skywalker family. Let's see if it changes in the next trilogy.
    Last edited by Castel; 11-03-2012 at 01:16 AM.

I think we will see that the Skywalker family story isn't done yet. We have seen the start of the families entry into force wielding, the corruption of Anakin, the birth of Luke and Lea, Lukes rise to power, his redemption of his father... We may yet see a story wherein Lukes or Lea and Hans children rebel against his teachings and end up resurrecting the sith order, forcing him to have to deal with the problem.

And if anyone saw the movie Mark Hamill made titled "Slipstream", he basically showed how he could look as a mature jedi...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slipstream-1989-mark-hamill-27012769-800-527.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	103748

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    And if anyone saw the movie Mark Hamill made titled "Slipstream", he basically showed how he could look as a mature jedi...

Forget Luke Skywalker Jedi...
    If they cast Mark Hamill he should play Boba Fett, if he looks like that these days.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

If they don't use Luke but still want Hamill in some capacity, maybe he can voice a CG (or puppet) character. I can easily see that with his work on "Regular Show", as well as the Batman series.

Hammil's son Nathan was one of the many 'easter egg' cameos in TPM (He played one of the Naboo soldiers.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    I think we will see that the Skywalker family story isn't done yet. We have seen the start of the families entry into force wielding, the corruption of Anakin, the birth of Luke and Lea, Lukes rise to power, his redemption of his father... We may yet see a story wherein Lukes or Lea and Hans children rebel against his teachings and end up resurrecting the sith order, forcing him to have to deal with the problem.

That movie came out in 1989, Mark Hamill doesn't look like that anymore.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Yeah, Mark Hamill looks a lot older but, c'mon people, anybody can look cool with the right lighting wearing a Jedi robes. You really think Ian McDirmid looks all that menacing in real life?

Alls I can say that bringing back Hamill as Luke is probably definitely going to happen. There are characters that go from the prequels to the original trilogy, I can't see this sequel trilogy kicking off with, like, nobody from the OT, y'know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark
    I love the way everyone who is NOT in charge and has ZERO input into this is so totally convinced that they have THE one correct answer to all of this. But certain things are just not going to happen (in all likelihood).

Disney is not likely to reboot the franchise. And why should they? For one, they don't own the rights to the first 6, and for another... there are new stories to be told, so why rehash old stories.

Disney has not during all of this stated categorically that they will never adapt any of the extended universe books. I have not seen that said once except by people here who take their statement about Episode 7 being an original story as being a statement of such. So what appears to be happening is that they are going to wrap up the overall story arc that Lucas originally planned, what happens after that... who can predict.

So we may still see any number or adaptations become cannon after episode 9.
    I'd wager that what will happen is that Del Rey and Dark Horse will be allowed to round off the existing EU and then in 2015, it'll all be rebooted. Thus matching up to the new films. And it'll be two series, one set between VI and VII and a series set between each film. After a while, they'll do EU stories for the PT and the OT era.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    A lot could happen. That's what the foundation of the post ROTJ EU was about. The New Republic taking back the systems controlled by the Empire, while Luke began building a new Jedi Order. Whatever VII-IX will be, it will based on some form of that concept. Not 100%, but in general.
    Last edited by Mat001; 11-03-2012 at 12:53 PM.

so many things can happen they can do alot with this so much .I think they can make a giant movie/s that can blow us away soooo.New characters , new planets everything at fresh start , but still very familliar to us the fans
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

Well, the website, MarketSaw 3D is reporting some rumors about what to expect from the new Star Wars trilogy in the wake of the Disney acquisition. Bleeding Cool is also reporting the same thing. And keep in mind, this guy was also told rumors about a new Star Wars trilogy being in the works back in 2009, apparently from his same sources. To list off what he says could be coming down the pipe for the new trilogy:

*"Luke Skywalker is the primary focus, as are many of the original trilogy cast." And "[Mark] Hamill [reprising his role as Luke Skywalker] is a certainty."

*George Lucas will not have creative control over the new films but will have some role, most likely as a story consultant.

*The new trilogy is based on already written drafts that Lucas made back when he was working on the original Star Wars trilogy, and Disney will attempt to make the tone of the new trilogy match that with the Original Trilogy, and "intend on playing to the cultural significance of [the] original trilogy."

*Aside from Luke Skywalker, the new trilogy will also attempt to feature Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, C-3PO and R2-D2, and the various actors who played those roles have already been approached. (Although I don't know how they do Chewbacca since, according to the expanded universe, he was killed, so maybe a descendant?)

*There's plans for not just one, but TWO trilogies, with episodes 10-12 focusing on "the offspring of the Skywalkers," in keeping with Lucas' original concept of Star Wars being "multi-generational saga" about the Skywalkers.

*The new films will "be set many years later with the surviving cast playing much older versions of themselves and featuring a female protagonist named Skywalker."

*The Empire was not completely destroyed by the end of Return of the Jedi.

*The new films will adopt Time-Warner's "Harry Potter model," i.e. being "aggressively brought to the forefront of popular entertainment once again with consistent installments."

*There are still plans in the works for a live action Star Wars TV series.

*Possible directors they have in mind for the new films include Steven Spielberg, Neil Blomkamp, Alfonso Cuarón, Matthew Vaughn, Darren Arnofsky (who apparently is the most popular choice), and Joss Whedon.

*Disney also plans on releasing the "restored prints of the Original Trilogy."
    Last edited by stillanerd; 11-03-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

The Empire was not completely destroyed by the end of Return of the Jedi.
    I always kind of figured that, considering how expansive they were....sure a bulk of the Empires power structure was destroyed but there are still ships and Imperial governors out there
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by President Kang View Post
    Yeah, Mark Hamill looks a lot older but, c'mon people, anybody can look cool with the right lighting wearing a Jedi robes. You really think Ian McDirmid looks all that menacing in real life?
    I don't think any has ever looked cool in Jedi robes. Even Sam Jackson couldn't do it.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    *Disney also plans on releasing the "restored prints of the Original Trilogy."
    This one at least shouldn't surprise anybody.