Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bedlam, #1

I was curious about this book so I decided to pick it up (also got the awesome phantom cover), and it blew me away. The story was very disturbingly engrossing, and the art was simply amazing. I cant wait for #2 to see where exactly this story is heading!

Typically not a huge fan of Spencer's writing but absolutely loooooove Rossmo and the concept was intriguing so I picked it up and was very impressed. Love the mystery, love the big bad, and Rossmo really does a brilliant job of setting a horrific tone. And damn, it was a double sized full color book for only $3.50. Cheaper than most of the big two. Can't beat that at all!
    www.grayhavencomics.com

'For creators, by creators'

I'll add to the chorus of people that really enjoyed this. The art was great and the concept is intriguing. I have questions about some of the events that took place here, but with circumstances around Madder Red being something of a mystery, I assume answers will come in due time.

Looking forward to more!

I loved this book. I thought the pacing was great and the back and forth between past and present was very well done. Really looking forward to issue #2.
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

Quote Originally Posted by cphilli View Post
    I loved this book. I thought the pacing was great and the back and forth between past and present was very well done. Really looking forward to issue #2.
    I agree. Awesome comic book :)

My copy finally arrived. Got to say I really enjoyed it and maybe there is some spoilers out where its headed. But I beleive this is something that could flip at a any second. Im sure it'll ride the orginal story concept out for a good while. It could also though become something like Dexter meets Charles Bronson.

Bought it just because the cover was nice. Read it two nights ago and I'm still thinking about it. It was amazing. Madder red doesn't remind me so much of the joker. He reminds me more of Deadpool but just evil. Same voice from marvel vs capcom 3 and the hulk vs movie.

I didn't like it much... like colder another new comic book series this ones bad guy seems too much like The Joker. All this so called Insane like behavior is not as Insane as you think. Sure an idiot with a knife and a killing spree is called Insane all the time, but there is much more to things than that.

Don't confuse interesting or depth with non-descript behavior and violence, violence doesn't last long after it's ugliness is over...

There's more TERROR in just a bit of Beauty than there is in 10 billion violent American Movies.

Don't just stick a knife in me comic book creators... go bigger... go longer...

Quote Originally Posted by mystmaven View Post
    I didn't like it much... like colder another new comic book series this ones bad guy seems too much like The Joker. All this so called Insane like behavior is not as Insane as you think. Sure an idiot with a knife and a killing spree is called Insane all the time, but there is much more to things than that.

Don't confuse interesting or depth with non-descript behavior and violence, violence doesn't last long after it's ugliness is over...

There's more TERROR in just a bit of Beauty than there is in 10 billion violent American Movies.

Don't just stick a knife in me comic book creators... go bigger... go longer...
    Just wanted to point out that you sound pretty nutty here but I realize that this is almost entirely because of my paradigm... The neighborhood that I live in now is fairly safe as they come but I'm not too far from where I grew up which is... well, not. I can certainly imagine a childhood not spent exploring abandoned buildings in a neighborhood where someone might not bust into a home, armed if need be, if they thought they could get away with it and something of value, a place where more kids that you grew up with than one has fingers hadn't overdosed before 30... But that's not the case. Heck, I know I didn't get the worst of it, if anything I had a cake time of things but I know plenty of others who didn't. Anyway, while there was certainly some larger than life violence I think tonally it reflected life in rustbelt America well enough as can be expected. Your Joker comparison seems fair enough but , I kinda thought, if anything, the story seems to be drawing more from Clockwork Orange post-Alex's "treatment".

My one complaint about this series has more to do with my comic shop then anything. I showed up in the early afternoon on the release date for issue #1 and it was sold out already, by the time the second printing hit the shelf (and two days after release) #2 was sold out. I added it to my pull list but I have to get my mitts on a copy of issue #2 now...
    ASM, ELEKTRA, SILVERSURFER, DAREDEVIL, MOONKNIGHT, SHEHULK, FANTASTIC FOUR, MM, INVINCIBLE, INVINCIBLEU, MANHATTAN PR, E OF W, BLACKSCIENCE, BEDLAM, VELVET, TWD, SAGA, Mignolaverse, MASSIVE, MIND MGMT

I was not quite sure how to take the first issue but when combined with the second this is turning out to be a great series. I like it a lot thus far.
    My blog where I mostly do comic reviews

Vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit