Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger of Apocalypse View Post
    Might not be a Mother Box but it looked very... New God-ish. An interesting connection if it is.
    Eh, the Kirby aesthetic is seen everywhere. It wasn't as overtly Kirby as it could have been.

That isn't to say it isn't a New Gods thing, but from what we've seen from future solicits, it doesn't seem to be that.

"Trapped in a technologically advanced dimension where magic is outlawed and magic users are hunted and executed, the team must find Zatanna and Tim Hunter within 48 hours or be trapped there forever!"

That would be a radical re-working of the New Gods, I think. Although I suppose the Mother Box could have been a separate thing that transported Tim there as a failsafe.

Lots of possibilities, and I am open to them all!
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar

I had dropped the book with #3 and then picked it back up with #9 and am absolutely loving the title. Janin's art is nothing short of stunning. The detail he puts into things such as Black Orchid's outfit (loved the effect of her jumping out of the house...a nod to her old cape obviously.)

This book has become a favorite and I am loving it more and more each month. I would like to see a mini series or an arch in DCU Presents focusing on Black Orchid.
    Not all who wander are lost....

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    "Trapped in a technologically advanced dimension where magic is outlawed and magic users are hunted and executed, the team must find Zatanna and Tim Hunter within 48 hours or be trapped there forever!"
    I forgot the solicit said "hunted." I guess a grown-up Tim (the Hunter) is probably in charge of this other dimension. He's already given up magic once; maybe an alternate version of his doesn't just give it up on his own behalf but bans it from the whole world.
    Last edited by slvn; 11-01-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    I forgot the solicit said "hunted." I guess a grown-up Tim (the Hunter) is probably in charge of this other dimension. He's already given up magic once; maybe an alternate version of his doesn't just give it up on his own behalf but bans it form the whole world.
    They've done a lot with alternate Tim Hunters controlling universes or creating them already, actually. That was actually the main thing from the first Books of Magic series.

Tim himself created an entire multiverse when he gave up magic that time; I wonder if they are playing with this here?
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

I love this book! Since Lemire started writing its easily my favorite monthly. This was one of the best issues I've read in a long time! Janin's art was amazing as usual. Though Frankenstein kinda looked like Shrek. I wish more people would draw him similar to how Mahnke drew him. With the more decayed face and nose.

Loved the ending! A very "holy shit" moment. That was totally New God tech. The Kirby circuitry and the beeping while it opened a gateway.
    It could be a way for a mortal to access The Source. Or the source of all magic.
    Last edited by Robotman4; 11-01-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Not convinced it was a Mother Box so much as a piece of technology, since there was no Boom Tube by a...Fwap Tube?
    Not to be confused with a Fap Tube...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I should have re-read the entire arc before reading this issue. I love Frankenstein being included but some of the intros did feel forced. Small complaint though and the art by Janin is magnificent.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Not to be confused with a Fap Tube...
    The ride is smoother if you use a Lube Tube...

Yes, excellent work from Mr. Janin. Hope to see lots more in the future!